All Alaska / Canadian Cruises Removed From Website for 2020

Apparently, All Alaska / Canadian Cruises for 2020 have been removed from Royal's website.   The promised "full update" is due tomorrow, June 2nd.  Glad they decided to remove cruises they knew wouldn't happen due to the closure of Canadian ports but were still available for people to spend their money on, only to be cancelled months later. 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-erases-alaska-canada-itineraries-from-website.html

Edited by livingonthebeach

They still show the September repositioning cruise from Vancouver to Yokohama that I"m currently booked on.  Since Vancouver is closed in September, and there's no guarantees that Japan is going to allow cruise ships at that point, why is it still there?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mugiwara said:

They still show the September repositioning cruise from Vancouver to Yokohama that I"m currently booked on.  Since Vancouver is closed in September, and there's no guarantees that Japan is going to allow cruise ships at that point, why is it still there?

Today, June 2nd, is when they will supposedly issue a statement regarding Alaska / Canada sailings.  Stay tuned. 

13 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Apparently, All Alaska / Canadian Cruises for 2020 have been removed from Royal's website.   The promised "full update" is due tomorrow, June 2nd.  Glad they decided to remove cruises they knew wouldn't happen due to the closure of Canadian ports but were still available for people to spend their money on, only to be cancelled months later. 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-erases-alaska-canada-itineraries-from-website.html

Royal removed those cruises last week within a couple hours of the notice that was issued by Canada. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Dates were removed right after Canada's announcement, think was a week ago

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal removed those cruises last week within a couple hours of the notice that was issued by Canada. 

Guess I'm a week late LOL.  Do you know at what time they will issue a statement today?  

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing was announced for a time. 

Thanks.  P&O just announced they will suspend operations until October 15 which is more realistic than the August 1st target date of the major cruise lines.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-52889013

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Guess I'm a week late LOL.  Do you know at what time they will issue a statement today?  

I have been consulting my crystal ball...but nothing appears yet.  Knowing RCI......

image.jpeg.9f5fb1f7cceb74e745b1541b062c9f67.jpeg

Edited by island lady

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks.  P&O just announced they will suspend operations until October 15 which is more realistic than the August 1st target date of the major cruise lines.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-52889013

Yes , but  RCCL is not operating like most major cruiselines, doing their own thing. I expect all of August to be canceled along with the Canada cruises annoucement with a new September 1st target date. That would bring it up to canceling the entire Summer cruising season.

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, island lady said:

Probably after the stock market closes?  😉 

Why would it matter really, stock market reacts now or tomorrow...............I never get that when people say that?

Just now, Jimbo said:

Why would it matter really, stock market reacts now or tomorrow...............I never get that when people say that?

It's just a common joke...hence the winky..wink and was for Ken.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People react at different speeds.  If markets are open....knee jerk reaction can tank you quickly...aka a bunch of people get nervous sell, stock starts to slide, more people get nervous, they sell, stock slides more...it hits threshhold, then major holders auto trading kicks in......  If market is closed, the initial knee jerk is delayed and in after hour trading it might take a small hit and then recover by the time the major indexes open the next business day.

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

People react at different speeds.  If markets are open....knee jerk reaction can tank you quickly...aka a bunch of people get nervous sell, stock starts to slide, more people get nervous, they sell, stock slides more...it hits threshhold, then major holders auto trading kicks in......  If market is closed, the initial knee jerk is delayed and in after hour trading it might take a small hit and then recover by the time the major indexes open the next business day.

Yeah  I guess, but hell if you aren't nervous buying or selling RCCL stock right now, you not living?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah  I guess, but hell if you aren't nervous buying or selling RCCL stock right now, you not living?

Yeah....I keep buying it and selling it....making small gains....if I had just held it from the first buy and sold today I would have made about 30% more than I have so far....but I'm too nervous to hold it for more than a few days at time....just keep waiting for another 'shot over the bow' in terms of more delays in ports, more strange rules in covid, more bad economic news in general....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

Yeah....I keep buying it and selling it....making small gains....if I had just held it from the first buy and sold today I would have made about 30% more than I have so far....but I'm too nervous to hold it for more than a few days at time....just keep waiting for another 'shot over the bow' in terms of more delays in ports, more strange rules in covid, more bad economic news in general....

I should have bought more when it when down to $19 and change but I "missed the boat" -- pun intended.  Not sure I want to buy at these levels so, like you, I'll wait until it gets hammered again. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes , but  RCCL is not operating like most major cruiselines, doing their own thing. I expect all of August to be canceled along with the Canada cruises annoucement with a new September 1st target date. That would bring it up to canceling the entire Summer cruising season.

I doubt that you will see any cancellations today other than the ones that have Canada as a port stop.  IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing they announce today will have any impact on the stock price.  

Yeah, our stock can't get much lower can it?  😵  So much for my plan for a rich retirement.  😄 😄 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I doubt that you will see any cancellations today other than the ones that have Canada as a port stop.  IMO

Mine isn't a port stop...it's a final destination.  Seward to Vancouver.  "Tain't gonna happen" on that cruise.  😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was hoping for them to start being more transparent. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

We all know cruises aren't starting August 1st.