Room service breakfast ?

monakayk

17 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'd probably get in trouble for ordering room service. My wife sleeps in longer than I do and it'd wake her up when they came. 🤫 I wonder how many times I could get away with it in a single cruise before getting yelled at. 😬

Just my experience...and I don't know how early you get up...The earlier you ask for delivery the closer they are to being on time.  For example, if you ask for 0800 delivery it will come anytime between 0800 and 0830.  If you ask for 0600 they will be at your door at 0600 on the dot.  So I am already waiting for them, quick exchange at the doorway, wife never hears them.

Oh...I came back to edit this....I always have the sideways facing room with the long balcony, and there is a short hallway that leads to the door, so the exchange probably isn't as noticeable.  Might be different in a standard shaped room.

Edited by Chief93
Correction
  • Like 1

Never had a problem with breakfast room service- always on time. We use it as our wakeup call. We order a pot of coffee and some croissants to tide us over during morning showers and getting dressed for the day.  Then to the brunch or dining room for a real breakfast. When we were on RCL it was always very early or very late and we finally stopped ordering for the mornings.  

On 5/15/2020 at 3:30 PM, seaman11 said:

yes i know, but we shouldn't pay for it.  maybe one $5 fee. 

Well, then you are going to be in for a disappointment if you cruise anywhere. Included room service is going away.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, monakayk said:

Is there a FREE  hot English muffin/egg sandwich on the  Room service breakfast menu? Can you order a BLT sandwich for breakfast ?

Thanks in advance .

Yes and yes. The egg muffin sandwich will cost $3.00. And the BLT is no charge from 6:00 am to 9:59pm

BTW....we haven't put the breakfast order hangar out in quite a while.  I find it easier to just call room service when I wake up. Usually there in 10 to 15 minutes.  We don't always know when we will get up, so not having a set delivery time works better for us.     

On 5/16/2020 at 11:36 AM, fyree39 said:

We haven't ordered room service in ages. Even with the tiny selection of free stuff, DH and I just agreed we're going to enjoy a continental breakfast on the balcony on our next cruise.

When I was in high school we took a class trip to England. I remember well the croissants and marmalade with tea that we had delivered to our room every morning. Heaven!

That is about exactly what I order from room service in the mornings. So lovely to relax and enjoy on the balcony. Either that or a toasted bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam. 

On 5/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Here's the menu if you're interested.

uc?export=download&id=1r6dwpjblrxhLXzalr9pkLc1D5BiwUDqG

uc?export=download&id=1F6mmhkunti7eEr287gyrdW9SdKOeXEhk

That sucks for Alaska when the best thing is eating big breakfast while watching icebergs. Is this only carnival or Princess also?

On 5/14/2020 at 2:23 PM, scpirate said:

You have to switch Cruise lines and buy into the high end cabin experience for the " all inclusive almost" experience.

Celebrity no extra charge

1 hour ago, Rmyoung said:

That sucks for Alaska when the best thing is eating big breakfast while watching icebergs. Is this only carnival or Princess also?

That menu comes from Carnival. I don't know what Princess has. That's their continental breakfast menu, but you can also order room service starting at 6am. But the room service menu is separate from that breakfast one. It doesn't have the typical breakfast foods. I don't know if you can request breakfast foods (like eggs, for example) with room service or not, we don't use it. Someone else will have to answer that.