July 4, 2020 HAPPY 4TH

Oxo

I have posted many links on this forum. I ran across this one today and just had to post it. 

It is not RCI related,  nor political. 

However, I know it represents our feelings today with all the sufferings we are experiencing since the outbreak of C19.

Please, if you disagree with this posting, go to another thread. It means a lot to many of us. 

Thank you! 

• Like 8

Thank you for reposting.  I had just tried to access it,  but got this message. You do not have permission to view this content.

I googled it and now I have the video.  Thank you.

Edited by retiredgram

53 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I have posted many links on this forum. I ran across this one today and just had to post it. 

It is not RCI related,  nor political. 

However, I know it represents our feelings today with all the sufferings we are experiencing since the outbreak of C19.

Please, if you disagree with this posting, go to another thread. It means a lot to many of us. 

Thank you! 

Lovely song.

Happy July 4th.

God Bless The USA 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

went to Reba, Brooks & Dunn in December. The power went out halfway through Reba’s set...impromptu performance of the crowd singing the national anthem 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

FullSizeRender.mov

Thank you. I download it. Stay Safe!

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

Thank you.  As a patriot who has spilled blood for this country, I always get choked up when I hear that song.  The new rendition is really good.  

Happy 4th everyone.  

• Like 6

Happy 4th of July guys! Today is our 15th Anniversary with my wife. It didnt take long to decide when to Marry, 4th of July is a great day for it.. She's also got a bday on the 5th so its going to be a nice and perfect weekend! I wish you all guys have a great weekend and happy 4th of July! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Since the post has nothing to do with RCI, perhaps it was moved to another forum?

It will remain here.  Typically they let this type of thread remain, just like they let the Canada a Day thread because in a few days it will not be on the front page. 

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

this came up on the Amazon “America the Beautiful” playlist today and I replayed it twice 💕

Heard the song a ton, never saw the video. Amazing. 

• Like 1

Why? Just think about it. Very worrying. Found this article today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-pride-falls-to-record-low/

This Fourth of July, amid the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide Black Lives Matter protests, American patriotism has fallen to its lowest point in nearly 20 years. According to a new poll, less than half of Americans are "extremely proud" to be American. 

22 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Thank you for reposting.  I had just tried to access it,  but got this message. You do not have permission to view this content.

I googled it and now I have the video.  Thank you.

I got the same message. 

20 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why? Just think about it. Very worrying. Found this article today.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/american-pride-falls-to-record-low/

This Fourth of July, amid the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide Black Lives Matter protests, American patriotism has fallen to its lowest point in nearly 20 years. According to a new poll, less than half of Americans are "extremely proud" to be American. 

Tonight on PBS stations all over thev US is the Salute to the Military past and present .

It begins at 8:00 EST and ends 90 minutes later including an address from our President.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight on PBS stations all over thev US is the Salute to the Military past and present .

It begins at 8:00 EST and ends 90 minutes later including an address from our President.

Thank you for posting this event. Many people will hopefully watch the 4th of July celebration.