SS Future Re-Open Plan: Timing, Testing Needs??!!

TLCOhio

14 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

As long as they have strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, I’m good to go. 🙂

Appreciate these great comments and follow-ups about various food dreams, delights, desires, treats, including Blue Java Bananas.  FUN and interesting sharing!!!

From experienced former USA Today travel writer/expert Gene Sloan yesterday, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean drops age for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines to 12 for some cruises” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean is starting to go broader with its vaccine mandate.  The world’s largest cruise line on Friday said all passengers ages 12 and older will need to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise with the line in Alaska starting on Aug. 1.  For any Royal Caribbean sailings in Alaska that take place before Aug. 1, only fully vaccinated passengers over the age of 16 will be allowed to sail.  Both of the age cut-offs are lower than the line had previously announced for sailings starting up soon in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean.  On those voyages, the line has announced that all passengers ages 18 and older will need to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine to cruise.   It’s not clear whether the new age cut-offs just apply to upcoming Alaska sailings or the Caribbean and Mediterranean sailings, too. A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean did not immediately respond to questions.”

Clearly, the rules and requirements are changing and evolving as to how operations will be done for upcoming cruises.  And, what Royal Caribbean does might not be what, as an example, Silversea mandates.  Lots of "MOVING PARTS" at work as the cruise lines navigate these "choppy" and unchartered waters to re-open this summer. 

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/royal-caribbean-drops-age-for-mandatory-covid-19-vaccines-to-12-for-some-cruises/ar-AAKfkFk?ocid=BingNewsSearch

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 38,677 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

• Thanks 1

As of this morning, Silversea has updated their website to reflect the latest regarding their re-opening.  Below is one of the graphics highlighting the upcoming June 18 sailing from Athens and also for June 19 to start with their specially-designed ship in the Galapagos.  Exciting opportunities on two brand-new ships?  

From FOX News earlier this week, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean cancels cruise line set to depart from Israel" with this sub-headline: "The company stated that the current unrest in the area was the cause for this decision.”

Here are some their story highlights: “A major cruise line will not be sailing out of Israel this summer.  A spokesperson for Royal Caribbean confirmed to Fox News that it has 'changed the course' for a line of trips scheduled to depart from Israel. The company cited the current unrest in the area as the reason for this change.  According to the company, the Odyssey of the Seas will not be departing from Haifa, Israel, as it had previously been scheduled to do so. The cruise ship was originally set to travel from Haifa on a tour of the Greek Isles and Cyprus.  Instead, Royal Caribbean stated that the Odyssey of the Seas will spend its inaugural season in Florida.”

As things evolve during the coming months, there will be a mix of "go and stop", up-and-down steps during the process of re-opening.  It clearly will take time and patience.  "GRADUAL" is still the key, expected line of approach.  In Alaska, all of the cruise ships will not suddenly start sailing.  It will be a slow and limited ramp up.  

Full story at:

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/royal-caribbean-cancels-cruise-depart-israel

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 31,699 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

From the Silversea website this morning, here is one of the visuals that seems to make clear in June both the Silver Moon and Silver Origin will start sailing. Are Lois and others ready?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

1802790039_ScreenShot2021-05-22at11_10_09AM.thumb.png.8ab568043d187088a40671939e9df5b0.png

Edited by TLCOhio

35 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am ready  👍🙂.......I think Spins is ready too😃

Great, as expected, that Lois is totally, 100% ready to go to Greece and do this exciting sailing.  I would encourage others planning to do this "adventure" to post on the CC boards and let us know.  Hopefully, they will share more as they sail, give us updates and answer questions from all of the "inquiring minds" who want to know more about this new ship, its features, the staff, shore excursions, food and drink quality, etc., etc.  

For Alaska, ss background, I have a good friend who manages one of the major tourism operations in Juneau and they are super happy that things will be re-opening  in Alaska.  As she summarized to me this week: "What a relief to see all the HOPE again!"  

BUT, however, it will not be quickly a back to "normal" as we super loved and enjoyed in the summer of 2019 in this region.  

Why?  During what is left of the summer of 2021, it would only involve a limited number of the larger and medium ships.  Maybe Silversea only operates one ship?  Not two?  For her firm, when they talked with their insurance company and analyzed the financial balance sheets, it does not make sense (and cents/dollars) for them to open up this summer, bring in the full staff required, etc.  It's Economics 101 to operate during only a two-month-season in their business. The overall news is good, but they do not expect the big, BIG numbers doing these sailings along this key part of the SE Alaska coast.  That might not happen until 2022.  

From USA Today and the Arizona Republic yesterday, they had this headline: “Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival cruise lines announce plans to resume cruising this summer in Alaska, Florida, Texas” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line and Carnival Corp. lines Princess Cruises, Holland America Line and Carnival Cruise Line announced plans to resume cruising this summer, including some voyages to Alaska after the U.S. Senate passed a bill last week that could help save the state's upcoming cruise season.  Congress has voted to let large cruise ships sail directly from Washington state to Alaska without stopping in Canada, a step that could clear the way for cruises later this year.  The legislation approved by the House on Thursday goes to President Joe Biden, who is expected to sign it.   A longstanding federal law prohibits foreign-flagged ships — typically the big cruise liners — from carrying passengers between two U.S. ports without stopping in another country. With Canada forbidding any cruise operations through next February, the law threatened to eliminate Alaskan voyages on large ships this year.  'This legislation is literally a lifeline for so many of Alaska’s small businesses that were struggling, and it means jobs for more Alaskans this summer,' said Sarah Leonard, president of the Alaska Travel Industry Association.”

More below on the live/blog as to why we super loved the Silver Muse and our first sailing in this scenic and fun part of the world.

Full story at:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/05/19/norwegian-cruise-line-resumes-alaska-cruise-bookings/5167889001/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Completed 2019 summer with Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks,Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Muse, post-cruise excursion to Denali,etc.  Many visuals and details from our first in these scenic areas!  Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

18 hours ago, cruiseej said:

If I can't get Blue Java bananas for ice cream sundaes, and Gros Michel bananas for a creamy banana daiquiris, we're just not going to sail! Not the luxury we're accustomed to. Hmpf!

😉

6 hours ago, chrism23 said:

If you don't mind. what ins the hell are Blue Java Bananas.  Never heard of them and it sounds like I and missing something good.  😀

Okay, truth be told, when I decided to make a joking post about Royal Caribbean reducing the variety of bananas in their supply chain, I had to turn to Google to find the names of several varieties of bananas. My banana knowledge didn't go much beyond green, yellow, brown. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone who plans on travel to Greece needs to complete a PLF or Passenger Locator Form. One must complete it before travel.

see travel.gov.gr

Protocol for arrivals in and departures from Greece.

Edited by spinnaker2

21 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Notionally the two Silversea ships in Alaska this season are the Muse and Shadow.  The Muse is in the South China Sea which is about 45-50+ Sailing days from Alaska at pretty much maximum speed.  The Shadow is still in the Mediterranean in Marseille and that’s roughly 30-40+ sailing days.  Both are doable but they got to get going fairly soon if they want to start Alaskan cruises in early July per their presently published schedule.

(Since you posted this in two threads, I'm posting my reply in both places; apologies for the duplication.)

I'm just curious about the math here. Muse is the ship scheduled to be in Alaska this summer. Muse is in Singapore currently. Singapore is about 5,800 nautical miles from Anchorage. The Muse can get up to 21 knots going all out, but let's use a more moderate 18 knot speed for the math. So it would take the Muse 5,800 ÷ 18 = 322 hours to make that transit, which is about 13.5 days. You could slow the speed further to conserve fuel and deal with any stormy weather, and still do it in well under three weeks. How did you calculate 45-50 or more days, @Randyk47?

It seems they could take the next few weeks onboarding crew members in Singapore (and possibly Indonesia and/or the Philippines), depart from southeast Asia by mid-June, and make it to Anchorage for the first scheduled cruise on July 8.

This assumes all CDC and other regulatory hurdles can be resolved in the weeks ahead. And that they can get the crew members vaccinated as they leave southeast Asia, so they will have their two weeks to reach full immunity prior to reaching the US. If they need to adjust the schedule and start a week later from Seattle, Singapore-Seattle is about 7,000 nautical miles, so that transit time would take a couple more days. But it all still seems quite do-able.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

(Since you posted this in two threads, I'm posting my reply in both places; apologies for the duplication.)

I'm just curious about the math here. Muse is the ship scheduled to be in Alaska this summer. Muse is in Singapore currently. Singapore is about 5,800 nautical miles from Anchorage. The Muse can get up to 21 knots going all out, but let's use a more moderate 18 knot speed for the math. So it would take the Muse 5,800 ÷ 18 = 322 hours to make that transit, which is about 13.5 days. You could slow the speed further to conserve fuel and deal with any stormy weather, and still do it in well under three weeks. How did you calculate 45-50 or more days, @Randyk47?

It seems they could take the next few weeks onboarding crew members in Singapore (and possibly Indonesia and/or the Philippines), depart from southeast Asia by mid-June, and make it to Anchorage for the first scheduled cruise on July 8.

This assumes all CDC and other regulatory hurdles can be resolved in the weeks ahead. And that they can get the crew members vaccinated as they leave southeast Asia, so they will have their two weeks to reach full immunity prior to reaching the US. If they need to adjust the schedule and start a week later from Seattle, Singapore-Seattle is about 7,000 nautical miles, so that transit time would take a couple more days. But it all still seems quite do-able.

The Internet app I’m using says the distance is 19,307 NM not 5,800 Singapore to Anchorage.  At 18 knots they calculate 44.7 days.  Obviously anything less 18 knots plus stopping for fuel and provisions would add more time.   I think the 5,800 NM is straight line not the actual on surface travel distance but not sure which is right as 19,307 NM seems excessive now that I think about it.  

PS - For whatever reason the app routed the ship back through the Suez Canal so the figure is wrong as they obviously wouldn’t go west but east.

Edited by Randyk47

If you’re using ports.com, it’s showing 19+K NM going the long way round ie WEST via Suez and Panama Canals. 
Going EAST from Singapore, directly across the Pacific, it’s 5,800 NM

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

If you’re using ports.com, it’s showing 19+K NM going the long way round ie WEST. 
Going EAST it’s 5,800 NM

Yup.  Found another website that seems more reasonable.  https://sea-distances.org/  It calculates the distance to be 6,162 NM and would take 14 days plus to traverse at 18 knots.   I also used this second site to recalculate moving the Shadow to Seattle.  The revised number is 21 days at 18 knots through the Panama Canal.  

Edited by Randyk47

We are booked on the Muse in July 2022 sailing out of Vancouver (hotel booked too as all is postponed from 2020). Hopefully they will go back to sailing from Vancouver then, even if the 2021 cruises are from Seattle instead? Let's see. 

I know on the Silversea Passengers Facebook group Barbara Muckermann often replies to comments. She appears to be having a "returning to cruising" Q & A on Tuesday 1st June, but I cannot work out how to join it? Can you see this?

That shorter distance makes more sense. 19K nautical miles is indeed a long journey. Columbus tried going west to go east and look where that got him! 😉

The entire circumference of the earth is only 21,600 nautical miles. Easy to remember that, as the definition of a nautical mile used to be based on the length of one minute of latitude, so 60 minutes x 360 degrees =21,600.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, worldtraveller99 said:

We are booked on the Muse in July 2022 sailing out of Vancouver (hotel booked too as all is postponed from 2020). Hopefully they will go back to sailing from Vancouver then, even if the 2021 cruises are from Seattle instead? Let's see. 

I know on the Silversea Passengers Facebook group Barbara Muckermann often replies to comments. She appears to be having a "returning to cruising" Q & A on Tuesday 1st June, but I cannot work out how to join it? Can you see this?

Hi, I hope Barbara comes back here to continue answering all the questions that are still outstanding. She replied to quite a few (probably 25 or so) but there are at least 25 more that are still unanswered.

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

The Internet app I’m using says the distance is 19,307 NM not 5,800 Singapore to Anchorage.

The entire circumference of the globe is  21,638 miles, and Singapore to Anchorage is a whole lot less than circumnavigating the planet. 😉  

Edit: oops, sorry for duplicating what jpalbany already posted.

In any case, the point is that a ship can make it from Southeast Asia to Alaska or Seattle in about two weeks, give or take a few days. 

17 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

The entire circumference of the globe is  21,638 miles, and Singapore to Anchorage is a whole lot less than circumnavigating the planet. 😉  

Edit: oops, sorry for duplicating what jpalbany already posted.

In any case, the point is that a ship can make it from Southeast Asia to Alaska or Seattle in about two weeks, give or take a few days. 

Yes.  The website I used initially did the ridiculous and routed the Muse west through the Suez Canal and I didn’t catch that.   My bad as I explained elsewhere.   🥴

Interesting note by TLC about RC changing their Israeli-departure cruises.  I was scheduled on the Shadow this November from Rome to Jordan.  After the latest unrest (and much "input" from my mother), I switched this week to an only Mediterranean itinerary, Lisbon to Athens.  It's a B2B with only 1 duplicated port.  Hopefully I can do Jerusalem and Petra one day but for now, I'm just hoping I can GET ON A SHIP.

Missy in Maryland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

Yes.  The website I used initially did the ridiculous and routed the Muse west through the Suez Canal and I didn’t catch that.   My bad as I explained elsewhere.   🥴

Great that we have solved the "mystery" as to whether or not the Silver Muse can make it back to Alaska in time for a re-opening there.  In the summer of 2019, we super enjoyed our "adventure" there along that scenic coast sailing on this wonderful ship with its great crew, excellent food, etc.   

From Associated Press/AP and this TV station this morning, they had this headline: COVID testing’s value shrinks as vaccines beat back virus with these highlights: “Federal health officials’ new, more relaxed recommendations on masks have all but eclipsed another major change in guidance from the government: Fully vaccinated Americans can largely skip getting tested for the coronavirus.  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said last week that most people who have received the full course of shots and have no COVID-19 symptoms don’t need to be screened for the virus, even if exposed to someone infected.  The change represents a new phase in the epidemic after nearly a year in which testing was the primary weapon against the virus. Vaccines are now central to the response and have driven down hospitalizations and deaths dramatically.Experts say the CDC guidance reflects a new reality in which nearly half of Americans have received at least one shot and close to 40% are fully vaccinated.”

Have friends doing a Viking cruise around Bermuda in mid July who will need to spend about $500 at the end of their cruise for required "testing".  Is this really needed?  Special rules (and an added "profit center" in Bermuda)??  Lots of rules, changing requirements, questions, etc.??!!

This thread is now over 100,000 views.  Appreciate ALL who have dropped by, made comments, raised questions, shared important info, etc.  Keep it coming!!  The "good times" are getting ready to roll with the waves in June and July.  

Full AP testing story at:

https://www.wjhl.com/news/national/covid-testings-value-shrinks-as-vaccines-beat-back-virus/

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 253,490 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For those who question whether following cruise ship finances would be important . . . OR NOT?? . . . below is a story today that might be of interest.  It is about the parent company of long-term luxury brand, Crystal.  That firm tends to have "fans" who are very loyal.  BUT, what about now?  And, for the future?

From the respected financial source of Bloomberg News this morning, they had this headline: “Genting Hong Kong Assesses Ability to Continue as Going Concern” with these highlights: “Genting Hong Kong Ltd. said it is assessing whether it will have 'sufficient financial resources to continue as a going concern' after the pandemic nearly wiped out its cruise business.  The cruise ship operator reported a net loss of $1.7 billion and net operating cash outflow of $629 million for the year ended December, according to a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Sunday. Current liabilities exceeded assets by $3.3 billion and borrowings with principal of $3.4 billion were in default as of the end of 2020, it said.  The coronavirus epidemic has forced the company to temporarily suspend almost all of its cruise operations and stopped or deferred the construction of ships in its pipeline, according to the statement.  Further resumption of the cruise operations is dependent on the development of the Covid-19 pandemic, including the travel restriction requirement of different countries,' the company said in the statement.  The company said it may consider additional measures to improve its financial position including allotting new shares, raising liquidity through debt or equity sources, working with creditors to restructure debt, requests for debt holidays and the monetization of non-core assets.

As I re-call a few months back, Genting Hong Kong tried to float more stock and borrow cash from banks.  BUT, they were re-buffed as not that credit worthy at the time.  Now what for Crystal?  Fortunately, the "Big Three" of Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCLH have been able to sell more stock and raised added cash successfully.  Am posted this background here on this thread, too, as "cash flow" can be an important question and challenge as this upcoming re-opening will be gradual, slow and requiring "patience" by all involved.  Agree or disagree?

Full story at:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-23/genting-hong-kong-assesses-ability-to-continue-as-going-concern

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 241,916 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Thanks 1

From a major newspaper in the heart of Florida's tourism territory this morning, they had this headline: “While Florida waits, cruise lines line up Alaska sailings as early as July with expected CDC approval with these highlights: “Cruise lines have been rolling out the itineraries to try and squeeze in a few months of the traditional summer season of sailing Alaska, but still await final approval from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and one president’s signature.  The announcements include plans to sail with fully vaccinated passengers from Carnival Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Holland America and Princess Cruises.  Cruise lines needed two things for this to happen. First, the federal government had to bend the rules to allow foreign-registered vessels to sail from U.S. ports without having to also visit a foreign port. Most cruise lines are registered to other countries like Panama or the Bahamas.
President Joe Biden still needs to sign the Alaska Tourism Recovery Act, which waives that requirement, and would allow ships to sail out of places like Seattle and up to Alaska without having to make a stop in Canada. Canada has a cruise ship ban in place until February 2022.”

Here is more from their reporting: "The second thing that has to happen is for ships to get their Conditional Sailing Certificate from the CDC. Cruise lines have been under a conditional sail order that requires each ship to earn the certificate by ensuring COVID-19 safety precautions are in place. It also requires a test sailing with volunteer passengers to prove out those safety precautions, unless the line commits to having 98% of the crew and 95% of its passengers fully vaccinated.  While Florida’s ban on vaccine passports has posed a hurdle to the cruise industry beginning voyages from the Sunshine State, Alaska has no such limitation, so cruise lines have opted to get back to business using the vaccination requirement as a way to get their CDC approvals.  The delay has caused frustration among the cruise industry, with both federal legislation and states filing a lawsuit seeking to force the CDC’s hand into letting cruises begin again. The state of Florida’s lawsuit, though, has gone to mediation, and no action is expected until June."

Progress and moving forward, kind of, maybe?  Clearly, it is complicated and challenging as different locations have varied rules and requirements with the "science" changing and evolving??

Full story at:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-bz-cruise-lines-alaska-july-cdc-20210524-tkpjp25zcbh5bjz4go5lvmshma-story.html

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 233,366 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

If SS would have a Test Cruise I would be happy to try it😃

Am I assuming correctly that Lois expresses a desire for a "Test Cruise" that she really means a "FREE" sailing??  Not sure if and/or how soon such no-cost test cruises will be happening.  That is one of many "mystery meat" questions floating around.    

From USA Today this afternoon, they had this headline: Royal Caribbean crew members test positive for COVID-19, disembark in Spain as passengerless ship sails to US” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Odyssey of the Seas, disembarked several crew members who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Spain as the ship makes its way to the United States after canceling cruises in Israel amid unrest earlier this month.  The ship is carrying 1,400 crew members. There are no passengers on board.  'Earlier this week, four crew members were identified after a positive test; they were immediately quarantined,' Royal Caribbean said.  Another crew member had inconclusive test results. All five were asymptomatic.  'We are working with local health authorities to safely disembark these crew members and oversee any medical care they need,' the cruise line said and later confirmed that the crew members had indeed disembarked at the Port of Palma in Mallorca, Spain.”

Does this little "detail" raise any questions?  And, how does this "news" affect the speed for CDC to allow and open up cruises from U.S. ports?  Am I worrying too much over nothing?

Full story at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/05/24/royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-drops-off-covid-19-crew-spain/7414599002/

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 90,477 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Edited by TLCOhio

27 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Am I assuming correctly that Lois expresses a desire for a "Test Cruise" that she really means a "FREE" sailing??  Not sure if and/or soon such no-cost test cruises will be happening.  That one of many "mystery meat" questions floating around.    

From USA Today this afternoon, they had this headline: Royal Caribbean crew members test positive for COVID-19, disembark in Spain as passengerless ship sails to US” with these highlights: “Royal Caribbean's newest ship, Odyssey of the Seas, disembarked several crew members who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Spain as the ship makes its way to the United States after canceling cruises in Israel amid unrest earlier this month.  The ship is carrying 1,400 crew members. There are no passengers on board.  'Earlier this week, four crew members were identified after a positive test; they were immediately quarantined,' Royal Caribbean said.  Another crew member had inconclusive test results. All five were asymptomatic.  'We are working with local health authorities to safely disembark these crew members and oversee any medical care they need,' the cruise line said and later confirmed that the crew members had indeed disembarked at the Port of Palma in Mallorca, Spain.”

Does this little "detail" raise any questions?  And, how does this "news" affect the speed for CDC to open up cruises from U.S. ports?  Am I worrying too much over nothing?

Full story at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/05/24/royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-drops-off-covid-19-crew-spain/7414599002/

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 90,477 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

In response to your broader question about US ports..I think Florida ports are a no go for this Summer.  Too many protocols to iron out.  Our very good source at NCL said Fall at the earliest.  Alaska got the go ahead without stops in Canada,  Personally, for me & my husband, we will wait for any European cruises too.  Not worried about the virus at all, but the restrictions, mask mandates, & unforeseen complications in foreign countries at this time don’t appeal at all.  We have rebooked our Italy holiday for Summer 2022 and keeping an eye on SS cruises for the Fall. 

Edited by cece50

22 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Does this little "detail" raise any questions?

Were they unvaccinated  Sailing to the US, where they would get jabbed?  Compare a ship with 1400 crew members unvaccinated and a ship of 1400 vaxxed crew. We've got to the point where we the new advice is not to even test ( unless symptoms) if vaccinated.  Not concerend at all.  

If anyone wants to get smarter, go on Youtube and watch UCSF latest talk about the status of what is safe for vaxxed people.

You'll be the smartest person in the room.

• Like 3