End of Self Assist Disembarkaton?

14 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

They could have several muster drills.  Just assign a time and note it on the card.  Hey,🙂 they might even be able to do them inside; perhaps in the theater with spaced seating and no one would need to stand outside in the sweltering

Edited by Royal_Cruise_Bear
Double posting, sorry....

20 hours ago, alfaeric said:

Seems to me that self assist helps keep people apart, since there's a bag in between people.

It's a possible improvement by keeping people apart vs. no bags.

Though I have never opted to do this, I have witnessed(early riser) the chaos that occurs during the self assist and cannot imagine social distancing working.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

What happens if a person desperately needs the bathroom and does not have enough time to get back to the cabin.That has happened to me many times.

But that can happen anywhere. 

Driving, excursions, flights, going for a walk, etc..

11 hours ago, karena1 said:

Right now, we plan to go in august.  Only thing that would really be a deal breaker for us, is having to wear masks all the time.  Otherwise, we are good to go and will go the minute they say we can cruise ago

So wearing masks is a deal breaker for you🤔

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Why would self assist not have any social distancing?  It is incumbent on people to space themselves out. Sames as at Costco or anywhere you need to line up. Standard disembarkation would be no different. Everyone gets in line to disembark (with or without bags). 

Few Costco's hold 6000 people. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Not really.  Canadian airlines are brutal.  

I used airline miles for my trip to Paris and Rome in February.  To fly direct from Toronto was $2500 For two of us  in fuel surcharges and taxes on a “free flight”.  Drove to Buffalo and flew from there on a partner airline and it was less than $500 in extra charges for the two of us.

Seems like Andrew always drives to Detroit to catch Delta

I did get a decent price flying Rouge home from Barcelona. Lovely flight. That was after Mariner Odyssey.  Royal covered most of the expense

Edited by John&LaLa

21 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Though I have never opted to do this, I have witnessed(early riser) the chaos that occurs during the self assist and cannot imagine social distancing working.

Yeah we don't do self assist, but every cruise it looks very crowded and I don't see luggage accomplishing "social distancing".  But then I don't see social distancing helping or working in any way on a cruise ship, it will just be for show to convince authorities to let them go.

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only dictionary I refer to is Websters

Do you still use a typewriter 🤔

Or a buggy whip😁

Does Websters even do acronyms?

Im sure you know these

FUBAR

SNAFU

SOS

Edited by John&LaLa

8 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Some people don’t get a 10- or 15-minute notice that they need to use the bathroom, so there’s no planning for it.  And, what if a person gets sick and needs to throw up? That would cause a lot of additional work for the already overworked staff.  

See post 54

14 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

I'm wondering if they will simply close all or some of the public bathrooms to force passengers to go back to their cabins when needed.  (which is what we do most of the time, anyway)  

There are probably regulations about having public restrooms, minimum needed for X number of passengers, locations near restaurants, etc ??

Code brown...deck six.  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They used to have a sign at the DMV that read... poor planning on your part does not make an emergency on our part.😯😄

I liked the one I saw at one DMV that stated:   If you want a better picture...bring a better face.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, molly361 said:

Just to add another what's gonna happen,  I wonder how self assist disembarkation will be handled or if it will still be offered.  No social distancing there.  

That "herd" would definitely be challenged in a COVID-prevention world...while we've only done it once ourselves...I've always meant to video the experience and overlay a loud mooooooing sound on top....

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So wearing masks is a deal breaker for you🤔

Probably, I am not wearing a mask to lay at the pool and sunbathe.  Fine with getting on the ship, disembarkation, muster and those things, but not wearing one at the pool or to eat dinner and those type of things.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bouhunter said:

I might need a nice Florida beach picture this morning 🙂  Cloudy skies and SAVAGE winds this morning in Michigan!

From a few weeks ago, but its a decent day today. 88 and sunny

20200522_162435.thumb.jpg.b0d14a65579f49ddb79663ddf05c347d.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ChC said:

It is not a proud nor correct thing to say in 21st century. Even Oxford publish dictionary that includes every new words invented on internet every year. Maybe you should switch to Oxford dictionary that is updated with time.😁

I recall back in the 70’s when book stores were selling Ebonics dictionaries.I had no desire to change from Webster’s then and no desire to change now.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But that can happen anywhere. 

Driving, excursions, flights, going for a walk, etc..

Yes,but we are discussing cruise ships. There have been too many times when I was I a theater or dining room on a ship and needed a bathroom that I was barely able to get to on time.