Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

6 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

That's how they exclude double point solos.  I wouldn't count on ANY extra if you're receiving double points in any fashion.

Yes, and beyond all of that, I actually like having my room made up often.  Sorry if I'm destroying the planet and such.  Maybe I can wash my own sheets less to make up for it.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am currently on the Edge and it is my first cruise as Elite Plus thanks to the PUP program.  As expected, not much difference other then the extra bag of laundry.  

Is the CC holding the evening CC HH? 

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Power up points for June's Trivia.  Yay!

There haven't been any more Power up points activities in a while, I was hoping they would keep them going.  I have been enjoying them and it got us to Elite which gives us Diamond on Royal Caribbean and since we're booked next June for Arctic Circle/Norway B2B with Iceland/Ireland, it will give us 4 drink coupons each per day.  No need for a drink package, we'll just pay for anything else after the 4 which won't be often.

It definitely has been worth it for me to follow along and do all the activities.

Edited by doodlefan
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:34 PM, WeMissSeaView said:

I am currently on the Edge and it is my first cruise as Elite Plus thanks to the PUP program.  As expected, not much difference other then the extra bag of laundry.  

You have "hit the nail on the head" once you get to Elite the points are basically worthless -  the Allways included pricing has destroyed all the Elite + benefits except 1 bag of laundry - is anyone at Celebrity listening?

6 hours ago, doodlefan said:

I just received my Power up points for June's Trivia.  Yay!

There haven't been any more Power up points activities in a while, I was hoping they would keep them going.  I have been enjoying them and it got us to Elite which gives us Diamond on Royal Caribbean and since we're booked next June for Arctic Circle/Norway B2B with Iceland/Ireland, it will give us 4 drink coupons each per day.  No need for a drink package, we'll just pay for anything else after the 4 which won't be often.

It definitely has been worth it for me to follow along and do all the activities.

Just remember the 4 coupons are only valid for a short period each day and you can't have more than 1 drink at a time.

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

You have "hit the nail on the head" once you get to Elite the points are basically worthless -  the Allways included pricing has destroyed all the Elite + benefits except 1 bag of laundry - is anyone at Celebrity listening?

Elite level is not “basically worthless” if you are sailing without AlwaysIncluded, as on last minute bookings, or BlueChipClub bookings, or many special rates

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

I thought this was changed so the coupons are now valid all day.

The change was that there are no coupons.  Unlimited drinks from the CC menu are available in most bars/lounges from 5-7 daily.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The change was that there are no coupons.  Unlimited drinks from the CC menu are available in most bars/lounges from 5-7 daily.

Instead of a few select drinks they can use in the evening, Royal Caribbean has revamped its offerings to allow at least 4 beverage vouchers for Diamond and higher guests in Crown and Anchor, which are good all day and at any bar

Royal Caribbean's customer loyalty program changes: What's temporary and what's here to stay | Royal Caribbean Blog

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Don’t mix up Royal (coupons good all day) and Celebrity (Captain’s Club happy Hour 5-7)

Sorry, looks like I started a bit of confusion regarding drink coupons.

I was saying I'm happy I'm Elite now (Thanks to PUP points) which also puts me at Diamond on RCCL. 

On RCCL they have changed the Happy Hour to drink coupons good ALL day that are put on your seapass.  4 for Diamond, 5 for Diamond+ and 6 for Pinnacle for drinks up to $13 per day. AGAIN, this is on RCCL.

Celebrity is still doing Happy Hour  from 5 -7. for those that don't have the Always Included package.  I am noticing more pricing that is just the cruise only so for those that aren't big drinkers, being Elite or Elite+ may still be beneficial if you book a "simply sail" rate with no perks.

Either way I'm very happy to have PUP points to get me to Elite as these perks are useful on Celebrity and on RCCL as well. 

6 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Something just occurred to me.  Maybe the only people who got the offer have sailed since June?  I haven't so I could be completely wrong. 

We received it and were on Edge in June. It seems as though it would be limited to or targeted towards people that have already sailed in June or July. 

"We want to see your first cruise back through your eyes! Earn 30 Power Up Points by uploading pictures or video from your first sailing back to social media by June 20th.*" Share a photo or video of an exciting onboard moment from June or July 2021. 

3 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I was on Edge last week and I did not receive the e-mail.

Have your normal CC points posted yet? 

2 hours ago, doodlefan said:

Sorry, looks like I started a bit of confusion regarding drink coupons.

I was saying I'm happy I'm Elite now (Thanks to PUP points) which also puts me at Diamond on RCCL. 

On RCCL they have changed the Happy Hour to drink coupons good ALL day that are put on your seapass.  4 for Diamond, 5 for Diamond+ and 6 for Pinnacle for drinks up to $13 per day. AGAIN, this is on RCCL.

Celebrity is still doing Happy Hour  from 5 -7. for those that don't have the Always Included package.  I am noticing more pricing that is just the cruise only so for those that aren't big drinkers, being Elite or Elite+ may still be beneficial if you book a "simply sail" rate with no perks.

Either way I'm very happy to have PUP points to get me to Elite as these perks are useful on Celebrity and on RCCL as well. 

Please tell me where you have you been able to book "simply sail" rates. This would be perfect for us. Have asked Celebrity and been told that these rates might be available close to the sailing date and for guarantee cabins only which is useless to us. Friends in Canada have asked and been given the same information. 2 UK Travel Agents who used to have net rate deals I.e. without the drinks and Internet  have said all such deals have been withdrawn. Any information greatly appreciated. Great news that the Royal vouchers are valid all day - do they include Lattes?

26 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Please tell me where you have you been able to book "simply sail" rates. This would be perfect for us. Have asked Celebrity and been told that these rates might be available close to the sailing date and for guarantee cabins only which is useless to us. Friends in Canada have asked and been given the same information. 2 UK Travel Agents who used to have net rate deals I.e. without the drinks and Internet  have said all such deals have been withdrawn. Any information greatly appreciated. Great news that the Royal vouchers are valid all day - do they include Lattes?

I haven't booked a Celebrity cruise with the simply sail rate but was looking at a Bermuda sailing on the Summit for May 2022 and it did come up with a "cruise only" rate of $799 in an inside guarantee and $1199 for an inside with drinks, tips and wifi.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to check Equinox next June and there is also a "cruise only" rate showing for it as well.  BUT there is also a "cruise only" rate for a balcony guarantee as well.  It is $300pp  less than picking a balcony and having the perks.  This is on an 8 night cruise.  The same for a 10 night in February on the Constellation, So it looks like alot of cruises have a "cruise only" rate but only in a guarantee.  Good to know for people who don't drink at all that there is a cheaper option if you're ok with booking a guarantee. 

Basically if you go on the Celebrity website, put in your filters to get the cruises you are interested in, if you see a price and it's crossed out in red and has a much cheaper price listed it's probably a "cruise only" inside guarantee price. 

As far as I have seen, the drink vouchers on Royal are for any drink up to $13.  I believe this includes coffee, water etc.   There was some talk on a thread that if you are buying a bottle of water you should specify that you DON'T want a voucher used for the water if you want to save them for higher price drinks such as wine or alcoholic drinks later on that day.   It would be a waste to use it on water and then end up paying for a drink later that you could have used a voucher on.  The vouchers are only good for that day and do not carry over.  Use it or lose it. 😁

1 hour ago, doodlefan said:

I haven't booked a Celebrity cruise with the simply sail rate but was looking at a Bermuda sailing on the Summit for May 2022 and it did come up with a "cruise only" rate of $799 in an inside guarantee and $1199 for an inside with drinks, tips and wifi.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to check Equinox next June and there is also a "cruise only" rate showing for it as well.  BUT there is also a "cruise only" rate for a balcony guarantee as well.  It is $300pp  less than picking a balcony and having the perks.  This is on an 8 night cruise.  The same for a 10 night in February on the Constellation, So it looks like alot of cruises have a "cruise only" rate but only in a guarantee.  Good to know for people who don't drink at all that there is a cheaper option if you're ok with booking a guarantee. 

Basically if you go on the Celebrity website, put in your filters to get the cruises you are interested in, if you see a price and it's crossed out in red and has a much cheaper price listed it's probably a "cruise only" inside guarantee price. 

As far as I have seen, the drink vouchers on Royal are for any drink up to $13.  I believe this includes coffee, water etc.   There was some talk on a thread that if you are buying a bottle of water you should specify that you DON'T want a voucher used for the water if you want to save them for higher price drinks such as wine or alcoholic drinks later on that day.   It would be a waste to use it on water and then end up paying for a drink later that you could have used a voucher on.  The vouchers are only good for that day and do not carry over.  Use it or lose it. 😁

Thanks, basically what we had been told. If you want any sort of choice you have to pay for the drinks and Internet whether you want them or not.

If the cruise only rate doesn't include the tips it is an even worse deal.

The net result is if you are Elite + and don't/can't drink alcohol the increased cost is astronomical. To give you a direct comparison, Silhouette, same cabin, same time of year, West bound Transatlantic:

2019: cost per day: £207 inc tips.

2021: cost per day: 379.

Regrettably if this pricing structure doesn't change our Transatlantic in April 2022 will be our last on Celebrity.

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Simply Sail rates are found under the menu in the upper left of the main web page (at least in the US):

image.png.059a18d9913ab813c023dcef0ba08ac3.png

And these sailings extend way out to December of next year, not just dates that are close. So there's a way to get your booking without Always Included.

Two quick things that are not great, though: the discounts for Simply Sail have been noted as minimal, and as near as I can tell these rates are only for Guarantee rooms, which you have already indicated won't work for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Thanks, basically what we had been told. If you want any sort of choice you have to pay for the drinks and Internet whether you want them or not.

If the cruise only rate doesn't include the tips it is an even worse deal.

The net result is if you are Elite + and don't/can't drink alcohol the increased cost is astronomical. To give you a direct comparison, Silhouette, same cabin, same time of year, West bound Transatlantic:

2019: cost per day: £207 inc tips.

2021: cost per day: 379.

Regrettably if this pricing structure doesn't change our Transatlantic in April 2022 will be our last on Celebrity.

I totally understand what you mean.  We had 3 cruises cancelled last year and were able to "lift and shift" one to a decent time/itinerary in January 2022 that we will take especially since it was booked with the old 4 perks.  It cannot be beat.    BUT, the prices next year are crazy. 

We LOVE Celebrity and the beverage package but cannot justify the prices.  So we booked a couple of bucket list cruises on Royal for June/July next year.  We don't have tips or drink package included but with the price of the cruise and adding tips it's still WAAAAAY cheaper than Celebrity.  We will take our Diamond member 4 drinks per day and just pay for anything else out of pocket.  But on  a cooler weather itinerary  Norway/Iceland/Ireland  I don't anticipate drinking as much as a Caribbean cruise anyway.  I think Celebrity has priced themselves out of reach for us for the remainder of 2022.   

We are also booked on the Constellation TA in April (at a great lift and shift price)  but are thinking of cancelling and adding something next fall instead since we are doing the Royal B2Bs in June/July.

For us it's a matter of taking 1 or 2  All Inclusive Celebrity cruises or 2 or 3 other cheaper cruises. The prices on Royal seem so much cheaper than other lines right now and we would rather cruise more at this stage of our lives, so we are now looking at other lines as well.   We've sailed most of them and have never had a bad cruise. 

18 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Just had a Celebrity email with a gift icon "Click to reveal" which granted 20 PUPs. A bit random, but I'll take them.

Do you remember the subject line of this email? I haven’t seen it. 

18 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Just had a Celebrity email with a gift icon "Click to reveal" which granted 20 PUPs. A bit random, but I'll take them.

Same here. Our reveal was 20 PUPs as well. I wonder if there were any higher/lower.

47 minutes ago, NBliving said:

Do you remember the subject line of this email? I haven’t seen it. 

We received that email as well but after I completed the task I delete them. However from memory the subject line was the usual "here's your next activity to earn PUP" or something like that.