Early riser coffee?

We just booked our first Regent cruise for next October, to replace our canceled Windstar cruise this October.  We are quite excited. 

I did a search on "coffee" on this forum to try to determine if there is a way to get a cup of something (coffee, espresso) before the Coffee Connection opens in the morning.  From reading the results of my search, it looks like there is an espresso machine on the pool deck?  Is that available all the time?

And FYI - I do know about room service... but I'd rather slip quietly out of the room to get my fix on, rather than disturbing my husband if he's sleeping later than I am.

24 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

We just booked our first Regent cruise for next October, to replace our canceled Windstar cruise this October.  We are quite excited. 

I did a search on "coffee" on this forum to try to determine if there is a way to get a cup of something (coffee, espresso) before the Coffee Connection opens in the morning.  From reading the results of my search, it looks like there is an espresso machine on the pool deck?  Is that available all the time?

And FYI - I do know about room service... but I'd rather slip quietly out of the room to get my fix on, rather than disturbing my husband if he's sleeping later than I am.

At Coffee Connection there is (was, anyway...maybe not now due to this pandemonium) a self-serve cofffee machine that brews by-the-cup.  A couple of options for decaf and cocoa too.

• Thanks 1

Assuming a Covid-19 restriction has not made it unavailable, there is a coffee machine in the Coffee Connection area on the Mariner, Voyager, Explorer and, I believe, Splendor that is available 24 hrs a day..  I'm not sure about the Navigator.

Dave

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Assuming a Covid-19 restriction has not made it unavailable, there is a coffee machine in the Coffee Connection area on the Mariner, Voyager, Explorer and, I believe, Splendor that is available 24 hrs a day..  I'm not sure about the Navigator.

Dave

Yup...across from CC ....where the computers and IT helpdesk is located

6 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Obviously, it is not certain whether any of the self-service machines will be operating when cruising resumes.  For guests in upper suites, there is an espresso machine in your suite.  

For the rest of us riff-raff; I am not going to cruise until the self service coffee is available.

One other option is 24 hour room service; can always get a special coffee that way but not as convenient as self service machines.

Marc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

For the rest of us riff-raff; I am not going to cruise until the self service coffee is available.

One other option is 24 hour room service; can always get a special coffee that way but not as convenient as self service machines.

Marc

I'm only guessing that it will not be available - hopefully I'm wrong.  When I drink coffee, I only want it from the Coffee Connection.  Dennis likes the machines but also likes the Coffee Connection (rarely uses the espresso maker in the suite).

• Haha 2

Yes - I have noted that  there are espresso machines in Concierge suites.  We are not in a Concierge suite.  I can't justify moving up from a Superior suite for 2k just to have an espresso machine.

Well, thanks to those who answered the question.  Depending on how things are when we sail, there might, or might not be machines available.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Kate-AHF, I can not tell if you have looked at the member referral credit thread. If not and you are interested, you may email me at areswfl@icloud.com for the information. Thanks for giving us all something nice to think about, a morning cup of cappuccino on our next cruise!!!

Wouldn’t it be nice if Regent could provide the Illy espresso machines in the basic suites upon request if the large public machines were out of service?  I’m sure there are quite a few people in the upper suites who don’t use theirs - I’d bet there’d be a way to reallocate them as required...

• Like 1

UUNetBill: 

I would bet, that given the current environment, it would not be a "Bridge Too Far" (Arnhem, September, 1944) for Regent to agree to a passenger request made via a Cabin Attendant to relocate such an expresso machine.  It has been our 17-year experience with Radisson/Regent that no reasonable request is denied.  The "uniform" response: 

Of Course!

PS:  Hoping that having two 2020 Regent cruises canceled, our April, 2021 Tokyo-Vancouver, B.C. Explorer sails. 

GOARMY!

• 1 month later...

Before our World Cruise was cancelled the Mariner went to strict sanitation methods and the self serve coffee machines could only be operated by crew,  They were turned off at night and didn't open until 6:30am.

On 7/13/2020 at 6:52 AM, Jymi-B said:

Before our World Cruise was cancelled the Mariner went to strict sanitation methods and the self serve coffee machines could only be operated by crew,  They were turned off at night and didn't open until 6:30am.

Thank you for your input.  I suspect that this will be the case - at least for the early cruises.  

On 6/4/2020 at 7:43 AM, UUNetBill said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if Regent could provide the Illy espresso machines in the basic suites upon request if the large public machines were out of service?  I’m sure there are quite a few people in the upper suites who don’t use theirs - I’d bet there’d be a way to reallocate them as required...

I think that the espresso machines are overrated and are definitely not as good as the machines or having your coffee made for you (particularly the French press coffee).  When we finally sail together next year, you’ll have to try the Illy machine and let us know what you think.

14 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I think that the espresso machines are overrated and are definitely not as good as the machines or having your coffee made for you (particularly the French press coffee).  When we finally sail together next year, you’ll have to try the Illy machine and let us know what you think.

Oh, I've tried them before.  Not great, but drinkable.  I wonder if they'd let me bring my De'Longhi machine from home and hook it up?  Hmmm.....

14 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Agree. Most of the time they aren't good. Some of it might be due to a cleaning issue. We love super strong espresso, but the in-room machines seem to be so bitter that they are undrinkable.