The Daily for Saturday Jul 11, 2020

richwmn

today is Cheer up the Lonely Day and National Blueberry Muffins Day

"There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate."

Meal suggestion for today - Potato Kielbasa Skillet

Wine for today - Groth Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Reserve vintage 2016

At Sea Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/24
Maasdam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Noordam destination Singapore eta 7/11
Veendam destination Suez Canal eta 7/17
Volendam destination Singapore eta 7/12
Zuiderdam destination Singapore eta 7/13

Hong Kong Anchorage
Eurodam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Singapore Anchorage
Nieuw Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0711sing.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily report, love it.

The meal and wine suggestions sound good to me.

I will send some e-mails to some lonely friends and family, I wish we could visit them in person.

We had rain yesterday, and it's cooled off a bit around here.  Not as humid this morning, and today's high is forecast to be 23C, a lot better than the 30+ we had for the last week or so.  🙂

Have a wonderful day.

Stay healthy.

• Like 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Cheering up the lonely is a great day to celebrate by reaching out It might  have to be on the phone or virtual or from a distance but it is always appreciated.

That quote on teenagers is ever so true!  Love the meal suggestions.  I’ll pass on the red wine but there will be wine tonight 😉 

Some floral moments for the day:

the last of the peonies blooming.  If we get the rain today it will put the end to the petals.

C3561571-1D3A-4F0F-9EE2-6A6387FB4C2E.thumb.jpeg.a5a802c4b162c990f292889fd0e62607.jpeg

A6BD5D27-EF24-4EEC-92B8-6EBC2557BE91.thumb.jpeg.367ed727b24d283fa41dc15827ab3c39.jpeg

more clematis starting to bloom on the pergola

0A8B2887-7F62-47B9-9230-A519E6C16CD0.thumb.jpeg.ca6d023de4a2152fd401fa7b1115c7af.jpeg

0E8F5DEA-6662-41F8-9E8B-9107EFA36C47.thumb.jpeg.619a2ac4c877c9bf7a98a990eaad12de.jpeg

and my vine is climbing my fence quite well.  (The backyard is fenced to keep the dogs in and the deer out 😉 )

E736B08B-A6C4-48FC-95C9-391BF2EE35C1.thumb.jpeg.522f2cc984a763ef35c580036d86871a.jpeg

Hope there has been good news for @Sharon in AZ and Allen is recovering well @Seasick Sailor  Stay well and healthy all 🙂 

• Like 6

Hi Rich, Thanks a bunch for the Daily. I enjoy logging on here before I even read my news feed.

Hi sisters Cat and Denise. Denise I hope you had a fabulous birthday. What a great way to celebrate. You are one special lady!

Thanks kazu for thinking of us. We are doing well. Allen is so happy to be home and I am so happy too.

I was a bit of an unruly teenager. Then I realized I wanted a career and did a 180..

Our neighbor is planting trees and shrubs next door and it will be really nice. I can't wait to get approval on our yard so we can get rolling.

I am not a red wine drinker, so will stick to whites. We toasted Denise's birthday last night with Prosecco, and then another toast for Allen's homecoming, and a half glass because the bottle somehow was empty.😁

Hope everyone knows they are never lonely, you always have a friend here on CC, and God is always watching over you.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

It’s a great idea to read this before (and after) reading the “regular” news!

That's what I do - and check back several times.

37 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hope everyone knows they are never lonely, you always have a friend here on CC

That's what makes this thread so great. Thanks to all who contribute.

• Like 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!  

Denise, looks as if you had a special day! Good for David for spoiling you! I toasted you last night, but it was with a tropical fruit smoothie. 😎 Joy, I toasted to you, Allen & his 90+ oxygen levels, too!

It was so humid here last night, that I could not sit outside. Not even with the fans on. 
Then it rained. Again. But this time, it released the humidity so Bindi & I had a great morning walk.  But before we went for a walk, someone stopped by for breakfast. Thought of you @kazu

BFF86777-80D8-4E9C-9E64-AE72B159C2A0.jpeg

Bindi is responsible for eliminating loneliness in my neighborhood. Some folk come out to give her a t-r-e-a-t. Others come out to chat. She is not friendly to other dogs, and no human can actually pet her, but she is entertaining. I will take the blueberries, but skip the muffin. Still watching my carbs.

The wine is out of my league, but has a superb rating. Going to a friends for dinner, so not sure what is on the menu.

Jacqui - your garden pics. Wow oh wow! Those peonies alone. 

Sharon hope your son is feeling better, and he gets negative test results soon.

@Krazy Kruizers, you are now on our radar screen.  Hope all is well.

Stay well everyone.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 6

Good morning all, thanks for the update Rich.  I wonder where the 3 ships going through the Suez will end up, any guesses?  The menu for tonight sounds delicious and I will keep it For a cooler day.  I am not a blueberry fan, so no muffins!  As others have said, todays saying is oh so true.  Our watering ban was lifted yesterday just as the skies opened up, the gardens are happy again!

2CA41B03-82B6-4849-A10C-96440F27E6FF.jpeg

046622EE-D5E9-4C37-9113-98ADEBDFB053.jpeg

52F6B28A-BAB2-46D1-8B7F-5702632D4248.jpeg

1EB75E29-67D3-4F39-8F71-5B2BEED6808D.jpeg

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Great quote - I figure grandchildren are our reward for not having eaten our teenagers.  Right how it's a little too warm for blueberry muffins, but I could make a batch and bake them in the toaster oven on our deck . . . hmmm.

@Seasick Sailor   I'm happy to hear your DH is home, that he's feeling better, and that you were able to enjoy a bottle of Prosecco together!

@puppycanducruise  I have a friend on Manitoulin Island who has been complaining about the relentless heat; glad to hear there's been a break in the weather for you!

@richwmn   We thoroughly enjoyed your meal suggestion(Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken) for yesterday, in fact there were leftovers (shown) to freeze for another meal for both of us.  I served it over rice, and it was a great reminder of our Feb. 2018 Maasdam SE Asia cruise.  Thanks for the memories.  And wine.

image.jpeg.0561b70e6eb91f2caa0d943c30eef56f.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!🌺

Dear Rich,

A big apology goes out to you for yesterday my friend! I didn’t realize how much I was on The Daily!! Should of stopped at hello!! Your quote is so true and I as well can relate. I am not a blueberry muffin person but David sure is!

🌺To Joy and Cat!! Thank you! We toasted also but toasted too much!!!😞 My drive by with everyone was one to remember!

Oh boy will I remember!

To everyone Thankyou! 
🌺I am grateful that Allen is home and safe!

🌺I also pray for Sharons son to get better

Happy Saturday 

Denise😊

• Like 3

Good morning,

Another hot and humid morning here and will stay until tomorrow.  Yesterday had about 7-10 minutes of drenching, pouring rain while the sun was shining.  Always a lovely happening.

Tonight is DIL birthday celebration so will have her favorites, cold cherry soup, summer salad, grilled chicken with mango salsa, roasted potatoes with garlic and onions, grilled veggies and fruit tart.  Would love to serve the wine suggestion but it would break the budget.

Thank you all for the beautiful garden pics.  Hope we can see them progress through the season.

Joy and Allen, keep on the path of getting healthy again.  Have a good weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the report Rich.  That quote is so true and Blueberry is my favorite muffin.  Eurodam seems to be playing hookie again.  The destination still says Hong Kong but she is rapidly steaming South.  I think it's a bit early to be out to sea to make water so my guess is she's going somewhere.  I don't think her destination changed to Hong Kong until she's there so she's probably being quite elusive.

I think the care list is still the same.

Continued healing for Allen

Healing and test results for Sharon's son.  I think I saw on the news yesterday that Arizona was one of the slowest states producing test results.

Word from Krazy Kruisers, now at the 8-day Cruise Critic silence mark.

Last minute addition, Happy Birthday to the daughter in law.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Weekends are for recreation and I love camping.  I also love sunrises and sunsets, even when they are partly obscured by trees.  Today's sunset was taken at a camp in the Poconos of Pennsylvania on 6/26/13.

dusk0626minsi.JPG.bc6e60afe075854150745c266a3f649e.JPG

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Dear Rich,

A big apology goes out to you for yesterday my friend!

I just went back to yesterday's thread and can't find anything you need to apologize for but thanks.

I'm just glad that everyone enjoys these threads and participates.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Eurodam seems to be playing hookie again.  The destination still says Hong Kong but she is rapidly steaming South.  I think it's a bit early to be out to sea to make water so my guess is she's going somewhere.  I don't think her destination changed to Hong Kong until she's there so she's probably being quite elusive.

Cruise Mapper shows her retracing her steps back to Singapore. In some respects that looks to be a 'lay up' position, but several ships have visited for a day or two and continued on.

0711Sing2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Copper10-8 posted this on the Amsterdam thread

Re: Amsterdam, so the original plan was to anchor in an extended layup off Malaysia. As has so often been the case since March of this year, those plans have been changed. Maasdam, Veendam, Amsterdam and Rotterdam are now (or will be, in case of the latter two) all heading for the Suez Canal and, once in the Med, for a layup off Cyprus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2