Allure November from Canada

We will be sailing on the Allure in November, and I am wondering how this is going to work, as we are flying in from Toronto, Ontario.

Do we need to take in account the isolation period?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

We will be sailing on the Allure in November, and I am wondering how this is going to work, as we are flying in from Toronto, Ontario.

Get with your TA or RCI. Be safe and get valid info. 

What date? We are booked for Nov 22. Not sure if that will ever sail due to the current conditions. 

26 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

No way to know what restrictions will be in place in two months let alone November. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cthy651 said:

You can fly into the US right now from Toronto, it's the land border that is shut.  The only region that requires a 14 day self-isolation is Hawaii

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-travel-restrictions-covid-19-land-border-fly-1.5607741

20 minutes ago, M&A said:

You can fly into the US right now from Toronto, it's the land border that is shut.  The only region that requires a 14 day self-isolation is Hawaii

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-travel-restrictions-covid-19-land-border-fly-1.5607741

This is right, there is no restriction on flying into the US for Canadians... You do need to know that, under current rules, you will need to isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada. However, as @Ourusualbeach said,  there is no way to know what the rules will be in November. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cthy651 said:

Thanks for your replies, will wait and contact Royal when final payment is due.

The minimum wage call center person working at home from their basement will have no clue on what the Canadian and US governments will be requiring for your cruise at time of final payment.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

BirdTravels, you don't give their employees much credit.

Typically Royal will not Tell guests what foreign countries require.  As there are hundreds of foreign countries it would be difficult to keep up to date on everything and they could tell someone one thing and the next day it could change thus setting themselves up. It is up to the guest to determine the requirements to get to the port. 

11 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Ourusualbeach, didn't realize this situation has occurred before.  I am sure they have more info, than what you give them credit for.

Obviously this situation hasn’t occurred before but what has occurred before is Visa requirements which Royal suggests you contact appropriate governments.  Personally I would not trust any information the cruise line gives.  Things can change, you need to take responsibility for yourself. 

15 hours ago, Cthy651 said:

BirdTravels, you don't give their employees much credit.

Nope. We [use to] cruise 5-6 times a year and talk to dozens of call center persons a year. And *know* that call center personnel can only accurately answer what they can find by "googling" their call center system. And, that is all they are suppose to do.

But, they get paid and stay employed by selling cruises. And they are worse than used car salespersons with respect to repeating any thing they have heard or flat out lying to convince you that they are an expert, and can be trusted to take thousands of dollars from your pocket and book a cruise. Some call center people are experts in international boarder laws based on what they read on twitter in the morning. I would risk my entire vacation on twitter-kid at the call center. I would get information from the authoritative sources in the governments. 

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Typically Royal will not Tell guests what foreign countries require.  As there are hundreds of foreign countries it would be difficult to keep up to date on everything and they could tell someone one thing and the next day it could change thus setting themselves up. It is up to the guest to determine the requirements to get to the port. 

Those last few weeks in March, when every country was beginning to shut down and close their borders, were a nightmare at the airport. Things would change hourly and with pax travelling all around the world it was difficult to keep up. Sometimes pax who checked in hours early had to be offloaded at gate because of countries changing their entry requirements. Pax who had been refused travel due country restrictions on their original airline would buy tickets on another, just to find that rules had changed again by the time (often just hours later) they tried to travel and again refused. 

In normal times your government travel Web pages are the best guide 

On 6/18/2020 at 5:58 PM, Cthy651 said:

Very easy if there will be still restrictions in place by then your cruise will likely not happen at all, which currently is a very likely scenario. Not to worry just yet and if a miracle will happen as mentioned you can double check the Imigration restrictions of your government.