Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Here’s a fun fact. We’re currently on the Eclipse and last night we did the latest Power Up event. However, even with the Premium internet service it was buffering every 30 seconds. So we turned down the sound and let it run while we went to sleep. When we woke up the next morning, it was done! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I watched it today from a hotel room, and it was fine as far as running, but did they actually say anything?

My 10 day cruise that ended Saturday was supposed to post today.  10 nights Sky suite plus Go Green would have given me 1498 points, so this snooz-inar would put me halfway to Zenith. 

While I was at dinner, the points posted, and I got a nice surprise.  I think I originally booked it as a double points promotion (so long ago during the pandemic that I forgot what I did), but ended up moving it when they changed the ship.  I got the double points.  So now closer to 1600 than 1500.

Now I really wish they'd put a level between Elite + and Zenith.  It's a long way between them.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here’s a fun fact. We’re currently on the Eclipse and last night we did the latest Power Up event. However, even with the Premium internet service it was buffering every 30 seconds. So we turned down the sound and let it run while we went to sleep. When we woke up the next morning, it was done! 😂

Same. Hopefully, it registered. To be honest, it was the most boring webinar they ever did. Way too much talk about people, almost nothing about the ships. BOO!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Same. Hopefully, it registered. To be honest, it was the most boring webinar they ever did. Way too much talk about people, almost nothing about the ships. BOO!

Funny. I can’t remember the last one we listened to. We just do it for the points! 😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ayisha said:

I suspect their goal in lowering the PUP'S and frequency is to dwindle interest. Then they can legitimately say that there wasn't enough interest in the program to continue. Otherwise, keeping the program with reduced rewards doesn't impact them much. Win-win for them either way.

Now that is an assumption.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ayisha said:

I suspect their goal in lowering the PUP'S and frequency is to dwindle interest. Then they can legitimately say that there wasn't enough interest in the program to continue. Otherwise, keeping the program with reduced rewards doesn't impact them much. Win-win for them either way.

When they want to discontinue the program they can and will discontinue it. They don’t have to justify discontinuing it in any way. They might be reducing the frequency as a prelude to discontinuing it but they don’t have to justify it by having dwindling interest. It is a relatively recent marketing program and marketing programs eventually run their course. 

50 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Do you think Celebrity understands that many people don't really listen?

I am sure they will figure it out. I try to listen but the last one was not very engaging. I stopped paying attention. Two brothers co captaining a ship blah, blah blah. It was a yawn.

If they determine that people are not listening then they should make them more engaging or stop making them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Do you think Celebrity understands that many people don't really listen?

I think their “advertising” goal is for us to keep their cruise line in mind when thinking about booking a cruise. One smart way to do that is to dangle a few free loyalty points (I.e. the carrot) by watching their “ads” every month (or at least clicking on the link) for potential cruisers searching to reach that next level. I mean how many times have we read on this thread that someone was only 2-3 points away from making Elite? Heck, we’ve made over 130 points so far since it started! 😂

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I think their “advertising” goal is for us to keep their cruise line in mind when thinking about booking a cruise. One smart way to do that is to dangle a few free loyalty points (I.e. the carrot) by watching their “ads” every month (or at least clicking on the link) for potential cruisers searching to reach that next level. I mean how many times have we read on this thread that someone was only 2-3 points away from making Elite? Heck, we’ve made over 130 points so far since it started! 😂

Maybe, but all that last video about the E-class ships does is remind me why Celebrity is no longer my first choice.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Maybe, but all that last video about the E-class ships does is remind me why Celebrity is no longer my first choice.

IMHO they should concentrate on the hardware. Less personality cult, less virtue signaling. I don’t care about who the captain or CEO is or what social issues they care about when going on a cruise.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Agreed. I actually was interested in one of the previous ones where they highlighted some of the 2024 itineraries (Japan, especially, I remembered). With this one, I expected way more info about the ships after a short bit of Q&A with the guests, but 45 minutes later it was over and there was almost nothing about the ships.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

IMHO they should concentrate on the hardware. Less personality cult, less virtue signaling. I don’t care about who the captain or CEO is or what social issues they care about when going on a cruise.

Agree.  It's off-putting, imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Diversity is the spice of life they say! For us right now we have way more cruise days booked with Princess than Celebrity over the next 2 years. But for us itinerary as well as suite prices play a big part in that. But we’ll still play the PUP game. It just gets us that closer to Zenith! 😂

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 12:14 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Can anyone suggest the easiest fix when your CC account shows all of your cruises and PUP in your history but shows a 0 points total and the incorrect CC level?

Does this eventually fix itself or do I need to call?

It is easy to fix.   Using either the App or Web.   Sign Out and then Sign Back in.   Why??  Celebrity's IT Department at it's best. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is easy to fix.   Using either the App or Web.   Sign Out and then Sign Back in.   Why??  Celebrity's IT Department at it's best. 

At least for me, that didn't work.  I also tried a different browser.  But you're correct something needed to be reset.  After about a 12 minute hold time, it took the representative about 2 seconds to fix it.

24 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

At least for me, that didn't work.  I also tried a different browser.  But you're correct something needed to be reset.  After about a 12 minute hold time, it took the representative about 2 seconds to fix it.

What number did you call?  Having the same issues