Lift & Shif, Rebook the same voyage - Does it Work?

doubled

On 6/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, Azamara Team said:

We have reached out to @ochealaaf privately to help resolve their questions. [...]

On 6/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, ochealaaf said:

By which means did you try to reach me? [...]

On 6/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, Azamara Team said:

Please email webhelp@azamara.com [...]

....this discussion shows in a nutshell the service and the inconsitencies we are experiencing. To calm down the discussion (thank you all!) - AZ states that they are in a discussion to solve the problem. BUT THEY DID NOT EVEN REACH OUT TO ME - and subsequently do not bother solving my problems.

And then, after asking about this, they don´t say sorry or at least they reach out to me at last - no - please contact us. This is unacceptable.

We are tired. We are not in a position to discuss the term "to reach out" and we are not in the position to discuss the term "nonrefundable flights" (our excellent TA did this three times). We have applied for the refund - and we will look next year for another cruise with a lovely crew on small ships (cf. my avatar - Journey in Bodrum). Yes it can still be AZ - the crew is not responsible for the staff in the headquarters. But it could also be Oceania, Seabourn ….  

Edited by ochealaaf
  • Like 2

I must admit I was very angry when I read a claim your problem was solved only to discover it was not.  

I totally get your sentiment, onboard staff deserve a better back office 

In the meantime, these boards deserve better answers to genuine questions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

A little less "reaching out" (I truly dislike that corporate speak) and a bit more just sorting out would really help. 

Phil 

Or as Elvis said, "A little less conversation, a little more action please"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Or as Elvis said, "A little less conversation, a little more action please"

I agree with the overall sentiment but any less would be how much? 

• Like 1

With last weeks extended cancellation accouncements we're feeling a bit dismayed at our attempts to lift and shift our September 10 cruise to one next year at the same time.  I appreciate similar itineries didn't really match the lift and shift conditions but our friends from the UK who we were to travel with were offered a different itinerary (in September 2021) and can and have been able to lift and shift successfully.

As regular Azamara customers (25 cruises in 8 years) it has left a sour taste in our mouths , this information has come from our trusted TA and not directly from Azamara.  We were all planning to sail together in September 2020 and though that was going to be achievable to lift and shift to Septmber 2021 like they have.  So disappointed that the Australian and UK markets differ greatly. Now we've joined the lengthy refund line and it certainly puts a shaddow over our future bookings with Azamara, one of which is a grand voyage in early 2022.

Disappointed to say the least.

To clarify both I and the TA were on hold for the cruise line. Same thing occurred on an Azamara and Celebrity cruise where we did lifts and shifts out 1 year. It seems RCL brands have an inadequate service force to handle all the changes. Both of these were done in April while everyone was working from home which might have contributed to the time issues. 

• 4 weeks later...