Does Carnival cruise   have capacity control for sails in August if  it sets sail again  August.

chaosway

I booked the 8 days  cruise for august 29, 2020 awhile ago.

Yesterday I can still see booking still available.

Today no  new booking seen for Aug 29 on Carnival Magic on Carnival website.

Edited by chaosway

We are all relying on hearsay (someone said that their PVP or TA said).  If there are capacity restraints (which would make sense to me), then your sailing has probably been deemed to be "sold out."

• Like 1

Some news sources also said carnival said capacity controlled. We just dont know at what capacity.

I was watching the mobile partial panama in sept and today the site says sold out. 

Only the beards know what exactly it means.

It looks like it should be capacity controlled. 

Yesterday there are still  rooms for different categories available and even early saver rate is still in effect.

Suddenly today they are  all gone. 

Edited by chaosway

We booked this cruise over a year ago using our FCC we got from hurricane Dorian. We still owe a portion and waiting on final payment date to decide if we will still go.  I booked a guaranteed balcony and our room is still TBA.  There could be a lot liked us waiting on rooms to be assigned 

im not sure how they will sail at reduced capacity and how they choose who stays and who goes. 

13 hours ago, Bases5 said:

We booked this cruise over a year ago using our FCC we got from hurricane Dorian. We still owe a portion and waiting on final payment date to decide if we will still go.  I booked a guaranteed balcony and our room is still TBA.  There could be a lot liked us waiting on rooms to be assigned 

im not sure how they will sail at reduced capacity and how they choose who stays and who goes. 

If you book a room to be assigned , I guess you can only know your cabin # a few days  ahead before your sailing date.

I told Carnival that I would even "sacrifice" myself to go out on a "Test Cruise"

and sign whatever they wanted my to sign

Carnival if you are listening - I can be in Galveston in a few hours - (p.s. I would like a Havana balcony)

Edited by LuckyTheRooster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i dont know about 6 day or more cruises in aug.  my guess is if everything goes well on the short trips 3-5 days cruises , they will slowly expand to the longer ones after aug.  

we are scheduled to cruise on Magic Aug. 29 which is 8 days.  It’s one of the few that is not canceled yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

we are scheduled to cruise on Magic Aug. 29 which is 8 days.  It’s one of the few that is not canceled yet. 

It may make the cut. Lets see in august . ppl dont realize we are talking 3 months here. Hopefully the covid dies down in 2 months. 

Edited by seaman11

27 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

It may make the cut. Lets see in august . ppl dont realize we are talking 3 months here. Hopefully the covid dies down in 2 months. 

“The covid” is not going to die down in 2 months. Unfortunately with more and more states opening back up, we are only going to see an increase in cases. It’s not going to “die down” until either we go back to sheltering in place (and do a better job with it) or a vaccine is released to the general public. 

• Like 1

It'll be 100 degrees & 120% humidity in Galveston port in August.  Make people stand in line outside in the hot sun for an hour before boarding, they'll be thousands of cases of heat exhaustion, but zero cases the "The Covid..."

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:46 PM, chaosway said:

It looks like it should be capacity controlled. 

Yesterday there are still  rooms for different categories available and even early saver rate is still in effect.

Suddenly today they are  all gone. 

Are we really all sure there are capacity controls in place

Every time I’ve received an email from the cruise companies telling me all the safety measure they put in place like sanitization and temperature screening, it never says anything about controlling the number of passengers on board for each sailing.

This makes me nervous that their plan is to sail with as many passengers as possible and you’ll never know until you board.

Is this a risk you’re willing to take ?  Or do we expect more commitment and transparency from the cruise lines to define what controlled capacity means up front

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 4:50 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Are we really all sure there are capacity controls in place

Every time I’ve received an email from the cruise companies telling me all the safety measure they put in place like sanitization and temperature screening, it never says anything about controlling the number of passengers on board for each sailing.

This makes me nervous that their plan is to sail with as many passengers as possible and you’ll never know until you board.

Is this a risk you’re willing to take ?  Or do we expect more commitment and transparency from the cruise lines to define what controlled capacity means up front

What makes us think they are controlling capacity is there are plenty of empty cabins, then poof, its shut down from being allowed to be booked .... .when we know there are empty cabins. Sure also drives up those low prices we were seeing.

And yes, many many things have been posted that carnival has said capacity controlled even if you personally didnt get a email 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What makes us think they are controlling capacity is there are plenty of empty cabins, then poof, its shut down from being allowed to be booked .... .when we know there are empty cabins. Sure also drives up those low prices we were seeing.

And yes, many many things have been posted that carnival has said capacity controlled even if you personally didnt get a email 

It's a damn shame that Carnival cannot just come out and state what they mean by " capacity controlled ".  It sure would eliminate all of the rampant speculation that have plagued us for the past 4 months.

For a company that claims to have a 'transparent' philosopy, they sure are opaque. Just venting. That's all...

...we now return you to your regular scheduled programming. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

It's a damn shame that Carnival cannot just come out and state what they mean by " capacity controlled ".  It sure would eliminate all of the rampant speculation that have plagued us for the past 4 months.

For a company that claims to have a 'transparent' philosopy, they sure are opaque. Just venting. That's all...

...we now return you to your regular scheduled programming. 

Well I just now looked at the mobile sailing that just reopened and found many many unbooked cabins.

There is also a site I cant remember that will tell you how many unbooked cabins there are. 

Lots of things to worry about, not just capacity imo if you are booking in the next year. 

Ps what is also upsetting for some is for instance someone wanted to upgrade and can see many unbooked cabins. Once carnival shuts down the booking you arent even allowed to change cabins. Usually you can judge by how many unbooked cabins, but with this capacity controlled stuff you cant predict, the bookings just suddenly get shut down and nope they dont tell us at what percent so we cant guess when we have to book by and watch for price drops. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

I recently talked to my PVP and I asked about capacity controls and he said more than likely ships will be sailing less than capacity but not necessarily for social distancing, it's because Carnival has sent most all of it's crew/staff home. Even though August/September is along way off Carnival doesn't seem to think they can have everyone back. The number of passengers will be in relation to the number of crew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CheersPkg4Us said:

I recently talked to my PVP and I asked about capacity controls and he said more than likely ships will be sailing less than capacity but not necessarily for social distancing, it's because Carnival has sent most all of it's crew/staff home. Even though August/September is along way off Carnival doesn't seem to think they can have everyone back. The number of passengers will be in relation to the number of crew. 

Well, I hope one of the crew members brought back is an Alchemy Mixologist.🍹👍😎

• Like 2