The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

My first ever transatlantic was on a freighter, the Canmar Courage in 2003.  My second (and first westbound) was on the Crystal Symphony in 2006.  I I have no photos from September 3 but this is the sun rising on September 6, the day we arrived in Reykjavik.IMG_0483.JPG.40c648a7eb9e7daf1f17c772d349853c.JPG

Roy

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, wearesiamese said:

Yes !! Good job!    I loved the view -looking up inside it !

Not your typical view of it 🙂

Me too, nice shot!  I’ve mainly seen it at night, but I still recognized it from underneath.  I’m better with architecture than any other area.  🙂

Vince

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Me too, nice shot!  I’ve mainly seen it at night, but I still recognized it from underneath.  I’m better with architecture than any other area.  🙂

Vince

I am no architechie, but I do find various structures, bridges etc very interesting when traveling:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was trying to figure out when you got to Paris.  Sure looked like the Eiffel Tower to me.

Roy

That would have been  during  the  summer of 1977  for me-I have only been there once:)

Edited by wearesiamese

These pictures are mainly for Roy, but also for anyone else who was  onboard the infamous #0205 in 2010.   Note the date and or time of day as we progressed from a nice day ,,to the first(?) of 2 cyclones between Fiji and Sydney(sorry not in order and my other pics are too similar to take up any more real estate in this thread LOL

004.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

023.JPG

402342_479525635415580_1664201812_n.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BEAV said:

I will bet a bottle of hand sanitizer Roy is already working this into his next around the world adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

I will bet a bottle of hand sanitizer Roy is already working this into his next around the world adventure.

After 2 planned trips and 2 pandemics I've decided that my planning a round the world adventure is a sure jinx.

Roy

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

I had that exact thought when I read the article! 

You do have cult status around these parts, you know, Roy......😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

After 2 planned trips and 2 pandemics I've decided that my planning a round the world adventure is a sure jinx.

Roy

Maybe it's also the UN-jinx, though?  What if the only thing that can wobble 2020 back on its axis is you successfully completing a world trip?  😃

Vince

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:13 PM, wearesiamese said:

These pictures are mainly for Roy, but also for anyone else who was  onboard the infamous #0205 in 2010.   Note the date and or time of day as we progressed from a nice day ,,to the first(?) of 2 cyclones between Fiji and Sydney(sorry not in order and my other pics are too similar to take up any more real estate in this thread LOL

004.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

023.JPG

402342_479525635415580_1664201812_n.jpg

We were.  Quite a ride and a little excitement when my wife, an RN, saved a lady who was choking then had her heart stop right before the voyage ended --- on formal night no less.  The Captain invited us to join him as we sailed into Sydney Harbor pre-dawn.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, almostretired said:

We were.  Quite a ride and a little excitement when my wife, an RN, saved a lady who was choking then had her heart stop right before the voyage ended --- on formal night no less.  The Captain invited us to join him as we sailed into Sydney Harbor pre-dawn.

Thank God your wife was there to help save a woman's life on that cruise. One does not like to hear the words "code blue" on a Crystal cruise:(  🙂 Did any of the dining room windows break on our cruise? It seems to me some  windows may have broken, as well as  pod(aakk) on my 2009 cruise from Auckland to Perth, after we left Melbourne. I had been forewarned by the friend of my dad's I had dinner with in Melbourne, about a pretty large storm coming in, but didn't think anything about it at the time.. I also had not previously known about the weather in the Australian bite being prone to bad weather since there was basically no land  to break  bad weather, waves etc  from Antarctica to the coast of Australia in the GAB 🙂

We were an entire day getting into Perth ate as poor Serenity had to limp along to Perth on 1 pod. Another memorable cruise, rocky ride ,some broken dishes I think , as well as a major item-the pod!  My dad had a PS and he and my sister got off in Melbourne and flew to Pert a few days early to spend some time with some dear old Rotary friends, and re-boarded in Perth. So I got to stay in the PS instead of my former  7036, for the rest of my trip, and boy do you feel movement so much  more in the upper decks    I did not know what to do with a butler  who was very nice but actually seemed a bit sad that I didn't have more for him to do LOL so I had him do  just a couple of things. The room attendants put my dad's computer, printer, wine bottles etc on the floor in his  closet and the bottles between the cushions of the sofa of the living room, to ride out the storm.. I am grateful he was not on the ship for this portion of the world cruise, as it got rough in some ways worse than # a year later, and likely would have fallen.bdown...

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 1