Norwegian Fjords may soon allow fewer cruise ships.

Quo Vadis?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 1:56 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Well, I'd say the chances of the major cruiselines spending money to build those ships would be zero.  Glad I've already done that cruise.

Iona and AidaNova are already such ships.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, TeeRick said:

The resolution says 2026.  So we have time to cruise there if cruising is ever allowed again.  We are scheduled to go to the N Fjords in Aug 2021.  Never been there.

Went to Fjords in 2017 and was booked for this month. Your booking is the only one that includes Flam which was the highlight for us. Pick of the trips is the train ride. Looking to also book next year but pricing at the moment is crazy.

6 hours ago, spendless said:

Went to Fjords in 2017 and was booked for this month. Your booking is the only one that includes Flam which was the highlight for us. Pick of the trips is the train ride. Looking to also book next year but pricing at the moment is crazy.

Thank you.  My dw loves train rides!

16 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Thank you.  My dw loves train rides!

Flåm is spectacular and the train ride good fun. Also, if you like to walk then just head off the ship and go the other direction to everyone else (as they head to the shops and train station) and you'll walk up to the most amazing scenery and the place is empty. 😎

Phil 

42CCB6A8-8D29-4F55-BBA2-64D0E3E2527E.jpeg

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, TeeRick said:

The resolution says 2026.  So we have time to cruise there if cruising is ever allowed again.  We are scheduled to go to the N Fjords in Aug 2021.  Never been there.

Well worth doing, we loved it. Flam railway is fantastic but the best part of the trip for us was getting up (very) early as the ship entered the Fjord and sitting wrapped up on the balcony with coffee and pastries watching the scenery go by, quite magical.

As the sun didn’t set until late (we went April/May) Tuscan was also a fantastic place to dine early evening...We didn’t have one this trip but I would think an aft cabin or suite would be fantastic.

17 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Shame we had the Flam Railway up & cycle down booked. Planned the Tuscan on departure too😢

REMINDS me to chase Flam railway for a refund. They never responded to my cancellation email  

Just see it waiting for you next year....Another year of anticipation is how we are trying to console ourselves for our missed cruise!

In the meantime search You Tube ‘Celebrity Eclipse Norwegian Fjords and Ireland’, on our cruise someone had arranged permits etc to fly his drone...some fantastic sites. Brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.

34 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We did Norway on Royal Caribbean because Celebrity didn't have a cruise to the North Cape.  It was a great cruise and we saw the great ports in the south of Norway as well as the north.  

We did HAL's 14-day Voyage of the Midnight Sun last year for the same reason. Wonderful cruise, and well worth the extra sea days to visit the North Cape.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 9:42 AM, TeeRick said:

You will take more pictures there than any previous cruise... Spectacular.  makes me wonder why the Vikings ever ventured out...

Century in Flam.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

You will take more pictures there than any previous cruise... Spectacular.  makes me wonder why the Vikings ever ventured out...

The ports themselves justify a greater number of photos, but with the many hours cruising the spectacular fjords as opposed to open sea, the numbers go up even more. Add to that 24 hours of sun if you travel further north, and photography becomes a day- and night-long opportunity.

Midfjorden:

1256823476_DSC_0973(1).thumb.jpeg.2526ee17813fb294e1b51a796146ae1e.jpeg

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1