Main Dining Room & Dinner Hours

kebrown

Does anyone know what time the main dining rooms on Celebrity Solstice class ships stop allowing passengers to enter for dinner if they have Select Dining?  For instance, can you show up for dinner at 10:00pm if you are returning from a tour that ended at 9:30pm?  Would the dining room allow you to be seated and served this late?

8 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Does anyone know what time the main dining rooms on Celebrity Solstice class ships stop allowing passengers to enter for dinner if they have Select Dining?  For instance, can you show up for dinner at 10:00pm if you are returning from a tour that ended at 9:30pm?  Would the dining room allow you to be seated and served this late?

The hours are 6:15pm and 8:45pm - it has usually been 30 mins after the start of dinner. 10pm is probably too late as the late dinner will be coming to an end but no harm to ask 

The 6:15 & 8:45 are hours for traditional seating not select dining.

The time can vary slightly by where the ship is sailing but generally 6-9:30.

Should you return after the MDR closes you can get something in Oceanview. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 39august said:

I have seen Select Dining rooms open at 5:45 PM on both Reflection and Equinox. Don't remember how late. Best to ask when you board.

... or to X's website, before boarding.

bon appetite and bon voyage

• Like 1

We usually eat in specialty venues at 8:30 pm and are often "last in" and among the last to leave many nights.  Honestly, no way you want to enter at 10pm.  

If, for some unusual circumstance, you must dine so late one night, talk to a restaurant manager and ask what they suggest for you.  But forget about eating at a restaurant at 10pm.    

Entering a restaurant at 10pm is going to be so uncomfortable for you even if they will seat you.  You will be rushed and dining alone at best.  No thank you, .....Not for me!! 

You can check with your Cruise Planner to see what the hours of operation are.  On my July 2021 Millennium cruise it says the MDR Select hours are from 6 to 10. Doubt they would appreciate you arriving at 10 or slightly before.

Note: when I tried to make a Select reservation the last available time was 9:30

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

12 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Note: when I tried to make a Select reservation the last available time was 9:30

Thank you.  I just tried to make a reservation in my cruise planner and 9:30 is the last time it will allow me to reserve a table.  So I guess 9:30 is the latest time they will allow you to enter the main dining room.

45 minutes ago, StevenMar said:

Does anyone knows as of when reservations can be made on the website? Being elite member, I thought I even have early access to the reservations?

I can make reservations now for our 10/21 cruise but not for our 2/22 cruise.  
Reservations are available at the sam time for everyone.  If you not very familiar with the Cruise Planner finding the place to make reservations for Select Dining can be hard.  Go to Specialty Dining and Scroll all the way to the bottom , Select Dining is the last option.

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I can make reservations now for our 10/21 cruise but not for our 2/22 cruise.  
Reservations are available at the sam time for everyone.  If you not very familiar with the Cruise Planner finding the place to make reservations for Select Dining can be hard.  Go to Specialty Dining and Scroll all the way to the bottom , Select Dining is the last option.

Found it! Thank you!