Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I forgot about all of the extra costs at Coco Cay. I guess I made the right choice choosing Bimini. 

I’m just curious, why Bimini. We’ve not been there before, and have cruises coming up with stops there. I didn’t really see much to do there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rakes5 said:

I’m just curious, why Bimini. We’ve not been there before, and have cruises coming up with stops there. I didn’t really see much to do there. 

It's one of the few islands that we haven't been to.  We have been to Nassau and Freeport. There is nothing to do there either. There will be more opportunities to go to Coco Cay on either Royal or Celebrity in the future. Key West is really the destination for us. This was the cheapest way to get there and not have to do the 6 hour drive. We will just enjoy the beach in Bimini.

19 hours ago, Texed said:

We enjoyed Coco Cay.  

I agree.  We were there with one of the monstrosities of the sea (actually I nicknamed it the laundromat of the sea as just about every balcony had laundry flapping in the breeze) and it didn't feel crowded at all.  I was surprised.  And there are plenty of things to do which require no extra payment.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2024 at 7:58 PM, cruisestitch said:

Still hoping there will be a more appealing way to earn PUP’s but happy the program is still active

Yes, it is still active, but for some reason my wife and I are not eligible for the program, since we live in Belgium: "Power Up Points can be earned by eligible members in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand" This means that all Captain's Club members living in Europe, except the UK and Ireland, are not eligible. I have contacted Celebrity several times about this, but so far I have still not received an explanation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

sure .. you get 5 points for booking a short cruise as noted in this group.. but who want to sail a 4 nighter next month???

Those of us who live within easy driving distance of the embarkation/debarkation port and who know how to hurricane proof their homes for their absence.  Also, who know from experience that cruise ships will not sail into a hurricane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Those of us who live within easy driving distance of the embarkation/debarkation port and who know how to hurricane proof their homes for their absence.  Also, who know from experience that cruise ships will not sail into a hurricane.

so these folks are the small minority

39 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I figured their target audience would mostly be people who could drive to the port...when there is airfare involved I need more bang for my buck!

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree.  We were there with one of the monstrosities of the sea (actually I nicknamed it the laundromat of the sea as just about every balcony had laundry flapping in the breeze) and it didn't feel crowded at all.  I was surprised.  And there are plenty of things to do which require no extra payment.

I would like to visit Coco Cay. 

* We refer to those RC ships as The Behemoth of the Seas. 

4 hours ago, ︎ NautiX ︎ said:

Yes, it is still active, but for some reason my wife and I are not eligible for the program, since we live in Belgium: "Power Up Points can be earned by eligible members in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand" This means that all Captain's Club members living in Europe, except the UK and Ireland, are not eligible. I have contacted Celebrity several times about this, but so far I have still not received an explanation.  

All members are equal.

But some are more equal than others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

yup..and I need to fly from Canada and leave behind my favourite weather month

Fly Porter. I got a one way to Florida for my April transatlantic for under $200. Couldn't drive down for that price.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gold1953 said:

sure .. you get 5 points for booking a short cruise as noted in this group.. but who want to sail a 4 nighter next month???

People who can drive to port but the prices keep going up. Those 5 points are going to cost them more now because they stopped offering a residents rate on these hop on hop off itineraries.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I would like to visit Coco Cay. 

* We refer to those RC ships as The Behemoth of the Seas. 

Icon is 3 football fields long. You need to call an Uber if you want to make it from one end to the other in 4 nights.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

Friends don't let friends fly Porter.

Well then you've never flown with them. Their onboard service is great. They serve free alcohol and snacks on short haul flights. Better than AC and West jet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1