Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, patty1955 said:

I can understand that especially with all the off topic post.

All my cruises before 2014 seem to be missing although my CC points are accurate.  How about everyone else?

My X cruises before 2014 don't show in my points history as noted in the above post but the points totals are correct also.  However if I scroll to the very bottom of the page below the credit card promo to Quick Links and click on Points History there all of my cruises show up. They should name one of them Points History and the other Sailing History so you could easily find both.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry if this has already been covered.  Earned Power Up points and Go Green bonus points are now showing up on Celebrity’s website.  Log into your account and click on My Cruises, scroll down and click on Points History.  The power up points are showing as well as Go Green points and the double points booking promo.  First photo shows when I clicked on “63 Club Points.”  I had no idea I even qualified for double points on this sailing.🤣

PS:  I discovered the Points History button on the Go Green points thread that @NutsAboutGolfcommented on.  Thank you!

46C0D282-1194-4E05-BBD5-3C049581E69A.jpeg

82717E2E-DD15-455B-834F-6CC34323665A.jpeg

Nice  ... I had not noticed the PUP listed.  I have opted into Go Green for my upcoming cruises (did not know of this option before) and I'm interested to see this distinctly listed for me like yours above.  Go Green does not seem to show pre-cruise and I keep doubting I have opted in already 🙂

29 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Was there a PUP in November? I'm usually pretty good at completing them and I'm missing November 

I do not have record of there being one in November 2022.

I have 5 points for Australia and New Zealand Webinar in September 2022.

Then the next one is 5 points for Deployment Webinar in December 2022.

This morning I went through mine and it looks like they are all there including some I was not expecting including one webinar I had previously noted that I missed the deadline to view it although I think I may have viewed it.

What was previously stated about cruises prior to 2014 not being listed seems to be correct on My Cruises, but the points for those older cruises are in the total.

@newtocruiseinblueI am editing my post to add I believe some of the dates of the PUP activities on My Cruises may not be correct.  For the Alaska Webinar mine says January 2021, but I see there were posts on here about the Alaska webinar in October of 2022.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Was there a PUP in November? I'm usually pretty good at completing them and I'm missing November 

Looking at my PUP History - I see 3 points in October (Alaska webinar) and the next one was 5 points in December (deployment webinar).

Tom

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Looking at my PUP History - I see 3 points in October (Alaska webinar) and the next one was 5 points in December (deployment webinar).

Tom

So that does not jive with what they have on my MY Cruises as my Alaska Webinar is dated January 2021.  I guess we should not be surprised.  And my Alaska Webinar was 5 points not 3.  And I have never called to request missing points.

Edited by Stem to Stern

19 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

So that does not jive with what they have on my MY Cruises as my Alaska Webinar is dated January 2021.  I guess we should not be surprised.  And my Alaska Webinar was 5 points not 3.  And I have never called to request missing points.

There WAS an Alaska one January 2021 for 5pts, October 2022 there was another for 3pts as Tom-n-Cheryl mentioned.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I was up to date...but missed one...and I apologized in advance.  My face is red. Sorry again. 

Actually, you added details that weren't in Stem to Stern's original post, so no need for a red face.  You made a contribution.

• Thanks 1

My hat is off to Celebrity for adding the PUPs to point history. 

I was quietly hoping that we would start to see some website improvements after separating from Azamara (quietly because I did not want to jinx anything! 😀).  Prior to separating, any changes even as fairly minor as this one probably would cause more trouble than it would solve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Here is my record that I keep of completed PUPs.

I was not awarded on in August for the Australia Quiz, although Celebrity maintains I was credited.

54FCB703-03C1-4646-9E12-7E9DAAC80B70.thumb.png.bb847223f0a2193f8b390244e0439006.png

And here is mine 🙂  Dates the month of the actual activity not the month when points applied (Feb yet to come.)

Month

Task

Topic

Feb-23

Webinar

Europe

Dec-22

Webinar

Asia, Caribbean

Oct-22

Webinar

Alaska

Sept-22

Webinar

Australia, New Zealand

Aug-22

Quiz

Australia

Jul-22

Survey

Shore Excursions

Jul-22

Quiz

Mexico

May-22

Webinar

Celebrate with CEO

May-22

Webinar

Italy

Apr-22

Quiz

Europe

Apr-22

Quiz

Pride

Mar-22

Quiz

Women's Day

Mar-22

Webinar

Spain

Feb-22

Webinar

Turkey

Feb-22

Quiz

Beyond

Jan-22

Questionnaire

Jan-22

Xmas Gift

Dec-21

Quiz

Year in Review

Nov-21

Quiz

2023/24 Season

Oct-21

Survey

Sep-21

Webinar

WWF

Sep-21

Survey

July-21

Webinar

CEO Greece

July-21

Update Address

May-21

Quiz

Wellness

Apr-21

Quiz

Summer Sailings

Mar-21

Webinar

Asia, Australia

Mar-21

Quiz

Asia, Australia

Feb-21

Quiz

Europe

Jan-21

Webinar

Alaska

Jan-21

Webinar

Apex

Dec-20

Survey

Wish List

Nov-20

Quiz

Apex

Nov-20

Survey

Pre-Trip

Oct-20

Webinar

Galapagos

Oct-20

Quiz

Alaska Port

Sept-20

Quiz

Europe

Aug-20

Survey

Travel Habits

Jul-20

Survey

Celebrations

Jun-20

Social Media

Jun-20

Survey

Celebrity Offers

May-20

Survey

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

My hat is off to Celebrity for adding the PUPs to point history. 

I guess this means that Celebrity is not going to discontinue the PUP program any time soon.  If they were going to do so, I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of adding PUPs to point history.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I guess this means that Celebrity is not going to discontinue the PUP program any time soon.  If they were going to do so, I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of adding PUPs to point history.

I don't think one follows the other.  I do think folks got through that they would like a clear record of the PUPs earned.

That said, it seems they do seem to be continuing the PUP program even if it's slowing down.

Over the past few days I tried several times to find the PUPs listed under Points History. Only my past cruises were there (going back to 1996) but my points  including PUPs were correct. Today I tried again and the PUPs were there. If anyone had the same experience I suggest trying again to see if your points have been updated.

1 minute ago, cameronp12 said:

It makes sense from their perspective to continue the PUP, even if they do them less frequently. 

It keeps people engaged with the brand, even while not actively cruising and it probably doesn’t cost them much money to operate. 

It's a balance, I suppose.  They need to consider how it's diluting the loyalty.  As folks are noting, many have accumulated weeks worth of points for nothing.

I expect, though, that they've made that calculation.

3 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It's a balance, I suppose.  They need to consider how it's diluting the loyalty.  As folks are noting, many have accumulated weeks worth of points for nothing.

I had heard from a CC rep that another PUP was coming this month. We still have a few days left. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DCPIV said:

It's not very different to MSC status matching to attract new custom, Celebrity are at least making people work for it and engage with the brand while gaining those points rather than just handing over status like the diamond MSC handed me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I resist your characterization of it being "nothing".  I had to sit through a virtual presentation where one block of the presentation was "city or beach" questions to ship Captains. I should have gotten double PUP for that. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

I resist your characterization of it being "nothing".  I had to sit through a virtual presentation where one block of the presentation was "city or beach" questions to ship Captains. I should have gotten double PUP for that. 

I thought it was pretty good until that part.

• Like 2