Carnival Announces Additional Cancellations

Just announced this morning - all cruises canceled through July 31st.  Pretty sure the other Carnival brands  will probably follow suit later this week.

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

• All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
  • Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020

Where will these cruises go ?

How will they get crew back onboard?

How are passengers going to get to these ports?

So many questions and reasons why IMHO this won’t happen 

1 hour ago, wesport said:

They are starting sailings out of Miami, Galveston, and Port Canaveral August 1

1 hour ago, wesport said:

They are starting sailings out of Miami, Galveston, and Port Canaveral August 1

Yes, I just heard this on the news.  These are those very basic Carnival cruises that go to the Caribbean.  Who knows if any ports will accept them.  I expect  changes as time goes forward.  To answer a question above, many passengers will drive to these ports, which means they will be Americans who live within driving distance---lots of Texans, and Floridians to start.  Not cruises SB cruisers would be interested in--but I am predicting they will have takers--IF this actually happens.  Right now, Texas has not yet reached its daily peak of Covid-19 cases, and yet, the state is opening up, as per the governor's direction.  

Edited by SLSD

Why can’t we fly to the port?    We always fly as driving on I 95 is awful.   Right now we have reservations on Southwest to Tampa the end of June.  We also made reservations at a Residence Inn.   Don’t know why we couldn’t take a cruise if we were traveling in late July.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Why can’t we fly to the port?    We always fly as driving on I 95 is awful.   Right now we have reservations on Southwest to Tampa the end of June.  We also made reservations at a Residence Inn.   Don’t know why we couldn’t take a cruise if we were traveling in late July.

I'm sure no one will stop you.  

28 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Unfortunately, we received news this morning from our travel agent.   Seabourn will not be sailing through 10/31/2020.   He said to expect an Email from Seabourn today or tomorrow.    We are very disappointed but guess we are powerless.

Is this all Seabourn ships? No press release on their website yet.

Edited by norm2002

1 hour ago, norm2002 said:

Is this all Seabourn ships? No press release on their website yet.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Unfortunately, we received news this morning from our travel agent.   Seabourn will not be sailing through 10/31/2020.   He said to expect an Email from Seabourn today or tomorrow.    We are very disappointed but guess we are powerless.

Wow - this would be a pretty big shock.

2 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

Wow - this would be a pretty big shock.

It would - but it would also be being fair to their customers. I wouldn't feel safe cruising even in October and, if true, would mean that I wouldn't have cancel our cruise myself before final payment date and not be able to get a refund or 125% FCC. If it's true (and I still have considerable doubts) WELL DONE SEABOURN!

Totally agree - be upfront and bite the bullet. Well Done Seabourn

Seabourn is not Carnival and neither are her passengers or her sailings.

While it is a tough pill to swallow there is to much uncertainty in the world right now -

how will passengers get to ports - what ports if any will be open and accepting ships - and even if they do - what will be the state of the country one is trying to visit.

15 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Unfortunately, we received news this morning from our travel agent.   Seabourn will not be sailing through 10/31/2020.

Can anyone confirm this with something concrete, can’t find anything about it on Seabourn website or on google.

2 hours ago, Qld13 said:

Can anyone confirm this with something concrete, can’t find anything about it on Seabourn website or on google.

My TA in the UK is not aware of this. They have asked Seabourn but not yet received a response. I remain in some considerable doubt but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

This evening we received an email from Seabourn that our back-to-back-to-back cruises this fall have all been cancelled.  All on the Odyssey, through Europe and then on the Barbados.  I should not have been surprised, but i was, and now I am very sad.  We will have a discussion with our TA regarding what to do about FCC vs refund and our definite desire to sail with Seabourn someday when it is safe.  But seriously, I don't know when that will be.  Tonight I am sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

This evening we received an email from Seabourn that our back-to-back-to-back cruises this fall have all been cancelled.  All on the Odyssey, through Europe and then on the Barbados.  I should not have been surprised, but i was, and now I am very sad.  We will have a discussion with our TA regarding what to do about FCC vs refund and our definite desire to sail with Seabourn someday when it is safe.  But seriously, I don't know when that will be.  Tonight I am sad.

I am sad too.  Last evening we had a social distant cocktail hour in our front yard with a couple who are frequent cruisers.  The were lamenting that they were unsure if they would ever be able to cruise again.  Hearing them say that was very sobering.  I do hope there will be breakthroughs of an effective vaccine as well as curative treatments for this virus.  Looking back, I am now sad we only took one cruise a year and am envious of you who cruised more often.  At the same time, I am grateful for the travel we have done.  

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

I am sad too.  Last evening we had a social distance cocktail hour in our front yard with a couple who are frequent cruisers.  The were lamenting that they were unsure if they would ever be able to cruise again.  Hearing them say that was very sobering.  I do hope there will be breakthroughs of an effective vaccine as well as curative treatments for this virus.  Looking back, I am now sad we only took one cruise a year and am envious of you who cruised more often.  At the same time, I am grateful for the travel we have done.  

4 hours ago, tv24 said:

I am sad too.  Last evening we had a social distant cocktail hour in our front yard with a couple who are frequent cruisers.  The were lamenting that they were unsure if they would ever be able to cruise again.  Hearing them say that was very sobering.  I do hope there will be breakthroughs of an effective vaccine as well as curative treatments for this virus.  Looking back, I am now sad we only took one cruise a year and am envious of you who cruised more often.  At the same time, I am grateful for the travel we have done.