Refund declined

So here’s our situation: We were on a sailing this last April that was cancelled. 
we had initially chosen for the 125% FCC for 2021. After a lot of thought and reflection we decided we cannot Cruise in the near future. 
A lot goes into it besides getting sick (but with health issues this his a big deal too) With my work I cannot risk being quarantined on a ship if folks get sick etc. And our income has taken a drastic hit and may never recover so spending that much is really irresponsible. 

We loved RC and want to be able to do this again someday. 

Now the problem. We are being told that because we wanted the FCC and tried to book for 2021. Never made our deposit and told our TA to cancel and we would rather get refunded at this time. 

TA (cruisesit) contacted RCCL numerous times and we are told that leadership with RCCL said because we chose the FCC we cannot have a refund and there will

be no exceptions. this seems very harsh seeing as we never even put a deposit down on another booking.

Has anyone been able to get money back after initially wanting the FCC? 

thanks! 

I'm no expert, but think the problem is the 2nd cruise you booked then cancelled.

It says if you get the fcc and later want a refund this year you can.... unless it got applied to the new cruise you then say you told your ta to cancel.

Maybe ask for a 3 way call as I dont believe what your ta is telling you is why the refund is being denied. Yes you can get a refund and the fcc voided. Read your canc letter. 

Once you apply the fcc to the new cruise, then when cancelled you only get your original fcc back.

Edited by firefly333

Being applied to another cruise Shouldn’t make the money disappear. we made a decision on FCC with very limited information in a short period of time. We made the best choice for our family to not cruise at this time. 
with all that was going on holding us to choices like this made in the midst of all this is repugnant. 

1 minute ago, cmg6445 said:

Being applied to another cruise Shouldn’t make the money disappear. we made a decision on FCC with very limited information in a short period of time. We made the best choice for our family to not cruise at this time. 
with all that was going on holding us to choices like this made in the midst of all this is repugnant. 

You can only request a refund if the FCC has not been applied to a cruise.  Once it has been applied no refund will be issued.  

You have until Dec 31 2021 to apply the FCC to a cruise that departs before April 30, 2022

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can only request a refund if the FCC has not been applied to a cruise.  Once it has been applied no refund will be issued.  

You have until Dec 31 2021 to apply the FCC to a cruise that departs before April 30, 2022

Now the problem. We are being told that because we wanted the FCC and tried to book for 2021. Never made our deposit and told our TA to cancel and we would rather get refunded at this time.

I may be reading this wrong and the OP would have to verify, but it seems they never actually got to book another cruise.

Exactly. We had a cruise on hold. We never paid the “deposit” which was to be the taxes that wouldn’t be covered on the FCC. 
they applied it before it was ours. I feel this is wrong! 

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I may be reading this wrong and the OP would have to verify, but it seems they never actually got to book another cruise.

Without knowing all the details I can only tell people what the policy is.  From the OP’s  subsequent post sounds like the FCC was indeed applied. The FCC can cover the deposit. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Agree its confusing, unless the ta used the fcc as deposit.

If it was never booked, why would the op ask for it to be cancelled. That's why I felt there was a piece of information missing maybe a 3 way call could clear up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yea we will be calling for sure. Just wanted to get a feel for possibilities or if others had same issue. 

to the other Q: it was prob about a month I’d have to look at the emails. We really struggled with the choice. We really wanted to go, but it would have been irresponsible on a few levels for our family. 

now even if we do book for significantly in the future(Even if safe medically)  I’m not sure that it will be a reality for us financially at that time. A lot has changed for the worse since this all happened. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cmg6445 said:

to the other Q: it was prob about a month I’d have to look at the emails.

That’s actually good news.  A month ago FCC’s could not be used towards the deposit so if you hadn’t paid anything on the reservation then the FCC’s shouldn’t have been redeemed.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Should have read further along. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

I don't see any point in putting a hold on a cruise.

If you are not sure, then don't book it until you are sure.

But please don't put a hold on it

Putting a hold doesn't make sense, since there are plenty of cabins available anyway.

The cruise is not getting sold out, with demand being as it is.

And prices are not likely to increase.

In fact, price drops are also likely. I have seen 4 price drops on some Carnival cruises since 15th April 2020

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

I don't see any point in putting a hold on a cruise.

If you are not sure, then don't book it until you are sure.

But please don't put a hold on it

Putting a hold doesn't make sense, since there are plenty of cabins available anyway.

The cruise is not getting sold out, with demand being as it is.

And prices are not likely to increase.

In fact, price drops are also likely. I have seen 4 price drops on some Carnival cruises since 15th April 2020

From March threw end of May received over $4500 in reductions, now all cancel-L&S prices on 90% same dozen 2021 Cruises been going back up. But more important to me, like score my Favorite Cabin so book early. Always get another drop later

I am getting a Carnival cruise with a deposit of $69 on a dirt cheap fare of $856 for 2 adults in 2021.
But the problem is Carnival has lost 4.5 billion dollars in March April May, averaging 1.5 billion a month. This is openly stated in the results.

They are also likely to lose another 6 billion dollars without any income in June July August and September.
After losing 10.5 billion dollars, will they have the cash to run operations and remain in business?

OP there has to be something missing from your information. You definitely can get a refund on a fcc if it hasnt been used. If your TA keeps giving you that reason that's why I'd ask for a 3 way. See what she says. Either she used the fcc without telling you or there has to be another reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I am getting a Carnival cruise with a deposit of $69 on a dirt cheap fare of $856 for 2 adults in 2021.
But the problem is Carnival has lost 4.5 billion dollars in March April May, averaging 1.5 billion a month. This is openly stated in the results.

They are also likely to lose another 6 billion dollars without any income in June July August and September.
After losing 10.5 billion dollars, will they have the cash to run operations and remain in business?

Carnival is worth about 45 billion. Hopefully, they can stay in business. My travel insurance actually covers cruiseline bankruptcy, so I would reimbursed by insurance if the cruiseline should default.