Could take 30-40 business days.

thefog

I also cancelled a May cruise on March 10th and have not received the refund for my cruise fare.  I have received my cruise planner refunds.  Last time I called, I was told that my refund hadn't been initiated correctly and it would be another 30 days.  Airline was able to refund in less than 10 days, cruise line is just playing games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thefog said:

RCCL told me today after spending 2 hours on the phone it could take 30-40 business days to get my refunds.I cancelled my May.7th cruise back on March.10th,still nothing to my credit card.

See my comment above in Cruise cancelled

2 hours ago, thefog said:

RCCL told me today after spending 2 hours on the phone it could take 30-40 business days to get my refunds.I cancelled my May.7th cruise back on March.10th,still nothing to my credit card.

We cancelled a cruise last Friday and were told it could take up to 90 days to get a refund.

Received an email today apologizing for not sending me a refund for my cruise cancelled by RCI on 3/19/20 and I immediately filed for a refund.  The email said sorry we said 30 days, could be more like 45 days, so am I getting a refund May 4?  Time will tell, not spending the money yet.  

My April 9-12 cruise was cancelled by RCCL on March 14 and my refund request was initiated March 17.  The form said 30 days but the refund was actually issued April 26th.  Unfortunately I no longer have that credit card number as I was a victim of the Macy's October hacking thus it will take some time for refund to roll over to my new credit card number according to B of A.

The dining package and excursion I had booked were refunded within 2 days of the cruise being cancelled.  It appears it is taking 45 days as the agents who are processing the refunds are working from home.

Edited by Snit13
typo

I cancelled my 6/20 sailing on 3/17.  I got my refund for the refundable portion of my payment on 4/24.  They have my non-refundable deposit as a FCC.

Edited by KPookey

I didn't cancel my 5/21 Adventure; I just let things take their course believing it would never go. I filed the online claim for no more that 2 1/2 weeks ago. Every penny of the payment was refunded to my credit card today. The charge for Voom Internet was returned days ago. 

On 4/29/2020 at 7:16 PM, thefog said:

Of course. Final payments due 60-90 days and refunds running 30-40 days. That is a pretty good consistent cash flow. 

We were on the March 14 2020 Radiance Sydney (actually boarded and then were told to get off by midnight that evening).  All worked out fine.  Had a lovely week prior.  Anyhow, mulled over whether to take the 125 percent for future cruise or the full refund.  Decided on full refund, advised them on April 1.  Told it would take 30 business days (m-f) for refund to hit credit card.  Okay.  Received letter below a couple of days ago.   If refund does not show up by June 13, 2020,  we will claim on our credit card insurance (we have three months to initiate claim under said insurance) so I am not worried.   My credit card insurance has already paid me out for all the other expenses associated with the cancellation of the Mar 14th cruise.  

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

It’s no secret that the world is going through a difficult time. And while there are many changes going on around us, one that will never change is our commitment to remain transparent and as communicative, as possible.

As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, with an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We’ll have an update for you by May 6th, unless we see that your refund has already been disbursed between now and then. Please be sure to check with your banking institution for an update if you don’t hear from us. Please stay safe!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

On 4/29/2020 at 6:16 PM, thefog said:

it could take 30-40 business days to get my refunds

That translates to 150 - 200 calendar days. Surely refunds won't take 5 - 7 months! I think they erred in using the term "business days."

1 hour ago, WeighAnchor said:

That translates to 150 - 200 calendar days. Surely refunds won't take 5 - 7 months! I think they erred in using the term "business days."

40 business days is 8 weeks.  30 business days is 6 weeks.  How are you coming up with 150 to 200 calendar days?  There are 5 business days in a week.  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, rockmom said:

40 business days is 8 weeks.  30 business days is 6 weeks.  How are you coming up with 150 to 200 calendar days?  There are 5 business days in a week.  

Sorry about that... I meant to divide 30 & 40 by 5, not multiply 30 & 40 by 5. That would be 6-8 weeks. Me thinks I am getting oldtimer's disease! 🤣

Edited by WeighAnchor
  • Haha 1