Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I called Celebrity and they said I can disregard the line on my booking confirmation that says a deposit of $900 is due May 22, 2020.  An exception was made because of my pending $900 FCC. They collected $236.74 for taxes, fees, and port expenses when I booked and I can call when I get my FCC (from a cruise I canceled) and that will be applied to satisfy the remaining  $663.26 of my deposit. Celebrity seems to be making it as easy as possible for us to book new cruises now rather than just canceling and taking a "wait and see" approach. I also used the Captain's Club loyalty savings promotion to save $500 on an existing Jan. 2022 booking on Apex. Got to keep the three perks I already had.  

Good to hear. I'm always happy to see Celebrity making things easier for customers.

Hello,  wondering if anyone who’s moved their cruise under the new CWC was in a GTY cabin? That’s what we booked and we had been assigned  our cabin, but when I look at comparable cruises for 2021 there are no GTY cabins, also our cruise when we booked came with airfares included, reading the T’s and C’s it doesn’t look like that perk is included, again has anyone any experience on this - thanks 

4 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Hello,  wondering if anyone who’s moved their cruise under the new CWC was in a GTY cabin? That’s what we booked and we had been assigned  our cabin, but when I look at comparable cruises for 2021 there are no GTY cabins, also our cruise when we booked came with airfares included, reading the T’s and C’s it doesn’t look like that perk is included, again has anyone any experience on this - thanks 

The airfare doesn’t get transferred over. I would check on the price for next year and see if it’s worth it. 

17 minutes ago, Highpeaklad said:

The airfare doesn’t get transferred over. I would check on the price for next year and see if it’s worth it. 

Thank you, the cruise next year is much more expensive albeit no GTY cabins showing so I’m comparing to the cabin we’ve been allocated, also Dubrovnik isn’t included which was one of our main reasons for choosing the cruise in the first place 😢😢

15 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Thank you, the cruise next year is much more expensive albeit no GTY cabins showing so I’m comparing to the cabin we’ve been allocated, also Dubrovnik isn’t included which was one of our main reasons for choosing the cruise in the first place 😢😢

have you looked at other cruises. I think it has to be the same number of days but can be on an M or S class ship (assuming your were on M to start with). I don’t think you need GTY to be available, just same level inside/outside/balcony etc. 

Edited by Highpeaklad
  • Like 1

I am now being told that I cannot change from an 11 day cruise to a 12 day cruise on an S-class ship. It is the proper dates, same departure port, same class cabin but 1 day longer. Is this true?

1 hour ago, morfred said:

I am now being told that I cannot change from an 11 day cruise to a 12 day cruise on an S-class ship. It is the proper dates, same departure port, same class cabin but 1 day longer. Is this true?

The website's FAQs provide answers to most of the questions being asked here, including the fact that the two sailing must be of "the same voyage length."

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The website's FAQs provide answers to most of the questions being asked here, including the fact that the two sailing must be of "the same voyage length."

Yes, I have read that but seems that other people had said that they were able to do that. Through the course of this this topic I was hoping that someone would let me know if it is possible.

1 minute ago, morfred said:

Yes, I have read that but seems that other people had said that they were able to do that. Through the course of this this topic I was hoping that someone would let me know if it is possible.

It’s certainly possible because it’s happened with others on here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morfred said:

I'm just telling you what Celebrity's published policy is. The only way that you will know how or if they will apply it for a particular booking is to call Celebrity or your TA to initiate the switch. Celebrity is well known for its inconsistency, so maybe they'll let you switch to a longer cruise. Or maybe they won't.

Well they changed my Ship from S class to Edge. That took away my itinerary. The closest that I can find is one day longer-and they tell me to find something else-there is nothing else.

I cannot match the itinerary, length of cruise or right ship class but they say "Cruise With Confidence". Thanks Celebrity

8 minutes ago, morfred said:

Well they changed my Ship from S class to Edge. That took away my itinerary. The closest that I can find is one day longer-and they tell me to find something else-there is nothing else.

I cannot match the itinerary, length of cruise or right ship class but they say "Cruise With Confidence". Thanks Celebrity

I'm not surprised, but I'm nevertheless sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.

18 minutes ago, morfred said:

How about March '21? 

It worked for me.

Just a heads up, if you recently moved a cruise with a non-refundable deposit under Lift and Shift, check your invoice.

We moved such a cruise a week ago (Nov. '20 to Nov. '21), booked through a TA. No problem. The invoice came through and looked perfect. Price stayed the same and all perks were there.

Fast forward to a week later, today, and while looking at my invoice in my TA account online, surprise! The total amount is now $200 more. The TA can see in his system that someone from Celebrity "touched" the booking about 5 days after the change and applied the Change Fee of $100 per person as it was a non-refundable deposit.

It got straightened out and Celebrity said they couldn't actually remove the fee but gave me a credit of the $200.

I'm sure I am not the only one that this happened to, so please check your invoice again a week or so after you make the change, especially if you have a non-refundable deposit. Better to get it fixed now than a year from now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

Just a heads up, if you recently moved a cruise with a non-refundable deposit under Lift and Shift, check your invoice.

We moved such a cruise a week ago (Nov. '20 to Nov. '21), booked through a TA. No problem. The invoice came through and looked perfect. Price stayed the same and all perks were there.

Fast forward to a week later, today, and while looking at my invoice in my TA account online, surprise! The total amount is now $200 more. The TA can see in his system that someone from Celebrity "touched" the booking about 5 days after the change and applied the Change Fee of $100 per person as it was a non-refundable deposit.

It got straightened out and Celebrity said they couldn't actually remove the fee but gave me a credit of the $200.

I'm sure I am not the only one that this happened to, so please check your invoice again a week or so after you make the change, especially if you have a non-refundable deposit. Better to get it fixed now than a year from now.

Wow that's interesting.  I moved my NRD to a totally new booking, direct with Celebrity.  No NRD movement charge and I have no TA in the middle so not sure how I would know if they did this if they didn't sent out a new invoice.  I guess my balance due would be different online.  Hmmm ... Will def keep an eye on that.

15 minutes ago, poffles said:

Wow that's interesting.  I moved my NRD to a totally new booking, direct with Celebrity.  No NRD movement charge and I have no TA in the middle so not sure how I would know if they did this if they didn't sent out a new invoice.  I guess my balance due would be different online.  Hmmm ... Will def keep an eye on that.

Yes, exactly.

I just noticed it from the Balance Due amount going up.

I managed today to get through to the UK call centre to try to change our Australia NZ cruise this November on Solstice to  November 2021. The only option given was to shift to October 21 to a NZ cruise from Sydney on the Eclipse. 

So change of ship, change of end port (20 was to end in Auckland) and substantially changed itinerary.

Happy with the outcome regardless and £1 each extra in port charges with all the perks confirmed. Still awaiting the e-mail but change shown on website.

We have cruises booked for May 2021 and January 2022, so lift and shift doesn’t work as the 2022/2023 itineraries aren’t yet out.

However, I did get a price drop on both, about $600/cabin on Apex for next May and $1700/cabin on Silhouette for January 2022! Plus of course a third perk of free wifi. So here’s a happy camper! 😉 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:55 PM, chickkypoo said:

Has anyone used the program to get a better price on a future cruise? We are pricing some Asian cruises for 2021, and similar cruises in 2020 are about $1300 less. What is stopping anyone from reserving a 2020 cruise and then moving it, just for the savings?

We were able to successfully do this. On Saturday we booked a 14 day Vietnam/Philippines cruise on the Millennium departing Singapore on December 6, 2020 and ending in Hong Kong. We moved it today to a 14 day Thailand/Vietnam cruise on the Solstice departing Singapore on December 5, 2021 and ending in Hong Kong. We saved over $1300.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:13 PM, Lolou127 said:

Yes, moved my April 2021 Asia cruise. Was originally purchased as a Guarantee and a good cabin had been allocated already.  Lifted and Shifted yesterday to April 2022 and they offered to switched me and kept the same cabin, as was available on the new sale date. Really happy with the switch.