Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I always attempt to encourage people to read their cruise line site FIRST.  If they can't find the answer there, fine, come to the forums.  If you do that, I encourage you to use the "Search" box to look for the most updated information.  Finally, if you don't find what you want, THEN post a thread.

I just hate seeing multiple threads posted on the same issue within a relatively close time frame.  If someone already posted your question, then you're just clogging up the boards for someone else who has a legitimate question that hasn't been asked and answered yet.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I always attempt to encourage people to read their cruise line site FIRST.  If they can't find the answer there, fine, come to the forums.  If you do that, I encourage you to use the "Search" box to look for the most updated information.  Finally, if you don't find what you want, THEN post a thread.

I just hate seeing multiple threads posted on the same issue within a relatively close time frame.  If someone already posted your question, then you're just clogging up the boards for someone else who has a legitimate question that hasn't been asked and answered yet.

If I remember correctly, I think there have been multiple posts on this topic.  🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2023 at 12:56 PM, gold1953 said:

Oh yes , they don't want to do the work and then add TIA.. so I ignore anyone who can't be bothered to at least thank a person who puts time and effort into doing the work. I think ' thanks in advance ' is rude!

the other one that I don't like is when people don't even ask a question but give a command instead - such as 'Flip flops in the MDR - discuss' or one I saw recently - 'I have been considering upgrading to aqua - convince me' - I mean to keep the topic relevant -

'posting quiz answers is helping others cheat - tell me I am wrong' (this is an example please don't tell me as I don't think its true - I think it builds community and is helpful)

22 hours ago, malted muse said:

the other one that I don't like is when people don't even ask a question but give a command instead - such as 'Flip flops in the MDR - discuss' or one I saw recently - 'I have been considering upgrading to aqua - convince me' - I mean to keep the topic relevant -

'posting quiz answers is helping others cheat - tell me I am wrong' (this is an example please don't tell me as I don't think its true - I think it builds community and is helpful)

I see a lot of those on FB - or asking for advice on what to book - I don't know these people personally, so how would I know what's right for them?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sue.young said:

I am having trouble connecting to view the webinar, get the oops something went wrong, try again later. 
When I register says the will be an email with a link but I haven’t gotten an email. Any suggestions ?

What link are you using?  When I did the online registration, it immediately then went to the webinar without the need for an email link.  For example, this link should not require you to wait for an email after registering:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7773038565482320992?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_12657145&rid=1260709149&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Edge Series Webinar PUP 10 May 2023 EM&emsc=CCC_ZEN_LUX_NAN_H_USA_CA_38_WEB&empf=Y&emct=Z&lnkid=REGISTER_NOW_CTA&rcid=134509239

2 days left to register and watch the webinar.....

Edited by mahdnc

3 hours ago, sue.young said:

Using the link from Captains Club email. 

when I use the link you posted there isn’t any place to in put my CC number that I could see.

IMG_5802.png

IMG_5803.png

IMG_5801.png

Interesting.  Give the link that I supplied a try.

I may be an outlier here but I did not mind the Edge Series Webinar.  I like the congenitality between everyone. I didn't mind watching and hey, as a bonus I'll gladly take the points and add them to my total.  😉

🍹

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, sue.young said:

I did but there is no place for me to enter my CC number 

Sue, when you click on the link in my earlier post you don't see a registration page with these fields to put your Captains Club number in?

image.thumb.png.032b90001b9b26a8c6c56841ab3b49a9.png

Here is a larger image:

image.png.565eb85c72aec30d21e8d95a59e3a160.png

29 minutes ago, sue.young said:

I did but there is no place for me to enter my CC number 

@sue.young Are you on your phone, tablet, or computer?  Based on the screenshots you posted, it appears to be your phone.  I never tried to view the webinar on my phone before.  Maybe try a different browser?  

We in Australia just got the email inviting us to watch the webinar today - I have it playing in the background now.  Always interested to learn more but I have to agree with the posters above that the production values are pretty low-ball. You can see people reading off their notes and there is no discernable structure so far, just lots of talk.  but the images are nice and sharp - they do look like beautiful ships (although I prefer the smaller ships myself).

8 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

We in Australia just got the email inviting us to watch the webinar today - I have it playing in the background now.  Always interested to learn more but I have to agree with the posters above that the production values are pretty low-ball. You can see people reading off their notes and there is no discernable structure so far, just lots of talk.  but the images are nice and sharp - they do look like beautiful ships (although I prefer the smaller ships myself).

Yeah just watched a bit this evening, production quality has seriously nose dived, at least I can just let it run in background.

19 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I may be an outlier here but I did not mind the Edge Series Webinar.  I like the congenitality between everyone. I didn't mind watching and hey, as a bonus I'll gladly take the points and add them to my total.  😉

🍹

Always something to learn. I find it refreshing to find folks excited about their jobs and careers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, snichols23 said:

Always something to learn. I find it refreshing to find folks excited about their jobs and careers.

I like the fact that most of the Celebrity Captains are Greek.  I am half-Greek, but I know that Greeks are quite proud of their heritage in the maritime industry.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 8:14 AM, Stockjock said:

I like the fact that most of the Celebrity Captains are Greek.  I am half-Greek, but I know that Greeks are quite proud of their heritage in the maritime industry.

Celebrity is affiliated with an old (not sure if still even in existence) Greek shipping company called Chandris Line.  Showing my age here, but I emigrated to Australia on Chandris line (RHMS Britanis) in 1973.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2023 at 5:16 AM, FeebeeH said:

Celebrity is affiliated with an old (not sure if still even in existence) Greek shipping company called Chandris Line.  Showing my age here, but I emigrated to Australia on Chandris line (RHMS Britanis) in 1973.

Celebrity was founded as a subsidiary of Chandris Group in 1988 and merged with Royal Caribbean in 1997.  The Greek spelling of Chandris starts with the Greek letter "Chi" which looks like an X.  All of the Chandris ships carried the letter "Chi" on their funnels; and Celebrity continues the tradition.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

7 hours ago, 1taxlady said:

Is anyone having issues with getting points for past cruises and the power up webinars?

I haven't lately but last year I was missing a few for Power Up Point activities.  I called the Captain’s Club # the few times it happened.  Sometimes they would be credited quickly, other times I had to make a few follow up calls but eventually credited all of what I was supposed to get. 

If you are missing points, I would definitely call. 

🍹

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 8:37 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

I haven't lately but last year I was missing a few for Power Up Point activities.  I called the Captain’s Club # the few times it happened.  Sometimes they would be credited quickly, other times I had to make a few follow up calls but eventually credited all of what I was supposed to get. 

If you are missing points, I would definitely call. 

🍹

Way too much time "On Hold", then they asked what were the titles of the webinars.
Like I keep track, I mentioned it was for 2 points.
What's the big deal you think? 
Simon was in the Philippines, they're having good weather.
In other words - a total waste of my time.
I asked if there was a direct number, he said call on the same one if you haven't received them in a few days. What a waste!!!!!!