Please clarify for me what alternatives I have

We have a Nov 1, 2020,  Harmony currently booked which I'd like to move until early 2021.  As I understand Lift & Shift, which appeals, I would have to move this cruise to a date within the dates of Oct 1, to Nov 30, 2021.  This doesn't work because we have a Nov 15, 2021, cruise already booked.  And cannot take 2 cruises that close together.

So I'm asking you smarter than me folks on here for suggestions.  We have a very good price on the upcoming cruise, far better than anything I can find for next Feb - April, the dates we need to move to.  Since Lift & Shift apparently won't work, how can I preserve my pricing.  Thanks

1 hour ago, scooter6251 said:

We have a Nov 1, 2020,  Harmony currently booked which I'd like to move until early 2021.  As I understand Lift & Shift, which appeals, I would have to move this cruise to a date within the dates of Oct 1, to Nov 30, 2021.  This doesn't work because we have a Nov 15, 2021, cruise already booked.  And cannot take 2 cruises that close together.

So I'm asking you smarter than me folks on here for suggestions.  We have a very good price on the upcoming cruise, far better than anything I can find for next Feb - April, the dates we need to move to.  Since Lift & Shift apparently won't work, how can I preserve my pricing.  Thanks

Cancel your 2021 cruise if it isn’t a better deal than the 2020 one and then lift and shift your 2020 cruise to 2021. You can then apply the fcc from that cancellation to the shifted cruise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Cancel your 2021 cruise if it isn’t a better deal than the 2020 one and then lift and shift your 2020 cruise to 2021. You can then apply the fcc from that cancellation to the shifted cruise. 

LOL, that's another problem.  The 2021 cruise is also a very low balcony price, about equal with this years.  I might could lift & shift the 2021 cruise to 2022, but that's a long time from now.  Maybe Royal will come out with something new due ti this current push back.  Probably just wait a little longer.

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

Good advice. 

"Good advice costs nothing, and it's worth the price." - Alan Sherman

1 hour ago, scooter6251 said:

Probably just wait a little longer.

Wait till final payment of your 2020 sailing. If you still don't want to go then, cancel it for an FCC and apply that FCC to the 2021 sailing around final payment time of that one.

2 hours ago, scooter6251 said:

LOL, that's another problem.  The 2021 cruise is also a very low balcony price, about equal with this years.  I might could lift & shift the 2021 cruise to 2022, but that's a long time from now.  Maybe Royal will come out with something new due ti this current push back.  Probably just wait a little longer.

You can’t L&S a November 2021 cruise.  The last cruise you can a L&S is a April 2021 as there has to be a 3022 cruise to shift to.  

3 hours ago, BND said:

We're on the same cruise and the one after. I'm betting they get cancelled so we're holding on and hope they're cancelled before final payment is due.  

We're on a Nov. 1 sailing as well. I kind of really doubt that the Allure Transatlantic is going to happen (with passengers). But that is the big question....will they let us know before final payment is due around Aug. 3? We are also hoping a decision is made and communicated. 

Edited by Coralc

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

We're on a Nov. 1 sailing as well. I kind of really doubt that the Allure Transatlantic is going to happen (with passengers). But that is the big question....will they let us know before final payment is due around Aug. 3? We are also hoping a decision is made and communicated. 

We are scheduled for a Transatlantic in mid-November and also hope something is decided sooner rather than later.  We could lift and shift, but there really isn't a similar itinerary in 2021.  

• Thanks 1