All Alaska / Canadian Cruises Removed From Website for 2020

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I was hoping for them to start being more transparent. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

We all know cruises aren't starting August 1st.

I still think they may be able to start limited ships, short sailings Aug .  Seems to be what Carnival is planning as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I still think they may be able to start limited ships, short sailings Aug .  Seems to be what Carnival is planning as well.

It won't be a good idea I fear. Start to soon and have issues that would really prolong things or even worse.......

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It won't be a good idea I fear. Start to soon and have issues that would really prolong things or even worse.......

The thing is this whole situation is changing rapidly.  one month ago we were in a completely different spot than we are now and in a month and then in two months things will change rapidly.  If they cancel all the cruise outright it becomes much more difficult to resell them if they can start up earlier.  Yes it is still a question of "when" but they also don't want to miss out on cancelling too far ahead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

How about Canada as embarkation port such as Radiance 9/4? It's still showing as bookable. 

I don't see that happening when Canada has refused entry for all cruise ships over 500  pax into, not just the ports...but all Canadian waters until November 1st at the earliest.  This was a change they made last week to extend these closures from the original July 1st date.  

Most have already disappeared that have anything to do with Canadian ports...the RCI website has never been reliable source of accurate information.  

Edited by island lady

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not even counting those...................that is why we are where we are today!!! 😷

If they start operations in China anytime soon it will be targeted to the local Chinese market and other perhaps other neighboring countries -- won't be too many Americans there.  Flights to China are very sparse - don't think any of the US airlines are flying there at the moment, and the added difficulty of getting a Chinese visa (required for Americans) will be a major hurdle. 😷

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would hope that is also part of the announcement

Hoping they announce soon -- why wait a whole week?  Don't get it.  Meanwhile Celebrity has cruises leaving New England with stops in Canada in August that are bookable on their website.  Do they think Canada is going to reverse the order?  I don't get why they are still advertised on their website. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal removed those cruises last week within a couple hours of the notice that was issued by Canada. 

Saw the previously removed Brilliance Canada/NE cruises from October back again on Royal's website a little while ago. Perhaps IT in the mood to play hide and seek.

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Will you please post the announcement when you hear?

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of other posts/threads about it - the CC crowd is pretty good at repeating a major event in lots of places.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

How about Canada as embarkation port such as Radiance 9/4? It's still showing as bookable. 

Go back into RCI website again...the only thing listed for September on Radiance is Tokyo.  

UPDATED ON JUNE 2, 2020

Royal Caribbean's Facebook for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Twitter for Live UpdatesRoyal Caribbean's Instagram for Live Updates

Royal Caribbean Announces Global Suspension Of Cruising

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through July 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on August 1st, 2020.

• Canada sailings will be suspended through October 31, 2020, due to the Canadian government’s extended travel ban on cruise ship travel.

• China sailings will be suspended through June 30th, 2020.