Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

8 hours ago, uscgmom said:

I've gone back and forth with my TA about whether we can move our 2020 Transatlantic cruise aboard the Apex to 2021.  At first she told me I couldn't do it because we had booked with a non-refundable deposit.  After I called Celebrity myself and confirmed we could do it without any penalties, she is now telling me the whole cruise will be rebooked to a different number, we will have to pay another $900 nonrefundable deposit and our other deposit will be issued as a FCC.  If there's anyone who has successfully moved their cruise to the following year and can give me any truths to this matter, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Your TA is likely wrong. Our deposit was non refundable too. We switched to the same cruise with some different ports, same length and ship, and after a call yesterday my deposit I paid shows as being the deposit for the 2021 cruise. I booked direct with Celebrity. Maybe your TA is trying to protect their payment rather than Celebrity. Because what they are saying is wrong. 

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I want to lift and shift.  Currently on a unique itinerary, 11 nights, Amsterdam to Rome.  Want to move it to 2021.  But Celebrity changed the itinerary from this year’s 11 night to a 12 night itinerary for 2021,  so they are saying I can’t lift and shift.  Same ship, same begin and end points, same itinerary but because they added a night to the itinerary they are saying no lift and shift.

Right now they are trying to offer me instead a completely different 9 night itinerary r/t Southampton, different ship, all different ports.  Like I would  be willing to get fewer nights for the same money??? 

anybody have any ideas?  I’d be willing to pay for the one extra night, some sort of prorated costs, has anyone ever tried that?  Right now my TA is on the phone trying to negotiate that.....

any other ideas?

I'm pretty sure Celebrity was willing to shift our 10 day Caribbean Cruise on Reflection in December 2020 to the 12 day Equinox cruise in 2021 because the only ship sailing 10 days in 2021 was Edge and the price difference was too much.  I would have the TA push to Resolutions, and if necessary Revenue, to get it fixed. Our CVP's supervisor went all the way to the head of Revenue for us but I understood why it would not happen.  We ended up moving to a totally different cruise.

Good luck.

Question for those who have successfully shifted their cruise:

If you had Celebrity excursions booked on the original cruise when did you cancel those?  Did you do that before making the cruise change or was that part of the "shift" process?  Has anyone been able to also move the excursions -- at they paid price?  I caught a great sale on Cyber Monday and would love to maintain the savings on excursions if possible (although unlikely.) Thanks for any info.

Hi everyone, well I’ve been a busy bee the last couple of days! I decided to see about the lift and shift for my b2b in September this year, I contacted my agent and she moved them to September next year same perks and actually $100 less to pay next June! It was the same ship and same duration and almost the same itinerary. So I’m happy I would of been making final payment next month. I had the first part of my June B2B cancelled by Celebrity and I’m waiting for a refund, the second  cruise I expect them to cancel any day! So I decided to get in touch with the agent I booked these and nearly all my cruises with to see if I could do the lift and shift with the 12th June cruise on Connie to one on the 14th next year, cruise length was the same but the itinerary was east med instead of west as was booked. Delighted to say no problem! Dianne

9 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Question for those who have successfully shifted their cruise:

If you had Celebrity excursions booked on the original cruise when did you cancel those?  Did you do that before making the cruise change or was that part of the "shift" process?  Has anyone been able to also move the excursions -- at they paid price?  I caught a great sale on Cyber Monday and would love to maintain the savings on excursions if possible (although unlikely.) Thanks for any info.

I didn't cancel any of them. About an hour after the cruise was shifted I received all the cancellation notices and amounts that would be refunded. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, Pushka said:

2021 booking still hasnt been corrected to the 2020 pricing. Hope this isnt an issue I need to deal with later.

I am the same, nothing updated even today.  Mine was a call directly to Celebrity as no TA in the mix.  Was told to expect an email (within 3 days) with the new reservation detail with proper repricing/perks shifting reflected.  Today I think would be the actual third day so hopefully it is still in the pipe and will be updated soon.

Has anyone that did the Lift/Shift direct through Celebrity actually seen the repricing online with proper shifted perks on the new cruise AND received the an email with the reservation detail?  The cruise booking (ie date and such) shows the new sailing but the 'shifting' of the pricing and such hasn't caught up yet.

Edited by poffles

1 hour ago, poffles said:

I am the same, nothing updated even today.  Mine was a call directly to Celebrity as no TA in the mix.  Was told to expect an email (within 3 days) with the new reservation detail with proper repricing/perks shifting reflected.  Today I think would be the actual third day so hopefully it is still in the pipe and will be updated soon.

Has anyone that did the Lift/Shift direct through Celebrity actually seen the repricing online with proper shifted perks on the new cruise AND received the an email with the reservation detail?  The cruise booking (ie date and such) shows the new sailing but the 'shifting' of the pricing and such hasn't caught up yet.

I had exactly the same experience as you did.  I called on Friday 5/8 to do the lift & shift and was told to expect the new invoice to be received in 3 days.  On Saturday 5/9 the 2021 cruise was shown when I signed in, but the price had not been changed  to reflect the 2020 price.  I called Celebrity yesterday and after being on the phone for 2 hours and 10 minutes, I now have the proper pricing shown and a new invoice.  I booked directly with Celebrity.  I hope you’re successful in getting your new cruise repriced.  

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 1

Just got mine today!  Shifted last Thursday and got the price match confirmation today.  Have another party that has shifted as well but the pricing hasn't been matched yet. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poffles said:

I ended up calling them. Took over half an hour but all fixed and I now have the email,  

8 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I ended up calling them. Took over half an hour but all fixed and I now have the email,  

Thanks ... I will see what happens by tomorrow and if I don't hear anything I will end up doing the same. I think ones that phoned early got put in a pile on someone's inbox and ones calling since are getting actioned/approved right away so the pile would be as they get to it .. my thoughts anyway.  I do trust it will happen so don't want to bother them with a call if I can avoid.

37 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thanks ... I will see what happens by tomorrow and if I don't hear anything I will end up doing the same. I think ones that phoned early got put in a pile on someone's inbox and ones calling since are getting actioned/approved right away so the pile would be as they get to it .. my thoughts anyway.  I do trust it will happen so don't want to bother them with a call if I can avoid.

It sounds very possible that’s what happened.  I hope yours gets fixed without a call.  If you do need to call, I suggest calling early morning or late at night when (maybe) the call center isn’t so busy.  It took me over 2 hours on the phone, but I felt so much better when it was fixed.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 7:57 PM, nwcruiselover said:

It sounds very possible that’s what happened.  I hope yours gets fixed without a call.  If you do need to call, I suggest calling early morning or late at night when (maybe) the call center isn’t so busy.  It took me over 2 hours on the phone, but I felt so much better when it was fixed.

Got my new reservation email this morning (called on Friday) and everything 'shifted' just as advertised and as the agent promised on the phone.  All perks protected, OBC for booking on board, OBC for NRD, Beverage Package, and total price now back to the same as it was for 2021 booking and it shows my deposit coming off.

Very pleased and well done Celebrity!!!!

I just cancelled an 11-night cruise on Reflection for Jan. 2021 to the ABC islands and Cartagena and booked a 9-night cruise on Equinox to the ABC islands (no Cartagena, alas) for November 2021.  Both cruises also visit Grand Cayman. I did not use Lift and Shift because (1) the original 11-night itinerary is not offered in 2022 on a Solstice or Millennium class ship.  However, the new cruise is less expensive on a per person per day basis than the original one ($186 pppd vs $212 pppd for C2) and I got the same three perks I had on the earlier sailing. Also, the earlier cruise was NRD, and the new cruise is RD.  With the new policies, I am getting back the $900 NRD as a future cruise credit (within 45 days, they said) and I did not have to forfeit the $100 per person change fee for the NRD because of the new policies.  The only thing I'm not sure of is Celebrity said they only had to collect port taxes from me now, and then they would apply the FCC to the new sailing when I receive that. However, my booking confirmation says a $900 deposit is due by May 22, which is a week from today.  The vacation planner at Celebrity explicitly said I can just call them when I receive the FCC and the'll apply it to the new booking, and didn't mention anything about this $900 deposit due date in a week.  Do you think I need to call back to check on this?   

Edited by MarkWiltonM

48 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I just cancelled an 11-night cruise on Reflection for Jan. 2021 to the ABC islands and Cartagena and booked a 9-night cruise on Equinox to the ABC islands (no Cartagena, alas) for November 2021.  Both cruises also visit Grand Cayman. I did not use Lift and Shift because (1) the original 11-night itinerary is not offered in 2022 on a Solstice or Millennium class ship.  However, the new cruise is less expensive on a per person per day basis than the original one ($186 pppd vs $212 pppd for C2) and I got the same three perks I had on the earlier sailing. Also, the earlier cruise was NRD, and the new cruise is RD.  With the new policies, I am getting back the $900 NRD as a future cruise credit (within 45 days, they said) and I did not have to forfeit the $100 per person change fee for the NRD because of the new policies.  The only thing I'm not sure of is Celebrity said they only had to collect port taxes from me now, and then they would apply the FCC to the new sailing when I receive that. However, my booking confirmation says a $900 deposit is due by May 22, which is a week from today.  The vacation planner at Celebrity explicitly said I can just call them when I receive the FCC and the'll apply it to the new booking, and didn't mention anything about this $900 deposit due date in a week.  Do you think I need to call back to check on this?   

My understanding is that deposits can never be paid using FCCs. 

Has anyone successfully transferred a past  cancelled booking using the new program? 

We were scheduled in March 2020 so our cruise was obviously cancelled. The 125% has already been issued. At first the TA said we were eligible to forfeit the 125% FCC and move that booking to March 2021. Now I have a separate email saying that move is not possible. 

The FAQ’s say: 

If I have a Future Cruise Credit of 125% issued from a suspended sailing, can reschedule the same cruise at the same price with the same promo for the next year?

Yes, but you will forfeit 25% of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

Anyone had any luck? 

12 hours ago, poffles said:

Got my new reservation email this morning (called on Friday) and everything 'shifted' just as advertised and as the agent promised on the phone.  All perks protected, OBC for booking on board, OBC for NRD, Beverage Package, and total price now back to the same as it was for 2021 booking and it shows my deposit coming off.

Very pleased and well done Celebrity!!!!

Thank you for this information. Based on your post, I am not worried about our switch I did an hour ago and the agent saying it could take two weeks to receive an updated reservation. I did try to do fake bookings and see our old cabin available and our new cabin not available, so I trust all will be sorted in time. We also booked directly with Celebrity. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ChiSloop said:

Thank you for this information. Based on your post, I am not worried about our switch I did an hour ago and the agent saying it could take two weeks to receive an updated reservation. I did try to do fake bookings and see our old cabin available and our new cabin not available, so I trust all will be sorted in time. We also booked directly with Celebrity. 

You should also see the new booking online already, mine showed there right away and it was just the shifting of the perks and cost that was WIP.

You should also see the new booking online already, mine showed there right away and it was just the shifting of the perks and cost that was WIP.

Yes. That was my experience also. The perks and pricing etc appeared days later but I did end up calling them anyway. 

On 5/12/2020 at 12:07 PM, uscgmom said:

Thank you.  It's definitely been a struggle getting this moved.

I'm so sorry.  Don't give up.  In fact, can you call Celebrity and ask if you can move the reservation and have the new one pulled from the current agent?  There is no reason you need to deal with an agent who isn't actually working with you.  

4 hours ago, poffles said:

Yes, you are correct. The new booking is there and the costs, perks still need to be sorted. Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

My understanding is that deposits can never be paid using FCCs. 

I called Celebrity and they said I can disregard the line on my booking confirmation that says a deposit of $900 is due May 22, 2020.  An exception was made because of my pending $900 FCC. They collected $236.74 for taxes, fees, and port expenses when I booked and I can call when I get my FCC (from a cruise I canceled) and that will be applied to satisfy the remaining  $663.26 of my deposit. Celebrity seems to be making it as easy as possible for us to book new cruises now rather than just canceling and taking a "wait and see" approach. I also used the Captain's Club loyalty savings promotion to save $500 on an existing Jan. 2022 booking on Apex. Got to keep the three perks I already had.  

Has anyone used the program to get a better price on a future cruise? We are pricing some Asian cruises for 2021, and similar cruises in 2020 are about $1300 less. What is stopping anyone from reserving a 2020 cruise and then moving it, just for the savings?