Would you wear a mask every time you were outside your cabin?

clo

36 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Since you cannot tell the difference between the two, the plan is to put everyone into a form of quarantine?  Isn't that rather expensive?

You are little obsessed with money 😂. To be fair quarantine doesn't have to be expensive, Vietnam could do it and they are a poor nation. Unless you have have another solution to keep infected people from spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus? 

3 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You are little obsessed with money 😂. To be fair quarantine doesn't have to be expensive, Vietnam could do it and they are a poor nation. Unless you have have another solution to keep infected people from spreading the SARS-CoV-2 virus? 

I'm obsessed with preventing unnecessary economic damage to the economy.  I'm not one of those 'if it saves one life it's worth it'.  There are many things we can 'afford' but that doesn't mean those 'affordable' things are a good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

I'm struggling to accept the notion that the quantity of virus received means it won't infect you.  Virus is virus, in any quantity.

However small amount you begin with, it will replicate over time exponentially, 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc so the only thing that a larger or smaller starting quantity does is affect how long it takes for it to have replicated enough to cause a person symptoms (i.e. incubation time).

Yes, “virus is virus in any quantity”   — but the actual quantity is highly significant.  The human body responds to viral infections by developing its own defenses.  But that natural defense can be overwhelmed by numbers. While a single or a few viruses can be overcome, a massive exposure may not be.  That is why even a partiallly effective effort like a face mask can make a difference. Anything which limits intake of virus helps.  Yes - 20 foot distancing would be better than the 6 foot standard now urged - but 20 feet is too difficult to achieve — that does not erase value of the significant effectiveness or the more workable 6foot standard.

55 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I'm obsessed with preventing unnecessary economic damage to the economy.  I'm not one of those 'if it saves one life it's worth it'.  There are many things we can 'afford' but that doesn't mean those 'affordable' things are a good idea.

One life? We are talking thousands. Anyway you can't save an economy from a Pandemic it will be damaged no matter what you do or don't do especially since it wasn't in great shape before the Pandemic. Better to fight for something you can save which is human lives 😉. The economy is a man made construct we can recreate or adapt it any time, we have done so throughout history. Still haven't figured out how to revive the dead though😜

Edited by ilikeanswers

23 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Walking unmasked into a cloud of droplets which a heavily infected individual has just sneezed into the air can do the job in seconds.

Serious question. Would you rather stand by someone who sneezed through their mask or into their arm?

There's things dumbed down by the masses, and there's common sense. Some of us aren't running into sneeze clouds and sneezing in each other's mouths.

10 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Serious question. Would you rather stand by someone who sneezed through their mask or into their arm?

There's things dumbed down by the masses, and there's common sense. Some of us aren't running into sneeze clouds and sneezing in each other's mouths.

If I were wearing a mask and sneezed, I'd be sneezing in my arm also. Habit and taught never to sneeze without covering up or in your hands.  Been sneezing in my elbow long before CV-19. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

If I were wearing a mask and sneezed, I'd be sneezing in my arm also. Habit and taught never to sneeze without covering up or in your hands.  Been sneezing in my elbow long before CV-19. 

All this sneezing in your elbow stuff. Does no one use a proper handkerchief any more?

Just now, wowzz said:

All this sneezing in your elbow stuff. Does no one use a proper handkerchief any more?

I have no idea what others do or don't do. If you didn't have your hanky with you or you couldn't retrieve it fast enough how are you going to stop the spray when you sneeze?