Bliss 7 day $2975 Feb Eastern Caribbean -balcony

farmermark

Reading several posts you tell me I am crazy to book now "prices too high".  Looking at Feb. 2021 Bliss Eastern Caribbean from Miami with 4 ports of call on 7 day cruise.  All the goodies thrown in Drinks, dining, wifi, and shore excursion credits for $2975 for a BF balcony on deck 9.    Grab it or wait?     Kind of new to this.  Done 3 cruises with NCL and 1 with princess in last 3 years.   

Sorry.....should have stated this is for 2 people.  (or just barely under $1500 per person)  Includes taxes and 'free drink" gratuities etc.    I did not think it was bad.  I will add I have (4) Cruise next certs to use in next few years so a competitor line has to beat it badly.  While I know everyoines experience is different; I was left unimpressed by Princess last Feb. when i got off the ship and kind of partial to NCL's style.   

Edited by farmermark

Grab it now and keep watching the prices.  It's no cost at this point since you've already paid for the CN certificates.  You have until final payment to actually make a decision to keep at whatever price you have or drop it and hope to rebook at a lower price closer to sail date.  There is no limit to the number of times you can rebook between now and final payment; after final payment, you usually get 1 more chance to upgrade/get OBC if prices go lower.

• Like 1

But, just a friendly reminder to OP as being relatively new to cruising and CC - book it directly with NCL and be mindful of using a T/A (ask about their policies on rebooking/re-pricing as well as cancellation surcharge) 

As noted by poster above, you can price it and rebook directly with NCL as often as you wish ... outside online sites and/or brick-n-mortar/big box T/A can sometimes be a challenge, especially during these times. 

Plus, insurance - a good/comprehensive one with coverage, shop around carefully.  Good luck ! 

• Like 1

Meh, seems like normal pricing for a Febuary cruise, kids are back in school, not really prime time. Plus $1500 us dollars? Pretty much $1800cdn. I would expect fire sales to get people to cruise again after eliminating a lot of the things they are talking about, buffet's, wearing masks ect..

• Like 1

Sorry.....should have stated this is for 2 people.  (or just barely under $1500 per person)  Includes taxes and 'free drink" gratuities etc.    I did not think it was bad.  I will add I have (4) Cruise next certs to use in next few years so a competitor line has to beat it badly.  While I know everyoines experience is different; I was left unimpressed by Princess last Feb. when i got off the ship and kind of partial to NCL's style.   

I booked likely the same cruise back in November on a “Black Friday” deal. Price went down $240 pp last month. I called and they gave me the lower price instantly. The lower price was on my account in less than 20 minutes. He said call back as often as I want for price matching up until final payment in October. Then they offer upgrade or OBC. I only have cruisenext invested so plenty of time to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got the cabins we wanted.   Made new friends last year on a Princess Cruise and booked cabins for this cruise.  Then today's sale got all of yesterdays goodies PLUS added another Cruisenext deposit and got $200 onboard credit.      

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, JustAPilot said:

Meh, seems like normal pricing for a Febuary cruise, kids are back in school, not really prime time. Plus $1500 us dollars? Pretty much $1800cdn. I would expect fire sales to get people to cruise again after eliminating a lot of the things they are talking about, buffet's, wearing masks ect..

THIS ^^^^^

February is peak flu season so that's probably why it's so cheap.  Everybody saying they wouldn't cruise the rest of the year because of COVID19..just doesn't make sense.  COVID will taper down and come back Dec-March along with the flu. I would never take a cruise in February. 

Flu Peak Activity Chart 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season.htm

Edited by CruizinKittie40

Well CruzinKitte40 ...notice I am a farmer.   Jan. and Feb. are the months I have.   Knock on my hollow wooden head; Disney World and cruising  at that time of year for 20 years no problems yet.  

• Like 1

February is always the cheapest month to cruise.  That is why I usually cruise in February.  The kids are in school and its before spring break.  The demand for cruises dips in February.  The price dip does not have anything to do with flu season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david_sobe said:

February is always the cheapest month to cruise.  That is why I usually cruise in February.  The kids are in school and its before spring break.  The demand for cruises dips in February.  The price dip does not have anything to do with flu season.

Nov,   Dec,  Jan,   are also cheap cruising times,    actually any month-  depending on supply and demand.    🙂      i don't agree that February is "cheapest".    Certainly hasn't been in my case.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Nov,   Dec,  Jan,   are also cheap cruising times,    actually any month-  depending on supply and demand.    🙂      i don't agree that February is "cheapest".    Certainly hasn't been in my case.   

It also depends where you are cruising to. I live in Miami and when I price cruises to the Caribbean usually February has 2 weeks that are the lowest priced of the year.  

30 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

It also depends where you are cruising to. I live in Miami and when I price cruises to the Caribbean usually February has 2 weeks that are the lowest priced of the year.  

Feb. may have a few weeks which are less expensive, but so does Dec. and Jan.... it really depends.  I love cruising in any of those months... fare can determine the dates, for sure.  Pick and choose... it's all good. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

10 hours ago, david_sobe said:

You can not claim lowest     I’ve seen multiple times- very low rates Nov- Mar.   - especially  the Caribbean is easy to get with some  flexibility      Depends how often you are tracking and sailing.  I’d been sailing at least monthly the last several years.   

47 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

You can not claim lowest     I’ve seen multiple times- very low rates Nov- Mar.   - especially  the Caribbean is easy to get with some  flexibility      Depends how often you are tracking and sailing.  I’d been sailing at least monthly the last several years.   

Yes I can claim the lowest LOL

Are we seriously going to have a debate on who finds the lowest fares and when?  I just got off Encore in March.  I had booked the cruise 17 months in advance.  A new ship is expensive and the prices were steady except for holidays where prices were higher.  I booked the lowest week I could find and it was February.  That has normally been the case of all my cruises.  However I am well aware people find lower prices.  I am not talking last minute deals.  Also, I am generally speaking.  Of course ships, itineraries, and nights vary from cruise to cruise. 

I had no intentions to throw budget queen off her budget😉

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

Two comments if I may...

Not sure you mentioned which week in February-but the week of Presidents’ Day is school vacation week for much of New England and cruise prices are at a premium that week so your quote for a balcony, inclusive of fees & gratuities seems pretty good If it’s that week

Please check to make sure you can keep rebooking with Cruise Next certificate-I thought you could only change it once? Maybe if it’s the same sailing that would be different-just haven’t done it so wanted you make sure you’re able to keep reapplying it -you did mention that you’re new-ish to CC & cruising?!