Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 minutes ago, helby said:

L

The cruises I selected are for June and September 2022 and there were lots of others after April.

unfortunately I don't get any 2023 and beyond may is pretty much Alaska not much else certainly not Europe.  Maybe a website issue IDK.  Either way I don't think there are bookable one beyond that.  

On 12/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, Bertram4me said:

We managed to register but, since we never received the points for the Galapagos offer, we are not confident we will get these either. 

I finally called the CC and the person that answered told me that she does not have the information, she has to send an email to the person in Marketing that oversees this program. YIKES! I asked her if she couldn't just look at my account and tell me if there was a recent 5 point accrual. NO! I was told I should hear back in a week or two!

As someone previously said, why do we bother, they have gutted the CC program and its not worth the effort for the points awarded (unless you are 5 points away from the gutted Zenith level).

Record setting service from X. They posted the 5 points today!

5 hours ago, Tiggertastic said:

So,far we’ve participated in 5 power up point exercises since june and have not received a single point awarded to our captains club. Is there somewhere specific to look for them? Can anyone give me a tip where to look? Or do I need to ring celebrity?

thanks

You need to know what your points were before participating in the pup program, then compare that amount to what is currently listed on the website. You can find out your pre-covid total by searching for an old captain's club email. They list your point total in the black box at the top of each email.

I participated and choose a Mediterranean (Greek/Malta) sailing and December TA as it was 12 nights. My husband then took part and choose 2 Mediterranean sailings, all of which were on Infinity.

I assume the point of the exercise on Celebrity’s part is advertising their cruises, but after the recent speculation regarding Constellation and Infinity going to Pullmatur, it makes me wonder about Celebrity’s tactics!

So is anyone else having trouble with this week's Power Up activity? I've been trying since last night to submit my cruise choices via the link X sent me but all I get is an error warning. I even tried the link in post 1336, but I get the same response. I cleared the cookies on my browser, no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions?

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

So is anyone else having trouble with this week's Power Up activity? I've been trying since last night to submit my cruise choices via the link X sent me but all I get is an error warning. I even tried the link in post 1336, but I get the same response. I cleared the cookies on my browser, no luck.

I didn't have any issues. Have you tried a different browser? I always use Google Chrome (Laptop). 

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We did our submissions last evening. No problems. We selected cruises we already have booked for 2021. They are certainly on our wish list, as we do not expect them to go, as things stand now. Used Microsoft Edge.

Edited by Glendakayself

11 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Was it in Europe?  I received a Europe e-mail today and I did not list any Europe cruises on my PUP.

It was Bermuda and the email subject was "Re: Your Bermuda vacation, Eric! Please review your recent search." (I get my husbands email even though we have the correct tmails on our accounts)

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

I just got a targeted email from Celebrity about one of the cruises I picked for PUP. So, we know the purpose.

Was there ever any doubt? I always browse cruises using an Incognito window so I don't get targeted emails. In fact, I do that whenever I shop for anything online. It reduces alot of junk emails.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

A response to my complaint about how quickly/early the webinar slots were filled:

We're so sorry you weren't able to register for the Captain's Club Webinar. Given the overwhelming demand, we will share a recording of the event and we are working on another opportunity to earn points from this activity. Stay tuned!

As the last webinar wasn't interactive, and I doubt that this one will be, I don't know why they don't make a recording for everyone to see in the first place, and if they want to tie it to the PUP program, ask a series of questions based on the content of the recording.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

A response to my complaint about how quickly/early the webinar slots were filled:

We're so sorry you weren't able to register for the Captain's Club Webinar. Given the overwhelming demand, we will share a recording of the event and we are working on another opportunity to earn points from this activity. Stay tuned!

As the last webinar wasn't interactive, and I doubt that this one will be, I don't know why they don't make a recording for everyone to see in the first place, and if they want to tie it to the PUP program, ask a series of questions based on the content of the recording.

Yup! I got the word for word response this morning as well and wondered the same thing. Great minds....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Yup! I got the word for word response this morning as well and wondered the same thing. Great minds....

And I got the same exact email as well.  Sad to see no acknowledgement that they disenfranchised the West Coast...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Anyone else believe the response really meant "sorry but not sorry."?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

And I got the same exact email as well.  Sad to see no acknowledgement that they disenfranchised the West Coast...

I watched the presentation, and what I found interesting was that when I ran my cursor over # of participants it was never higher than 58!

22 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Not just West Coast, but anyone who didn't respond immediately upon receipt of the notice. I am in Eastern time zone (North Carolina) and checked my e-mail about an hour and a half after the message was received. Clicked on the link as soon as I read it and the Webinar was already full. Based on other reports up-thread, looks like you had about 35 to 45 minutes to respond in order to get a spot.

Of course, if it was of the same quality as the Galapagos webinar...maybe no great loss. For that one, I put the sound on mute after the first five minutes and only listened to the pre-recorded video portions.

6 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

I watched the presentation, and what I found interesting was that when I ran my cursor over # of participants it was never higher than 58!

That was logged in. Doesn't mean that's all that was allowed to register prior to the webinar. 

47 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

To what presentation are you referring? We are talking about the Apex webinar which won't take place until next week.

• Like 2