Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

I am sorry you’re not getting what you wanted on this PowerUpPoint opportunity. But I am a little taken aback by some of the responses. The cruise line are giving you something for free.It seems a bit ungrateful to complain that it doesn’t fit your needs.
Maybe I am overly influenced by conversations with children at this time of year and what to do if they get a Christmas present they don’t want, teaching them to smile and say “thank you” not “ I can’t use this, give me something else”

maybe the next PUP will be more to your liking.

Getting it free means I can't it return for a refund.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, drakes2 said:

I'm also looking elsewhere and just booked Princess for January even thought I'll be Elite plus on my next 2 Celebrity cruises. They are getting too expensive and seem to be nickel and dimeing at every turn.   Also my CVP is not answering my calls and agents have been most unhelpful. 

I have loved Celebrity but aside from price differences Princess and HAL have the best itineraries in Alaska.  They have the most permits into Glacier Bay. Cekebrity has none!  Don’t give up on a great itinerary for the few PUPs points X us now “selling “to you.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Fly and Sail said:

I enjoy her social media content and I'm sure she is a great person (never met Cpt. Kate) but the personality cult is getting a little over the top and it seems to increase all the time.

She is a nice person. But what is important is that her "nice person" persona is not just a mask designed for social media or whatever. We've sailed with her on two different ships, Summit and Eclipse or Equinox. The staff and crew respected her, enjoyed working for her, and did their best to emulate her "nice person" example. She runs a good ship! And oh by the way is fun and engaging and self effacing and, if some want to "certify" her as a Media Star, then I don't hold that against her. I think Corporate does well to put her out as an example of officers one might meet if they would only buy a Celebrity cruise. Good marketing ploy.

Stan

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

She is a nice person. But what is important is that her "nice person" persona is not just a mask designed for social media or whatever. We've sailed with her on two different ships, Summit and Eclipse or Equinox. The staff and crew respected her, enjoyed working for her, and did their best to emulate her "nice person" example. She runs a good ship! And oh by the way is fun and engaging and self effacing and, if some want to "certify" her as a Media Star, then I don't hold that against her. I think Corporate does well to put her out as an example of officers one might meet if they would only buy a Celebrity cruise. Good marketing ploy.

Stan

One of my clients, who was a Navy commander, said, after reviewing her credentials, that she's a legitimate rockstar.

That said, I think they make too much fuss over gender.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

We've sailed with Capt. Kate a few times and have met her and Bug naked too. 🐈‍⬛

She's the real deal, a truly down to earth and all around nice person. She is a also great ambassador for the X brand.

• Like 3

Flights by Celebrity bookings were made last month, two of them to be exact.  It’s the 14th of the following month.  Am I right an expecting that the Captains Club points should get into my account today?

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who did the flights for Celebrity promotion last month and is also watching for the points to be added.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Flights by Celebrity bookings were made last month, two of them to be exact.  It’s the 14th of the following month.  Am I right an expecting that the Captains Club points should get into my account today?

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who did the flights for Celebrity promotion last month and is also watching for the points to be added.

Usually you don't get the points until after the flights. 

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Did any Elite member get the email from Celebrity to join the Metaverse? I've not done so yet, but wonder if any PUPs are attached to it.

No points attached to the offer. If they want us to do marketing for them it would be good faith to offer a benefit at least in the form of PUPs. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The gravy train seems to have pulled to a stop, at least for now.

About all I can bank on any more are the Go Green points. Scored 24 last month 🙂

Tom

Where do you request the Go Green for a sailing?  In the past I got an email asking me to opt-in.  I sail in January. 

3 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Where do you request the Go Green for a sailing?  In the past I got an email asking me to opt-in.  I sail in January. 

I received an email for my last cruise so opted in I think its 1 point per night.  In all honesty I did not notice anything different as far as cleaning tidying room. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I received an email for my last cruise so opted in I think its 1 point per night.  In all honesty I did not notice anything different as far as cleaning tidying room. 

How far in advance of the cruise did you get that email?  I sail Jan 2nd, and haven't seen anything yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

17 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

They actually give you a number of points equivalent to one additional night (of whatever category you're staying in).  

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

How far in advance of the cruise did you get that email?  I sail Jan 2nd, and haven't seen anything yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We got an email about a month or so before our current sailing but it was also available on the website.  I don't recall seeing it on the app, but not sure. We opted in and really don't notice a difference. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I had the link, but can't put my hands on it... Anyone out there have it handy?

Tom

23 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

It's one night's worth of points according to the category booked. Example veranda=3points per night so verandah gets an extra 3 points. 7 night cruise yields 24 instead of 21.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I don't recall seeing it on the app, but not sure. We opted in and really don't notice a difference. 

No difference at all.  I was solo in a concierge cabin for 10 night cruise. Got 20 points for the concierge cabin plus an extra 10 for the Go Green program. 

• Thanks 1