Big price hike

well  if the price was 3263 when you booked, thats the price you should be paying. i booked a 2 bedroom suite on 12/11//2020 sailing on the awn. the price was $6400 per then went down to $5100 per so they gave me the reduced price

31 minutes ago, tupperstamper said:

We currently have a deposit down on a cruise for May 2021. We put down the deposit on May 1 for an MA cabin. The price was 3263.20 per person. Today that same cabin is $5799!  That's crazy.

The cruise lines use computer models that take into account the number of cabins left to be sold and the time until sailing to adjust prices up or down as well as historical trends.Given all the people cancelling upcoming cruises and re booking for next year using FCC's it has skewered these models in a weird way making it look like demand is surging above normal and that is causing the price hikes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Anyone booking just about anything new on NCL right now for 2021 is getting ripped off big time whether they realize it or not .....

Anyone booking just about anything new on NCL right now period is absolutely insane or pitiably ignorant. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, blcruising said:

...that offer of a bonus future cruise credit isn't looking like too much of bonus, either.

Nope, I said this months ago when this all stared and I said they would raise prices to negate or wash those bonus credits of 125% .... A few posters said I was crazy and they would lower prices substantially due to Corona .... one of us was right .....

• Like 5

19 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

Anyone booking just about anything new on NCL right now period is absolutely insane or pitiably ignorant. 

Just curious because I value your opinion so highly do you think I am absolutely insane or pitiably ignorant. I booked a 17 night cruise on the Encore today for October 28,2021. No money out of pocket because I used FCC and Cruise Next certificates and I can cancel with no penalties anytime before final payment. And also get any price drops.  Of course you might think I am both as I have only been on about 75 cruises so far I am sure many less than you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

Just curious because I value your opinion so highly do you think I am absolutely insane or pitiably ignorant. I booked a 17 night cruise on the Encore today for October 28,2021. No money out of pocket because I used FCC and Cruise Next certificates and I can cancel with no penalties anytime before final payment. And also get any price drops.  Of course you might think I am both as I have only been on about 75 cruises so far I am sure many less than you.

Can I only pick one? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

You can pick as many as you can handle. I think I already said that in my post.(of course you might think both)

My mistake - I should have included a third option: hopelessly naive.

That said, I sincerely appreciate that you value my opinion so highly. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to follow up. Have a lovely evening!

Edited by PortFees45
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Nope, I said this months ago when this all stared and I said they would raise prices to negate or wash those bonus credits of 125% .... A few posters said I was crazy and they would lower prices substantially due to Corona .... one of us was right .....

I think that once cruises actually get started up again there will be some rock bottom last minute rates. Unless the cruise lines don't want to/won't be allowed to sail full. With only about 50% of the people taking FCC over refund and having years to use them there's no way they will sail full off of just people using FCC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

None of that is really what some including me are referring to. Wanting to cruise is not the issue ....... The issue is the sky high prices for 2021 compared to this year or last and what they were without the Covid19 issues. Perhaps you are not one who monitors cruise prices religiously like many of us and you just pay whatever they are asking ...... Many are not fooled or wowed by their high pricing and not fooled by their fake future cruise credits of 125% when all they do is raise cruise fares 25-40% because of those credits burning holes in peoples pockets. A price drop of 5% you may get on a cruise you paid 30% more through NCL’s pricing games for 2021 is no achievement. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

None of that is really what some including me are referring to. Wanting to cruise is not the issue ....... The issue is the sky high prices for 2021 compared to this year or last and what they were without the Covid19 issues. Perhaps you are not one who monitors cruise prices religiously like many of us and you just pay whatever they are asking ...... Many are not fooled or wowed by their high pricing and not fooled by their fake future cruise credits of 125% when all they do is raise cruise fares 25-40% because of those credits burning holes in peoples pockets. A price drop of 5% you may get on a cruise you paid 30% more through NCL’s pricing games for 2021 is no achievement. 

What difference does it make if I can cancel the cruise before final payment and get price drops if the price goes down and I am not paying anything until final payment? After 75 cruises I think I know about price drops and watching prices. But thanks for enlightening me on cruise prices.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

My mistake - I should have included a third option: hopelessly naive.

That said, I sincerely appreciate that you value my opinion so highly. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to follow up. Have a lovely evening!

Thanks you win you figured me out I am hopelessly naive. Still better than being called insane or ignorant. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 11:43 PM, tupperstamper said:

We currently have a deposit down on a cruise for May 2021. We put down the deposit on May 1 for an MA cabin. The price was 3263.20 per person. Today that same cabin is $5799!  That's crazy.

Prices will keep going higher

5 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Prices will keep going higher

Agree - until there is a vaccine they will likely only be able to cruise with 50%-70% capacity tops so prices will have to rise to cover the missing people. And thats if they even manage to fill boats to 50% - Not sure they're going to have many customers for quite some time.

3 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Agree - until there is a vaccine they will likely only be able to cruise with 50%-70% capacity tops so prices will have to rise to cover the missing people. And thats if they even manage to fill boats to 50% - Not sure they're going to have many customers for quite some time.

When they first start sailing demand wont be a problem because all the avid cruisers are chomping at the bit to sail.  The problem will be 6 months after when first time cruisers are still reluctant.   

1 minute ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

When they first start sailing demand wont be a problem because all the avid cruisers are chomping at the bit to sail.  The problem will be 6 months after when first time cruisers are still reluctant.   

I don't think even that will fill ships - sure lots of us extreme cruisers on these boards might book but that isn't a large slice of the pie.

33 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I love their new promo. Balcony for OV price. Of course, all they did was raise the OV price to the same as the balcony, instead of the other way around. They must think we're total idiots.

They do - but there are plenty wo do not realise 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

I don't think even that will fill ships - sure lots of us extreme cruisers on these boards might book but that isn't a large slice of the pie.

These boards represent less than 1% of the cruise market. why on earth do you think that cruise lines do not really care what is written on them. 

• Like 1

Until any of the cruise lines are sailing again, pricing/fares are going to be pretty crazy.  No cruise line knows demand for any cruise until they start sailing.  So, take today’s fares with a grain of salt and they’re likely to change dramatically in the next 3-4 months.

You can book now if you want.  But, odds on the fare you book will drop significantly once ships start sailing, again and they see where the demand is and how much demand there will be.