Anthem Dry Dock

zjc

41 minutes ago, zjc said:

Trying to decide if October is a safe bet to book a sailing on Anthem or not

We're booked on Anthem in October. I am not at all convinced it will happen. There is no such thing as a safe bet for cruising this year and possibly into next.

You guys need to have some faith.

the situation over in Europe is improving massively with borders reopening and restrictions being removed.

i see no reason why come October cruises can’t sail providing they have implemented health and safety measures

• Like 1

For August RCL will soon find the perfect "excuse" as maybe similar as Explorer that's maybe the time she will go into drydock. For September or October it will depend if RCL has decided to commence cruising at all by then and then it will depend on the situation, if the UK will not get the situation under control then no cruises wil happen this year at all from Southampton.

• 3 weeks later...

Anthem was not going in for an amplification, her dry dock was more classical and mostly for routine maintenance and the mandatory 5 year work up and recertification.  

She needs to get this done one way or another.  She can't sail forever without it.  

We are still hoping for Anthem to sail in December.  Although, back in February we were also planning on cruising on booked cruises in March, May, June, July, August & September.  We can handle cancellation in December, but we will still hope on...

Also Spain has now made their ban on cruise ships indefinite - or as they put it 'until the coronavirus pandemic is over'. Many cruises from Southampton call at Spanish ports, either in the mainland or the Canaries.

So it's really not looking good for Anthem this year - it now has 3 Southampton round trips left in October, with 2 of those heavily Spanish port based (and the other Italian). And the only other trip is the TA, where it's going to be difficult/impossible for US people to get to us to take the trip home and almost as difficult for those in the EU doing the opposite.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, TeDaKi said:

I think this thread should stay on topic: Anthem's upcoming drydock!

Lots of other threads around to discuss covid. 

I guess we need to fllow her where she is heading over the next weeks, but likely by latest towards end of July she might be in dry dock simmilar as Explorer

2 hours ago, little britain said:

You have to go past Gib to get to Cadiz.  She’s probably stopping in Gib to pick up some duty free!

Spain has a restricted arrival schedule for non-Europeans, while Gibraltar has no travel restrictions, so they are likely picking up sub-contractors who could more easily fly to Gib than Spain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Spain has a restricted arrival schedule for non-Europeans, while Gibraltar has no travel restrictions, so they are likely picking up sub-contractors who could more easily fly to Gib than Spain.

I prefer my duty free angle!!! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 10:03 PM, Jimmy_g88 said:

Anthem is now on route to Brest, France. Presume that’s we’re they will do the 5 year technical dry dock.

Correct, seen this on Instagram from somebody working onboard about a week ago. Not sure how long the dry dock is due to take but presumably only a couple of weeks?

then I suppose she will join Allure, Empress and Majesty or Explorer & Jewel down by Gibraltar. Not sure which.