Ship cleaning.

Tophat4321

Funny how cruise lines are talking about the extra cleaning they are NOW going to do. Maybe if ships were cleaned better there would not be as much NORO on the ships. All this talk about cleaning is just feel good and for govenrments. Once this passes cruise lines will back to the old ways of cleaning as the budget for "deep cleaning"will get cut.

OBTW I am still waiting for my refund for two cruises. I am not a happy cruiser. 

I have taken 

• Like 1

I think for the most part the cruise lines do a pretty decent job of cleaning and sanitizing.  At least Princess and HAL, the lines we cruise on.   I blame the passengers who bring the bug on board.  They that don't wash their hands after using the bathroom - I have seen it many times, and it freaks me out.  Or the passengers who lick their fingers and then touch utensils in the buffet that others touch (ladles, serving spoons etc).  I've seen that too.  Or the lady who touched all the bread looking for "just the right piece".     Again, I think the ships do  good job but they can't police every inch of the ship all the time. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tophat4321 said:

Funny how cruise lines are talking about the extra cleaning they are NOW going to do. Maybe if ships were cleaned better there would not be as much NORO on the ships. All this talk about cleaning is just feel good and for govenrments. Once this passes cruise lines will back to the old ways of cleaning as the budget for "deep cleaning"will get cut.

OBTW I am still waiting for my refund for two cruises. I am not a happy cruiser. 

I have taken 

Regardless of how much cleaning Princess or any other cruise line might normally do, you wouldn't expect them to do some "extra cleaning" after a NORO or other unhealthy situation occurred during a cruise? Personally, I believe that the ships are kept pretty clean all the time. Of course since you apparently believe that "all this talk about cleaning"  is done just for appearances sake to fool the government and future passengers, maybe they're just using plain old water with a small amount of Clorox or something else to make it maybe just smell like "real" cleaner. All part of some grand conspiracy.  If that's the case, then you'll probably never go on another cruise with any cruise line again since the ships are so unclean and unsafe.

Me, I don't feel that way, but perhaps you're right and I'm wrong. Who knows who is right??

Tom

• Like 4

On 4/28/2020 at 7:42 PM, Tophat4321 said:

Funny how cruise lines are talking about the extra cleaning they are NOW going to do. Maybe if ships were cleaned better there would not be as much NORO on the ships.

Maybe if no embarking passenger had undiagnosed noro when embarking a very clean and sanitized ship, the ship would remain clean.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, Daisyloo said:

I think for the most part the cruise lines do a pretty decent job of cleaning and sanitizing.  At least Princess and HAL, the lines we cruise on.   I blame the passengers who bring the bug on board.  They that don't wash their hands after using the bathroom - I have seen it many times, and it freaks me out.  Or the passengers who lick their fingers and then touch utensils in the buffet that others touch (ladles, serving spoons etc).  I've seen that too.  Or the lady who touched all the bread looking for "just the right piece".     Again, I think the ships do  good job but they can't police every inch of the ship all the time. 

Check out this article.  Maybe it wasn’t the passengers but the produce.....

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

CDC: Frozen raspberries were culprit behind 2019 norovirus outbreak on multiple cruises

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/24/cdc-report-raspberries-caused-2019-norovirus-outbreak-cruises/3018721001/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the OP;  you can say the same issue for airlines and hotels.  I receive two or three emails a week from the airlines and hotels that I have status with.  They all are telling me what they are doing for cleaning; in addition to their normal cleaning.  So you can not just single out the cruise lines for their cleaning requirements.  

• Like 3

You don't catch disease from the cruise ship.  You catch disease on a cruise ship from a passenger/crew member that brings the communicable disease on the ship.  The ship could be sterilized between cruises and there could still be a disease outbreak of the flu or norovirus or other disease (coronavirus) because someone unknowingly (or knowingly) brought the bacteria or virus onboard at embarkation.  You cannot disinfect every arriving passenger.

• Like 4

On 4/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Daisyloo said:

I agree with you Daisylou,

Last year me and my wife spent a week on the Regal Princess and it was as clean or cleaner than the very best hotels we have ever stayed in.  Eg; St. Regis in SFO.  I think cruise ships may possibly be getting a bad rap for cleanliness, at least in my experience?

On 4/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Daisyloo said:

I just gagged reading this!  HAH!  We've all seen it.  And I agree 100%.  It's the people being gross that spreads these viruses. 

4 hours ago, CynCyn said:

Check out this article.  Maybe it wasn’t the passengers but the produce.....

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

CDC: Frozen raspberries were culprit behind 2019 norovirus outbreak on multiple cruises

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/24/cdc-report-raspberries-caused-2019-norovirus-outbreak-cruises/3018721001/

So, the Frozen raspberries were culprit?

20 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I venture to say that most cruise ships are cleaner than 75% of the passengers homes. 

maybe prior to all this stay-at-home …

and  I will say, our garage, previously know as the abyss, looks pretty damn good and organized now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1