You can now move deposits to a different sailing.

Previously you had to cancel a sailing and get an FCC for the deposit then lay a new deposit on a new cruise.

You are now able to call and switch sailing dates keeping the deposit intact.  No FCC needed which means you can now apply a FCC to this reservation.  The $100 pp fee is waived for NRD’s

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/31/2020 at 12:03 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Why not rebook for next year and not stress about what will become if this years season. 

Can I move a deposit from a cruise I have in September to another one that I have already booked in May 2021?

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  It could be to a sailing 2 weeks later different ship. 

No sure I understand this? What's the 2 weeks mean? I thought you can move the deposit to any week , any ship, any itinerary, any number of days, and no $100 change fee per person.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No sure I understand this? What's the 2 weeks mean? I thought you can move the deposit to any week , any ship, any itinerary, any number of days, and no $100 change fee per person.

It was just an example in my reply to a specific question 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

21 minutes ago, livylotte said:

So you can transfer your deposit to any other cruise you want to with no fee or further deposit payable?

The booking number will stay the same.  If the cruise you transfer to has a higher deposit requirement...going from a 3 day cruise to a 7 day cruise for example you would have to top up your deposit.  No fees.

10 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Darn it, Ken, any time you make a “good news” post, I should just automatically get out my credit card!   I keep saying I am done booking, and you keep giving me reasons to add just one more!  

Lol.  I must admit I have booked an extra cruise or two because of this. 

Yes it's the email that rcl sent out sunday, so awesome. Some cruises cant be lifted and switched, but now they can be switched if booked before august 1st. I got one more little tag a long for 4 days to move. I'm a bit worried this will go away before I find something a little further out. I got 2 weeks b2b with the rest. The caveat is only one fcc per booking, so if you have 3 to move, cant bundle them and move all the deposits to 2. 

Totally great news if you couldnt lift and switch. Ourusualbeach as usual happy news. Very happy camper today bouncing off the walls.

I think my main worry is it goes away august 1st, so dont wait. 

20200517_161123728.jpeg

Edited by firefly333

Lift and Switch is still the best thing going because it protects your price unlike the new option where you can move a deposit for another sailing, but at the current price of the cruise you move it to.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Lift and Switch is still the best thing going because it protects your price unlike the new option where you can move a deposit for another sailing, but at the current price of the cruise you move it to.

Well I had the one and only 9 day out of Galveston with boring ports. Since it was the only 9 day on rcl, wasnt possible to lift and switch. Not everyone can lift and switch, so finally something I could use.

Carnival had a 9 day, too bad I couldnt lift and switch to that one a partial panama transit.

• Like 1