Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

I assume new bookings are down (Captain Obvious) and assume this update is a way to try and get people to book, just in case cruising continues and offer protection if it doesn't. 

7 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Just read on the Royal Caribbean board, now on the Celebrity website https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/cruise-with-confidence

Same cruise same price new enhancement

I am interested in the "same cruise same price" feature.  The way I read it, though, it looks as if it only applies to sailings between now and the end of August, 2020.  I say this because you must make the change by August 1, 2020, and under the FAQ, it says:

"Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once."

Just curious if that is the way others read it, and if Celebrity will apply it that way, so that any sailing after August 29, 2020 is not eligible for the same cruise same price enhancement.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TFree said:

I am interested in the "same cruise same price" feature.  The way I read it, though, it looks as if it only applies to sailings between now and the end of August, 2020.  I say this because you must make the change by August 1, 2020, and under the FAQ, it says:

"Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once."

Just curious if that is the way others read it, and if Celebrity will apply it that way, so that any sailing after August 29, 2020 is not eligible for the same cruise same price enhancement.

Tom & Judy

It is recommended that you call to verify instead of us trying to speculate on its' real meaning and interpretation.

That way you can report back what has been said (correct or incorrect) about the process/procedures and how it will work vs how we think it will work.

That is if you have a FCC to trade in or up.

bon voyage

• Like 1

This is a little late for us. We cancelled a B2B about 3 weeks ago and took the refund. We checked the 2021 pricing at the time and it was more than 25% higher and had fewer perks. Not totally sure we would have booked it with this offer, but it would have made the choice harder. 

I think this this is a very good offer for X to make to cruisers that are on the fence about FCC or refunds. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

It is recommended that you call to verify instead of us trying to speculate on its' real meaning and interpretation.

That way you can report back what has been said (correct or incorrect) about the process/procedures and how it will work vs how we think it will work.

That is if you have a FCC to trade in or up.

bon voyage

I have a TA, and I am not going to bother them with what is essentially a hypothetical question in my case.  Presumably someone else will get real life experience with this and report back.  But I think we are talking apples and oranges here.  I don't think FCC is relevant to the "same cruise same price" feature, unless they are willing to apply it to someone who already took an FCC and now wants to apply this feature instead.  As I read it, the "same cruise same price" applies to cruises on the books now, between now and August 29, where people choose to move them to 2021.  

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

It’s a good offer and allows that move into 2021 cruises. I can see a good few people taking them up on it. If that moved on to February 2021 we would certainly consider moving it to the following year if things were not looking good given we got a good deal on our existing cruise.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

That's a pretty generous offer and what several people asked for. 

They way I read it is you have a 1 year with a 4 weeks worth of wiggle room, i.e. you booked for July 2,  2020 and have to rebook July 29, 2021 you would have a 4 week window around the 2021 date for a comparable cruise. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

Hmmmm......It does make you wonder if they are planning to cancel all cruises to the end of July like Carnival.  🤨

Do you actually think there will be cruises before that? 😉

Now that they just started taking staff to their home countries on numerous ships...

Royal Caribbean announced this morning the ability to do a "Lift & Shift" of currently booked cruises allowing you to push your already booked cruise out a year. There are some restrictions as far as dates go, but it seems like it is a good option for those who booked good rates and want to keep them. I can't find if this applies to Celebrity cruises as well, but if it does I may do this instead of cancelling for the full refund. Has anyone else seen this and what are your thoughts?

19 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That's a pretty generous offer and what several people asked for. 

They way I read it is you have a 1 year with a 4 weeks worth of wiggle room, i.e. you booked for July 2,  2020 and have to rebook July 29, 2021 you would have a 4 week window around the 2021 date for a comparable cruise. 

So, for example, if I had a February 14, 2021 cruise date, under your interpretation I could change it for the same price to the same cruise from mid-January to mid-March 2022 (so long as I make the change by August 1, 2020).  That is interesting, and not the way I originally read it.  Hopefully someone will check this out, and if I don't see anything I may eventually call my TA to check this out.  

Tom & Judy

17 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Do you actually think there will be cruises before that? 😉

Now that they just started taking staff to their home countries on numerous ships...

Nope.....I would just like something official.  I have a cruise at the end of August that is paid in full (unfortunately) so I am waiting on Celebrity to cancel it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

Nope.....I would just like something official.  I have a cruise at the end of August that is paid in full (unfortunately) so I am waiting on Celebrity to cancel it.  

we have one in September. I am in no rush... especially now that the CWC program is extended. If they cancel, fine. If not and the cruise should actually sail (which we highly doubt), we will cancel with the program.

We now have all the options. So we can easily be patient.

Edited by Miaminice

We had an 8 day cruise to Alaska booked for May this year that was canceled.  We booked a 7 day at the end of August which was just a bit higher than what we paid (not thrilled, but that's what we did).  We booked a 9 day for May to Alaska next year which is significantly more expensive than the 8 day.  Unfortunately, we cannot rebook the same cruise and it is a lose/lose either way with the pricing.  

15 minutes ago, TFree said:

So, for example, if I had a February 14, 2021 cruise date, under your interpretation I could change it for the same price to the same cruise from mid-January to mid-March 2022 (so long as I make the change by August 1, 2020)

That‘s the way we also understood it.

6 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

we have one in September. I am in no rush... especially now that the CWC program is extended. If they cancel, fine. If not and the cruise should actually sail (which we highly doubt), we will cancel with the program.

We now have all the options. So we can easily be patient.

I thought the CWC only included cruises until August 1 - both new and existing cruises.  Did I read the fine print correctly? 

7 minutes ago, drlucy12 said:

I thought the CWC only included cruises until August 1 - both new and existing cruises.  Did I read the fine print correctly? 

It’s the typical mix of information...

The fine print is kind of confusing and some links still lead to the old policy.

This is the press release: https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/97/royal-caribbean-group-extendsnbspcruise-with-confidencenbsppolicyrnthrough-april-2022/

Quote: To provide peace of mind in vacation planning, Royal Caribbean Group is extending its “Cruise with Confidence” cancellation policy to sailings through April 2022.

1 minute ago, Miaminice said:

It’s the typical mix of information...

The fine print is kind of confusing and some links still lead to the old policy.

This is the press release: https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/97/royal-caribbean-group-extendsnbspcruise-with-confidencenbsppolicyrnthrough-april-2022/

Quote: To provide peace of mind in vacation planning, Royal Caribbean Group is extending its “Cruise with Confidence” cancellation policy to sailings through April 2022.

Thanks so much for the information.  I will have to go back and read it again.  Very confusing 

30 minutes ago, TFree said:

So, for example, if I had a February 14, 2021 cruise date, under your interpretation I could change it for the same price to the same cruise from mid-January to mid-March 2022 (so long as I make the change by August 1, 2020).  That is interesting, and not the way I originally read it.  Hopefully someone will check this out, and if I don't see anything I may eventually call my TA to check this out.  

Tom & Judy

Right. Obviously your cruise date from 2021 to 2022 very likely won't be the exact same date, so you have a 4 week window. This will alleviate issues of certain categories not being available too since you have to book under the exact same criteria. 

Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date.

The cruise I canceled and got my FCC with was to Leave 18 May 2020 out of Dublin.  I cant find the same cruise next year at all. Also British Airways said to use my certificate I must start my flight before 13 May 2021.