Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 6/13/2020 at 9:12 AM, laslomas said:

I did not get an email about Power Up. So I went to the website page for Captains Club and read all the info. At the end was this:

"Click the ✉︎ SUBSCRIBE button at the top right of this page to receive emails from us  and participate in Power Up Points."

Even though I know I am subscribed as I do get some Captain's Club emails, I subscribed again. Ten minutes later I got the email.

I will now never know if it was because I subscribed again or whether it was coming anyway 😕

But worth a try if you have not got the email.

Just now, robinlynn said:

I am 5 points from Elite.....lost out on the change from the old to the new point system years ago.  Have nothing but time on my hands like everyone else and love to write. Frustrated that I can’t seem to get to do this although I have tried by both e mail and phone. Would love to get to Elite before my transatlantic next year!

22 minutes ago, robinlynn said:

I am 5 points from Elite.....lost out on the change from the old to the new point system years ago.  Have nothing but time on my hands like everyone else and love to write. Frustrated that I can’t seem to get to do this although I have tried by both e mail and phone. Would love to get to Elite before my transatlantic next year!

Uh, even without getting the emails it's not too hard. Just click on the various links that people post when each activity comes up, go to that page, put in your Captain's Club number and do activity. Repeat for any additional members in your household. 

However, the first three opportunities have all expired AFAIK.  I didn’t pay attention to the fourth one because it involved making a new booking which I wasn’t interested in doing. Maybe you can get in on upcoming ones if they are offered again.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

On June 27, we made a booking for the Retreat (Sky Suite guarantee - no room selection was offered) for a transpacific in April 2022 under the impression that the price would indubitably increase on July 1 when the then-current promo expired (it did). I received the e-mail for Power Up points on July 1, giving 100 Power Up points for new Retreat bookings between July 1 and July 12. Obviously, we missed the window for the Power Up points. 

However, thanks to a Cruise Critic thread, yesterday (July 11) I checked the price for that sailing and found that the Sky Suite guarantee was now significantly less than our booking. We called, got the price reduction, and the reservation re-issued.

A question that I probably know the answer to: Since the 100 Power Up points are given for "new bookings" during the period, am I correct in assuming that this re-pricing would not qualify as such? The revised booking had the same reservation number and the same original booking date (June 27), so my assumption is that it would not qualify.

I went to the Power Up link and filled in the information, just in case, but am not expecting to see any points from that activity.

3 hours ago, ExArkie said:

On June 27, we made a booking for the Retreat (Sky Suite guarantee - no room selection was offered) for a transpacific in April 2022 under the impression that the price would indubitably increase on July 1 when the then-current promo expired (it did). I received the e-mail for Power Up points on July 1, giving 100 Power Up points for new Retreat bookings between July 1 and July 12. Obviously, we missed the window for the Power Up points. 

However, thanks to a Cruise Critic thread, yesterday (July 11) I checked the price for that sailing and found that the Sky Suite guarantee was now significantly less than our booking. We called, got the price reduction, and the reservation re-issued.

A question that I probably know the answer to: Since the 100 Power Up points are given for "new bookings" during the period, am I correct in assuming that this re-pricing would not qualify as such? The revised booking had the same reservation number and the same original booking date (June 27), so my assumption is that it would not qualify.

I went to the Power Up link and filled in the information, just in case, but am not expecting to see any points from that activity.

You need to have the cruise actually cancelled and then rebooked and since it is a guarantee it shouldn't be that much of a big deal; although you'll have to put down another deposit. We also had a May 2021 sky suite booking go down $800 on the sale going on now. When we contacted our Celebrity PCC and told him about this Captains Club game going on, he rebooked the cruise for us, which triggered a new booking, and put us in the same cabin. Since you have a guarantee, you can always book another SS online this evening, which will get you a new booking number, and then contact your TA to cancel your old one tomorrow and transfer the new one to them. Just a thought ...

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You need to have the cruise actually cancelled and then rebooked and since it is a guarantee it shouldn't be that much of a big deal; although you'll have to put down another deposit. We also had a May 2021 sky suite booking go down $800 on the sale going on now. When we contacted our Celebrity PCC and told him about this Captains Club game going on, he rebooked the cruise for us, which triggered a new booking, and put us in the same cabin. Since you have a guarantee, you can always book another SS online this evening, which will get you a new booking number, and then contact your TA to cancel your old one tomorrow and transfer the new one to them. Just a thought ...

Thanks for the perspective. I had considered doing something like this (although you obviously understand how to accomplish it much better than do I), but decided it really wasn't worth the trouble. If I get the 10 CC points from the Power Up promo, I'd still be 21 CC points short of Elite, which is probably too large a margin to make up through the Power Up promo (perhaps - they might be more generous than I expect) before the next trip.

Besides, the benefits from Elite status on this particular booking are limited - the included premium beverage package covers the Elite Happy Hour benefit, included unlimited Internet covers the minutes granted to Elite status, the in-port one-day access to the Persian Garden for Elite status is sort of minimized by there only being two port days on the trip, and so on. After the trip, my wife and I will definitely both have enough CC points to be Elite, so we'll just wait until next time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CrusinSally said:

So no Power Up Points activity for this week?  They had been coming on Wednesdays... 

I did get last months points (yeah!) and now I am only 4 points from Elite (another yeah!).

Actually, the last activity (book Retreat for 100 Power Up points) had an effective time period of July 1 - 12 (yesterday), so if they are continuing the program, the new activity probably won't show up until after the last one's end date.

I'm glad to see that the program is paying off for some folks!  Since I'm in that interminable slog between Elite+ and Zenith, not so much for me.  We shall see.  I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I'll happily take the extra points while waiting for cruising to start up again.

• Like 1

Forgive me if this has been asked please.

If you move up a tier while you are waiting for your next cruise (2022) does that move up then apply for the 2022 cruise. Or do you stay with the level you were at when you booked?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Easiest one yet! Just be prepared for the sales pitches. 😷

I listed two special occasions for next year and we already have X cruises booked for both. 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I listed two special occasions for next year and we already have X cruises booked for both. 😁

Our 50th comes up in 2022. We have a cruise booked a couple of earlier, but I know they'll try to sell us one over the date of the anniversary. I'll entertain any good offers. 😷

We have another special occasion on September 2, 2020, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that!