Wow, they really must not want my business

18 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

It is a DONE DEAL   you canceled your cruise and AGREED to the terms.    You had no reservation when new terms were offered.       

With your claim they don't want your "business",  is faulty-   you have a FCC to use.   

Gonna be a little difficult to use your FCC when the cruise line goes under now, don't ya think smarty pants?  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/business/norwegian-cruise-line/index.html

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

No it means you did not have a cruise booked that you could cancel.  You committed fraud.  I pray the powers that be catch up to you and deal with you to the fullest extent of the law.

The entire situation was fully disclosed, you pleb.  You couldn't be more wrong.  I pray that you find more hobbies.  Clueless

16 minutes ago, spartancruisers said:

The entire situation was fully disclosed, you pleb.  You couldn't be more wrong.  I pray that you find more hobbies.  Clueless

There is know way you are going to be able to keep that money from your credit card, you know. NCL had a policy in place, you accepted the FCC, your reservation was cancelled. End of story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

There is know way you are going to be able to keep that money from your credit card, you know. NCL had a policy in place, you accepted the FCC, your reservation was cancelled. End of story.

he still might be able to keep it since the cruise was canceled later by them. 

21 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

he still might be able to keep it since the cruise was canceled later by them. 

If you are not booked on a cruise when the cruise is cancelled, it becomes irrelevant when or if the cruise was cancelled.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

If you are not booked on a cruise when the cruise is cancelled, it becomes irrelevant when or if the cruise was cancelled.

i think it will depend on the bank/creditor .  For example Amex is great, they will pull the funds from the merchant asap, and then the merchant would have to prove you used the goods and services. 

2 hours ago, spartancruisers said:

The sad fact is you got stuck, as all these NCL shills are happy to point out (seemingly they're only hobby). NCL's made a lot of money playing hardball over the years, they aren't gonna change now. They will swat away anything you do to get the cash back. I think all you have now is acceptance. Book the best cruise you can without giving them another penny and make the most of it if it happens.

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i think it will depend on the bank/creditor .  For example Amex is great, they will pull the funds from the merchant asap, and then the merchant would have to prove you used the goods and services. 

But the OP agreed to being given a FCC and was given a FCC, that is the goods, the FCC. The transaction is over.

3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

NOTHING is owed.   They got the FCC.   

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

NOTHING is owed.   They got the FCC.   

but he hasnt used it, and i havent gotten the fcc owed to me, so in my case since they didnt give me what was owed is it ok to do a chargeback?

He's on their books with a FCC.  All NCL would have to do is give him the cash that the FCC is worth and in reality that's what they should do.

I swear the NCL cheerleaders would still stand behind NCL even if the company filed bankruptcy and negated al those FCC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

He's on their books with a FCC.  All NCL would have to do is give him the cash that the FCC is worth and in reality that's what they should do.

I swear the NCL cheerleaders would still stand behind NCL even if the company filed bankruptcy and negated al those FCC.

FACT-  the OP requested the cancellation of the  cruise.   The terms was ONLY FCC.   THEY accepted this and have gotten it.   They no longer have any reservation.      It doesn't take any "cheerleader", or genius-   to have the sense to figure out-   this transaction is a DONE DEAL.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

so how far back should they backdate the deal? a day? a month? 6 months? just curious so ALL the people can get in for this exception.... its a very very slippery slope

Personally I think everyone who has a FCC and wants a refund for the value of the FCC should be given it.  These are unusual times to say the least and exceptions to the rule should be made.  The company that makes the terms and conditions can also suspend or make exceptions to those terms and conditions.  I think the OP should be given a refund.  I wonder what those FCC's will be worth if NCLH declares bankruptcy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

Personally I think everyone who has a FCC and wants a refund for the value of the FCC should be given it.  These are unusual times to say the least and exceptions to the rule should be made.  The company that makes the terms and conditions can also suspend or make exceptions to those terms and conditions.  I think the OP should be given a refund.  I wonder what those FCC's will be worth if NCLH declares bankruptcy.

so if I have an FCC from a year ago, I should be able to get a refund of the money? You realize how devastating that will be to NCL which is already struggling? I agree exceptions can be made in certain situations but in this case, I think if you chose to get an FCC, you are helping NCL stay in business and hopefully after all is said and done, you will cruise again

People are saying that its good customer service to give all their money back but in doing so, they run the risk of going out of business, customer service is moot

Edited by hftmrock

8 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

The specter of bankruptcy has already been raised.  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-bz-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-sec-filing-concern-20200505-p5l5wcqz2je67bbbsnvxwcsqym-story.html 

I would hope if it came to bankruptcy all those FCC would be honored.

if 'everyone' is allowed to get their money even though they agreed to an FCC, NCL could be out of business so you either agree to the terms you accepted and hope NCL gets through this or force NCL to go bankrupt...

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Typical Karen story. "They must not want my business. I accepted their offer for future business. I do not want to do future business. Therefore, they don't want my business".

I never heard the term "Karen Story" so I learned something new today.  Yeah...a Karen story for sure.

I really feel bad for those who are suffering financial hardships, but this OP is just sour grapes....tried outsmart NCL but he couldn't.

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

The specter of bankruptcy has already been raised.  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-bz-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-sec-filing-concern-20200505-p5l5wcqz2je67bbbsnvxwcsqym-story.html 

I would hope if it came to bankruptcy all those FCC would be honored.

And that story is a day old.  Overnight NCL announced capital investment/borrowing of $2.2B, one thread indicated this would keep the company "afloat" for another year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I never heard the term "Karen Story" so I learned something new today.  Yeah...a Karen story for sure.

I really feel bad for those who are suffering financial hardships, but this OP is just sour grapes....tried outsmart NCL but he couldn't.

Seems he got the chargeback though.  so i guess he could. 

Just now, MsTabbyKats said:

Temporary chargeback.  My cc issues them as soon as you put in a dispute, before any of the facts.

thats true, but if he used a debit card , then they dont put the money back till they know for sure its justifiable dispute.