Changed itineraries?

Presuming cruising resumes later this year does anyone think we will see significant changes to itineraries because of the covid crisis?

Also when will itineraries beyond April 2022 be released?

I don't see how there can be anything but changed iteneraries when cruising resumes.Royal currently has only 3 ships in Europe right now and one of those is in construction. I would be very surprised if there is a Med season at all this year.Trans Atlantic cruises will be sharply reduced because of this. What can they do?

We do not know which ports will even allow cruise ships this year. Frankly, I am very concerned that our 2021 cruises will be disrupted.

18 minutes ago, spunks said:

I don't see how there can be anything but changed iteneraries when cruising resumes.Royal currently has only 3 ships in Europe right now and one of those is in construction. I would be very surprised if there is a Med season at all this year.Trans Atlantic cruises will be sharply reduced because of this. What can they do?

We do not know which ports will even allow cruise ships this year. Frankly, I am very concerned that our 2021 cruises will be disrupted.

That's what I was thinking too, royal will hardly set sail across the Atlantic empty though. Allure is in Europe already - whats the other ship? 

20 minutes ago, smush21 said:

That's what I was thinking too, royal will hardly set sail across the Atlantic empty though. Allure is in Europe already - whats the other ship? 

Jewel is over here too. I don't know exactly where though.

I can envisage Allure's Med season being ditched entirely. The itinerary includes the three worst countries (Spain, Italy and France) all of which are making noises about not opening their external borders until into October. I don't know what other ports can handle Oasis class ships, but there can't be many.

With Jewel being smaller, I suppose they might be able to partially salvage something in the northern ports and maybe manage a TA back to the States with some passengers. Of course, that would require either trans-Atlantic flights starting back up from the US to Europe and/or the US administration lifting the ban on inbound Europeans... :classic_sad:

Hopefully we will know more soon,  i appreciate that we are living through a global pandemic  but personally I find the uncertainty is difficult, it would be nice to see a road map ahead.

4 hours ago, smush21 said:

Presuming cruising resumes later this year does anyone think we will see significant changes to itineraries because of the covid crisis?

Also when will itineraries beyond April 2022 be released?

I just cancelled a Dec.2020 cruise.A week or so earlier I got an e-mail stating that there may be a change in itinerary.That did not change my thinking about taking the cruise.

5 hours ago, smush21 said:

Good question and I thought about that myself. Other than cancelling existing sailings due to lack of available open ports or crew, I would think they would try to keep the itineraries the same.

Possibly combine similar itineraries  or substituting a bigger ship in order to maximize the amount of passengers. But even that might be a logistics challenge as they try to reassign cabins, excursions ,etc.  Especially since shore-side support staff has been reduced by 25%

IMO