What CDC Grading System Does & Doesn’t Mean For Cruise Ships

Oxo

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is for crew only and doesn’t mean anything for when cruising resumes.  There will possibly be an entirely different set of protocols.

I agree.

• Like 1

I thought I would add this to this forum as info as it does pertain to cruises. 

There is so much more junk,  personal conversations back and forth,  political, etc.

Are we to post only things related to 'when cruises are to resume?'

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

There is so much more junk,  personal conversations back and forth,  political, etc.

No, it is fine to post the link, but when you say "this may add to when", that indicates you think this applies to when cruising will restart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

No, it is fine to post the link, but when you say "this may add to when", that indicates you think this applies to when cruising will restart.

I don't know where that last statement came from. I didn't notice it. 

I posted another topic and that statement came up again. I caught it that time. 

Happy CRUISING! Whenever? 

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Thank you very much for posting this.  I found it interesting and especially the link in the article to the table of cruise ships.   This gives some information of how the ships are graded now.  Good article.  

44 minutes ago, cruiserhal said:

Thank you very much for posting this.  I found it interesting and especially the link in the article to the table of cruise ships.   This gives some information of how the ships are graded now.  Good article.  

Thank you! Happy CRUISING and sstay safe! 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I interpret that that as taking on paying passengers but I don't think I have that right.

No, this is strictly for crew. When the last column had No, cruiselines were supposed to provide a charter or some other non-commercial means for any crew that wanted to disembark in the US - with a Yes, the crew can take commercial transportation to/from their home location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/19/2020 at 9:01 AM, Oxo said:

These kind of things go over better in Cruise News. Back in the day the mods would have moved it there. It's not specific to Royal Caribbean 😉

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

All of the ships (from all lines) on the CDC site are now green, except Grandeur.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

For context, the CDC doesn't list any crew transfers via the US since early August and they have not bothered to update that portion of the web site in a month.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/cruise-ship-member-disembarkations.html

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what's going on but some of the ships seem to be going backwards - Indy is now Yellow, X Summit dropped all the way to Red!

I would suspect that the ships have developed covid cases among the crew.  Not sure if RCG has been shuttling new crew in, and doing ship to ship transports, but that is my guess.  A red status can also be triggered by a failure to submit one or more of the weekly EDC (enhanced data collection) forms, listing crew temperatures and symptoms.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:57 PM, chengkp75 said:

I would suspect that the ships have developed covid cases among the crew.

I assume the issue on the RCI ships last week must have been paperwork as they are all back to green this week, though two X ships are red.