Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 6/21/2023 at 10:37 PM, tschwa2 said:

I didn't see anything in June either.  There aren't offers every month.  

I am hoping we will get a coco cat one, since they want to sell that. I don’t really care what it is about though. I just need a few more points. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 4:34 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

I didn't get anything for June.  I even went back and looked at emails into May.  What did I miss?  I know it's probably too late now, but just wondering.

Me too!

Cheers

I never saw much relationship between the price of the Royal Caribbean Group stock and the Celebrity Captains Club power up points. It seems to me that the power up points were there to encourage new bookings, to pique one’s interest, and to provide information.  With the addition of Coco Cay it would not surprise me to see a video power up points opportunity about this venue.

• Like 1

Something to consider…If you complain about unappealing loyalty perk benefits you also need to complain about the number of people with inflated status levels. They go hand in hand. I would expect to see PUP opportunities to shift to booking incentives or dollars spent. 

15 hours ago, ewespinme said:

I am hoping we will get a coco cat one, since they want to sell that. I don’t really care what it is about though. I just need a few more points. 

I just got a “June captains club update”

email and was hoping it was a PUP . But no.. Celebrity Ascent etc, Too bad. 

Edited by killarneylady

There was a webinar in May.  I think I heard rumblings that a few with upcoming bookings got one in June regarding purchasing a hotel stay or some other sort of add-on.  We did not get that one.

I expect they are phasing these out.  Their goal was to keep customers engaged through the shutdown.  I expect they would rather customers now engage with them through bookings.

1 hour ago, chicoyne said:

Is Celebrity still offering these. I haven't received any emails for a number of months regarding these. A great way to get extra points and move to a new loyalty level.

The email system does not work reliably for many people. Sounds like you might have missed several PUP opportunities. Your best bet is to subscribe (aka follow) to the thread embedded in the previous post because it will alert you to when a new PUP email has come out and a link is supplied to those that didn't get the email.

• Like 1

Nothing for June, As of January, 2023 Celebrity has engaged in very poor customer relations- making cost increase changes, additional charges like room service, extra MDR costs, reduced menus and sudden re-deployment schedules without prior notification to booked guests. Many who had pre-booked future cruises were now receiving a lesser product than what they originally paid for. Bait and Switch tactics. The re-deployment of the Beyond has caused countless logistical and financial problems for many loyal X cruisers with little or no compensation to affected cruisers.  So the elimination of PUP points is in keeping with X new motto - pay more for less- no need for loyalty incentives as ships are sailing full. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Nothing for June, As of January, 2023 Celebrity has engaged in very poor customer relations- making cost increase changes, additional charges like room service, extra MDR costs, reduced menus and sudden re-deployment schedules without prior notification to booked guests. Many who had pre-booked future cruises were now receiving a lesser product than what they originally paid for. Bait and Switch tactics. The re-deployment of the Beyond has caused countless logistical and financial problems for many loyal X cruisers with little or no compensation to affected cruisers.  So the elimination of PUP points is in keeping with X new motto - pay more for less- no need for loyalty incentives as ships are sailing full. 

It’s a little soon to say that they have eliminated the PowerUp points.  They are still referenced on the website. So there is hope for an opportunity to earn them will return.

On 6/9, I received an opportunity to get PUP points. It was tied to our October Edge cruise. Here is a piece of that email:

Starting tomorrow, earn 50 Power Up Points and save 40% when you add a City Stay Package to your upcoming cruise between June 10 - June 11, 2023. Embark on an in-depth experience in the city where your cruise starts or ends. From transportation, to hotels, and guided experiences we have you covered from start to finish so you can get the most out of your upcoming vacation on Celebrity Edge®. Availability is limited, so reserve your spot now

The price of the City Stay in Rome was amazing high. I passed.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

Did our PowerUp Points always show when we log in and link to "My Cruise and Points" and click Points History. I though it only showed previous cruises, but now is showing PUP earned!

Yeah, they added that less than a year ago which is a very nice feature.

On 7/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, cruisestitch said:

It’s a little soon to say that they have eliminated the PowerUp points.  They are still referenced on the website. So there is hope for an opportunity to earn them will return.

I think you are right.  At least no PUP's not attached to a booking would be my guess in near term.  .

I also think that business is doing well enough that they do not feel the need to offer them right now.  I would think they might want to do a few PUP offers over the balance of 2023 highlighting Ascent debut in one and going to Coco Cay now on some sailings in another PUP offering.  

Finally, I think that they might want to not put emphasis on the points as they may be making more changes to CC and not in the best way, thus not wanting to promote a negative. Just a feeling, with no facts to support the feeling.

Edited by shipshape sam

On 6/18/2023 at 7:20 AM, upwarduk said:

I reached out to CelebrityCruises via their FB, who contacted the office in Miami. I sent the proof that I had watched( final screen shot). Reply was that I wasn’t on the list, but would be added. However, I have to wait another month for the points to be added to my account.

My 3 points from the May PUP activity have indeed been added today! 15/07/23.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 3

On 7/10/2023 at 8:34 PM, njguy_south said:

Did our PowerUp Points always show when we log in and link to "My Cruise and Points" and click Points History. I though it only showed previous cruises, but now is showing PUP earned!

When I log in I see cruise history and it shows the sailings and the number of points for each cruise.  Even if I scroll all the way to the bottom I see nothing for PUP earned.   I can see Captain's Club level, sailing history and upcoming cruises.   Can you do a cut and paste of where you are seeing the PUP history?   Many thanks.

Yes, that’s the wrong place. When you sign into the website and you see your name, and click on your name you see your Captains Club number, then My Tier and Points.  Go there. Scroll down a little and under My Cruises and Points you can choose upcoming sailings or points history.  The PUP are under Points History.

Edited by cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, that’s the wrong place. When you sign into the website and you see your name, and click on your name you see your Captains Club number, then My Tier and Points.  Go there. Scroll down a little and under My Cruises and Points you can choose upcoming sailings or points history.  The PUP are under Points History.

Thanks!  I found it.