Cruise reviews...i miss reading all of them

sprint180

Cruising really needs to start up again.  I am going back and finding old reviews and re-reading them.  I have no problem living vicariously through all of you.  But, I want some new ones!   I want to spend countless hours searching the internet for things to do on my next cruise.    And, I would really like Jamman54 to go on another cruise too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Cruising really needs to start up again.  I am going back and finding old reviews and re-reading them.  I have no problem living vicariously through all of you.  But, I want some new ones!   I want to spend countless hours searching the internet for things to do on my next cruise.    And, I would really like Jamman54 to go on another cruise too.

4 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

I'd like to go with him too.

We want to go too! 😀 Next one booked isn't until next April,  but we'll pull the trigger on a September or October  cruise IF they happen. There are plenty of reviews out there to hold us over for now. Stay safe everyone! 😎

• Like 5

On 5/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

The reviews will return.  And boy are they going to be in high demand. I can't see myself booking a cruise until I've read some of those initial reviews.  

It should be interesting to say the least.  I have learned to take reviews with a grain of salt.  Some will say a certain ship is the best one afloat while others will say it's the worst one.  

We have a cruise booked for February.  I was recently reading the reviews of the excursions.  Some said a certain one was well worth the money while others said it was a waste of money.  

I remember prior to one of our cruises, I read a review that said that there was rust all over the ship.  Had I not read that, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.  I actually looked for it and I know I never would have had I not read that review.

IF our cruise does happen, I guess I'm going to be better off going in to it without knowing what others have experienced, then come back and read what others have experienced.  What I don't know, won't hurt me so to speak.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I also miss the cruise reviews.  Even the negative reviews are more positive than the doom and gloom posts we are reading now!

Eh, to me, the negative reviews are just as bad.

But yes, I do miss some of the positive reviews. It's great to see people experiencing the ship, the port, food, drinks, entertainment, etc. Having a great time. It puts you there. Helps you remember the good times. Gets you excited for what is to come. All of the complaining is all the same to me.

I miss reading reviews and writing them! I came face to face with my own mortality last July, and was really looking forward to cruising this coming fall to celebrate my nearly complete recovery. As of now, we will not be cruising until April 2021. That will mark 2.5 years between cruises, the longest we've ever gone since we started cruising in 2014.

Edited by watermelonqueen99
  • Like 2