Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

It will be a while before I start getting anxious for Power Up points.  We make Elite + on our upcoming cruise and since the gap between Elite + and Zenith is so huge, we’ll never make it to that next level.  

On 4/29/2024 at 4:41 PM, GonzoWCS said:

Me too!

Cheers

On 4/29/2024 at 4:37 PM, mahasamatman said:

I can see them offering 5 power-up points (not 5 CC points).

That would equate to 1/2 CC point. That would be an odd promotion.

On 4/29/2024 at 1:37 PM, mahasamatman said:

I can see them offering 5 power-up points (not 5 CC points).

7 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

They round up, so it would be 1 CC point.

I don't see that.  Why would they want that headache?  Since it rounds to 1 point, it's easier to keep it one point. 

On another note - it's been 7 days since our turnover, and the points aren't showing up in my totals.  I do see the cruise that ended on the 25th, and the points that will eventually be awarded are for a 16 night. We repeated April 18th.  The Club person onboard sent an email to engagement.

18 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

I don't see that.

It's in the T&C and the rules of every PUP opportunity: "Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point."

19 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Why would they want that headache?

They wrote the rules.

9 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

That would equate to 1/2 CC point. That would be an odd promotion.

But we would take it!  🙂

Cheers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

But we would take it!  🙂

Cheers

Same here... gotta get to 3000 somehow 😉

I'm extremely surprised that celebrity rounds UP for any partial points.

Edited by Tharkhold

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Tharkhold said:

While the terms make that allowance, it has never happened since the beginning of the program.  The offer has always been Power Up Points in multiples of ten, so the Captain's Club Points have been awarded in whole numbers.  10 PUP = 1 CC, 20 PUP = 2 CC, 30 PUP = 3 CC and 50 PUP = 5 CC are the only denominations I can recall.  The 20 PUP activities were early in the program, and I haven't seen those for a few years.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

9 minutes ago, omeinv said:

While the terms make that allowance, it has never happened since the beginning of the program.  The offer has always been Power Up Points in multiples of ten, so the Captain's Club Points have been awarded in whole numbers.  10 PUP = 1 CC, 20 PUP = 2 CC, 30 PUP = 3 CC and 50 PUP = 5 CC are the only denominations I can recall.  The 20 PUP activities were early in the program, and I haven't seen those for a few years.

Harris

Denver, CO

Last 20 PUP activity was credited in Aug 2022. It was a survey on shore excursions. 

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Last 20 PUP activity was credited in Aug 2022. It was a survey on shore excursions. 

Ha Ha, OK, I was wrong when I said "a few years.  Make a liar out of me over 3 months. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tharkhold said:

Same here... gotta get to 3000 somehow 😉

The real problem with having a level as high as Zenith is that it fosters a huge expectation, but you'll eventually be let down by the reality that this status really isn't all that great. Just like Lufthansa HON Circle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Ha Ha, OK, I was wrong when I said "a few years.  Make a liar out of me over 3 months. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I thought your answer—at least the way I read it—was generally correct as are virtually all of your posts.

5 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

The real problem with having a level as high as Zenith is that it fosters a huge expectation, but you'll eventually be let down by the reality that this status really isn't all that great. Just like Lufthansa HON Circle.

No! Don’t say that! I’m going to ask to have your post removed….

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Harris

Denver, CO

Yes and the 50 have become the scarcest of all.   It is so silly that the PUP are a 10x count relative to the Captain Club points when they really have no other useful value on their own.  All to make them sound like so many points when the math is the math in 'worth'.  The PUP don't provide any other gain unless I've missed a memo and these days even that is fading.

Not complaining though, they definitely helped me get to Elite!  🌻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Are you Zenith? We love our Zenith benefits and are not disappointed!

• Like 4

On 5/2/2024 at 5:12 PM, mahasamatman said:

It's in the T&C and the rules of every PUP opportunity: "Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point."

They wrote the rules.

They may write the rules, they like to save money too.

Got my 3 CC points (30 power up points from the last offer.  It was the Q&A in March.  It took them  3 weeks and 2 phone calls by me. DW had hers in the April timeframe.

They just showed up and did not give any notice which they told me they would let me know.  I am glad Celbrity did the right thing.

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 1