July cruises not able to be booked (No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected)

ComradeRyan

Is anyone booked for June/July that didn't take out insurance - Just trying to gauge how optimistic people are?

I don't have to watch JH to know what he is going to say - Its like when people were told in the twin towers before the second plane hit to stay where they were - people lost their lives listening. We are all watching what's going on... over 700 people still died yesterday in NY/NJ according to the news. I am sure Carnival will be sailing soon because it seems like the practical thing to do - Let me direct you to JH - Step on board, nothing to see here, all is well...Have a drink! 

I am for opening the economy as its peoples lifeline and they are suffering - Cruises don't pass the sniff test - I know they are hurting but they will hurt more with their ships being over run with covid like they will be if they sale like this. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Is anyone booked for June/July that didn't take out insurance - Just trying to gauge how optimistic people are?

I don't have to watch JH to know what he is going to say - Its like when people were told in the twin towers before the second plane hit to stay where they were - people lost their lives listening. We are all watching what's going on... over 700 people still died yesterday in NY/NJ according to the news. I am sure Carnival will be sailing soon because it seems like the practical thing to do - Let me direct you to JH - Step on board, nothing to see here, all is well...Have a drink! 

I am for opening the economy as its peoples lifeline and they are suffering - Cruises don't pass the sniff test - I know they are hurting but they will hurt more with their ships being over run with covid like they will be if they sale like this. 

I think that they took away the cruises trying to sail at less capacity not for sure 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Seems like they are moving ahead with cruising soon. Just lets drop off some staff in different parts of the world and limit the inventory so that we don't over book the 5 people we are allowed to have on the ship at a time. I remember just a short time ago people claiming they were cruising in April, then May and now June. Its like roulette at some point the ball will fall in my number! 

I will believe it when I see it. They keep talking a big game and people are being brave and strong with the lines - I am not afraid and we need to live our lives...But I am not so sure they are ready to take the liability for what could happen and we know enough but don't know anywhere close to everything about this virus, which is what make non essential vacations not a necessity. They are ready to take more of anyone's money for cruises that wont happen - and that is what they are doing and continue to do. 

Exactly!!!

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I booked for june. Why buy insurance with the cruise with confidence? I booked fully expecting to get cancelled at $165 pp. I sure wish I could transfer that rate to next year.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, edspec said:

Same here, no insurance.

Insurance for a cancelled cruise would not pay anything for the cruise since you would get a full refund. It might help if you have non-refundable airfare or if the cruise line went bankrupt and could not refund your money.

This thread puts my concerns about our August 31st cruise on the Sunshine in perspective. Friday, I checked on it (on the Carnival site) to see if the prices had changed.   Not only could I not find my sailing anymore but all the  August cruises out of Charleston were gone.  When I called about it, the Carnival rep read me the announcement about "control of the inventory".  

My guess would be they are controlling inventory and getting ready to sail in about 2 months. Previously they have been accepting our money to stay afloat and then dragging their feet with our money as long as they can. It makes a lot of sense to deliberately hold up our funds as long as possible and I don't mind as long as it helps them survive through this.

Also for all of the 100 day CDC ppl...

Their recommendations mean nothing overall and doesn't mean they will be enforced.

all of the cities that are available to select when searching for August 2020, all cruises are gone from Baltimore, Barbados, Barcelona, Charleston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Mobile, New Orleans, New York, San Francisco, San Juan, Sydney, Tampa, and Venice.  Only Galveston, Miami, Port Canaveral, and Seattle show availability.

From another post. If your port isnt one of the above 4 you might not go until after august looks like. 
  • Like 1

I just find it really hard to believe that every cruise out of every port is sold out/unavailable through September.. this feels like what happened both times before when they cancelled cruises. I think the 'inventory control' story is just that- a story to buy time until Carnival is able to release an official announcement, maybe on Monday. 

Definitely not trying to be a pessimist. I have a cruise booked for October (rescheduled from cancelled May 9th cruise). I hope I'm wrong! I'm dying to cruise again and I want to see the ships sail and things go back to normal. I want to live vicariously through all of you until it's my turn! I'm dying to read all the trip reports and see pictures and "live from" threads again. 

But just in case I'm right, I went ahead and booked my spa pass and will probably pull the trigger on my excursions before Monday. Because if they do cancel through September, all those people are probably going to reschedule for fall and I don't want to miss the chance on booking things before they sell out. Anyone who has cruises booked for this fall/winter might want to consider doing the same. Especially with reduced capacity rules.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, geovet said:

I just checked booking and there are no cruises out of USA ports for June and July.

Was able to book Oasis of the Seas out of Bayonne for second week of July on Friday night.  Inside, OV, Balcony & Suite.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm just really happy I have a life left to live.

It all comes down to a matter of perspective.  Since you're at the forefront near the epicenter of this, your perspective is completely different from those in other areas of the country that have no clue as to what is really going on. 

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It all comes down to a matter of perspective.  Since you're at the forefront near the epicenter of this, your perspective is completely different from those in other areas of the country that have no clue as to what is really going on. 

Lol we do get news ya know. We do have some idea. 

Check out today Wall Street journal article about the cruise lines mishandling of the cruise in late February and early March. The article was two pages long and detailed - most of the ships were Carnival owned. Very damning that they were aware what was going on and they lied to ports where they were dropping off passengers, both sick and healthy. If true , it’s not going to make anyone sympathize with the cruise lines. 
I will double down on my opinion they will not be cruising until they can fully understand the risks and have a solid plan of limiting their liability which I don’t believe anyone can have as of this moment for a cruise ship as we don’t know enough about the virus. 
I will miss my summer cruises this year but believe when they start again it will be with our health being a solid concern as well as their profits.

4 hours ago, stormynow said:

Won't be a party on a cruise ship this year.

Since you seem to be able to tell the future, you can start off with the daily lottery, move up to the power ball one and then go to the track and hit on a trifecta once they open up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Booked on Carnival Splendour for July 30.  Not confident if sailing, not confident if New Caledonia will accept cruise ships.  Bought cruise at bargain price, thought it was worth the gamble.

My July 18 Panorama cruise disappeared from my profile, and when I try to add back the booking to my profile I get an error "This booking number and last name combination could not be found".  I smell additional cancellations being announced soon.