bye bye oceana

poorer

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I take it you didn't like her!

Best you stick with the glitz of Celebrity.

No I didn’t, I hated it. I don’t want to go on about it again but RCL, Cunard, Celebrity all sail from Southampton and offer a much better experience.

Maybe some of the other P&O ships are different. Hope so!

1 minute ago, swjumbo said:

No I didn’t, I hated it. I don’t want to go on about it again but RCL, Cunard, Celebrity all sail from Southampton and offer a much better experience.

Maybe some of the other P&O ships are different. Hope so!

Don't be shy. Speak your mind, I'll do the same.

RCL, I hated it. I don’t want to go on about again. Maybe other ships are different. Hope so!

I suppose it all depends on your definition of what constitutes a 'much better experience'

Avril 

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I take it you didn't like her!

Best you stick with the glitz of Celebrity.

Maybe some of the other P&O ships

2 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Maybe some of the other P&O ships

Double post????

5 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Oops I shouldn’t text and drive.

NO,  you definitely shouldn't!!!!  I'm surprised that you think your cruise ship opinions are far more important than road safety. 

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

Use voice typing or voice to text.
you don't need to use your fingers.
But certainly not when driving.

I know, and some people are so gullible! Lol

Anyway, thread drift again. The Oceana ended her career with P&O as a sub standard ship. This is a shame because in her heyday she was obviously well loved and created a lot of happy memories for people. It’s just a pity that Carnival allowed her to deteriorate.

When P&O was British I remember Lord Sterling being interviewed about the scrapping of the Canberra. She was an icon but he said she had to be scrapped as her life had come to an end and he didn’t want her to become an embarrassment and tarnish the memories of so many happy passengers.
The Canberra and other ships had amazing final cruises and the ships were still maintained to a high standard right up to the end.

P&O, and others under Carnival have done the complete opposite and tried to squeeze every last cent out of the ships before retirement. Commercially it makes sense but is it right?

Oops, need to stop for petrol now. X

• Like 1

In my humble opinion..   Obviously not every time, but some thread drift is interesting and stops things getting a bit boring, and can be great fun especially when Wowzz, Kalos, Andy and their friends get into it!!!!😊😆

• Like 5

So, Oceana was bought by Seajets, a Greek roll on roll off passenger ferry operator.

Ship was allegedly handed over yesterday in Piraeus. Ship has been in Patras for inspection ahead of finalisation of the deal.

I can also see her berthed still in Patras so not sure what’s going on there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

So, Oceana was bought by Seajets, a Greek roll on roll off passenger ferry operator.

Ship was allegedly handed over yesterday in Piraeus. Ship has been in Patras for inspection ahead of finalisation of the deal.

I can also see her berthed still in Patras so not sure what’s going on there.

Are they going in to the cruise business then? Where do they operate from ? Have to say, when things settle down I would be more than happy to give it a go. Our first cruise was on Louis Cruise Lines and the service, food etc was brilliant !

40 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Are they going in to the cruise business then? Where do they operate from ? Have to say, when things settle down I would be more than happy to give it a go. Our first cruise was on Louis Cruise Lines and the service, food etc was brilliant !

It appears that they may have bought it as a speculative buy either to charter out or to go into the cruise market. I know no more.

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

It appears that they may have bought it as a speculative buy either to charter out or to go into the cruise market. I know no more.

You called 'her' an 'it' 😞

Will forgive you - seriously, thanks for all of your updates and keeping us informed over the past few weeks.

(Just remember .... 'she' )

😉

• Like 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

You called 'her' an 'it' 😞

Will forgive you - seriously, thanks for all of your updates and keeping us informed over the past few weeks.

(Just remember .... 'she' )

😉

Sorry! I’m normally so good!

• Like 1

Sad to see her go.

She was the first cruise ship we ever sailed on over 20 years ago when ship was known as the Ocean Princess. We were on her 5th cruise out of San Juan after coming over from the shipyard and we enjoyed a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise aboard the lovely lady.

Our experience aboard the Ocean Princess hooked us on cruising and it our favourite way to travel. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Northumberland said:

Sad to see her go.

She was the first cruise ship we ever sailed on over 20 years ago when ship was known as the Ocean Princess. We were on her 5th cruise out of San Juan after coming over from the shipyard and we enjoyed a 7 day southern Caribbean cruise aboard the lovely lady.

Our experience aboard the Ocean Princess hooked us on cruising and it our favourite way to travel. 

I think you have the wrong ship. Oceana was launched in 2002, and has always been a P&O ship.