Majesty of the Seas for UK?

Hi to Grapau27 across the pond.  I Know ya are missing cruising just like us in USA.

I think Majesty would be a good small ship to do some of those small ports in Norway or Iceland as well as Scotland or Ireland. 

Big and new ships should not be the only game in town I say.

Toodles

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

I already posted  this info in another thread

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/portsmouth-welcomes-biggest-ship-ever-citys-harbour-after-huge-upgrade-port-2910130

She’s already left Portsmouth to go to Southampton 

Reads like an article from 1992.

"The massive luxury cruiser Majesty of the Seas sailed into the port this morning in an historic first for Portsmouth."

"   ‘Little did we know as soon the berth was ready for service, we'd have the largest cruise ship the city has seen alongside.’   "

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hi to Grapau27 across the pond.  I Know ya are missing cruising just like us in USA.

I think Majesty would be a good small ship to do some of those small ports in Norway or Iceland as well as Scotland or Ireland. 

Big and new ships should not be the only game in town I say.

Toodles

Thank you.

2 cruises,1 on Allure and a P&O Azura Caribbean/TA back to Southampton and a week hotel stay in Orlando have been cancelled so far.

Graham.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/portsmouth-welcomes-biggest-ship-ever-citys-harbour-after-huge-upgrade-port-2910130

Thanks.

We live 300 miles from Portsmouth but one of my buddies on P&O forums mentioned Majesty was in Portsmouth and was rumoured to be staying.

I thought she would be sold or scrapped and why I started this thread on RCL forums to see if anyone had any information on her future.

Graham

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I didn't see your post.

Was there any information given on what she was doing over here and what her future cruising might be?

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I didn't see your post.

Was there any information given on what she was doing over here and what her future cruising might be?

I read Pirtsmouth has been allowing ships to fuel up and repatriate crew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

I think she is just relocated to bring her closer to the beautiful beaches of Aliaga, Turkey

Of all the ships in the RCG fleet, X Infinity is the closest to that beach now - only about 30 miles away. Though Pullmantur Monarch is quickly approaching as well.

She was only in Portsmouth for a day, she's been docking regularly in Southampton and occasionally in Dover for several weeks now, and is due back into Southampton this week.

Apparently the stop in Portsmouth was due to them having just completed work on their dock as before she wouldn't have been able to get in. It seems that many of the ships along the south coast of the UK dock wherever there is space when they need to resupply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

It seems that many of the ships along the south coast of the UK dock wherever there is space when they need to resupply.

I think they are using an app like GasBuddy to find cheap fuel.

• Haha 2

We have a cruise booked out of New Orleans on Majesty in September 2022, which we L&S'd from this year. I assume, if MOS does not return, they would move us to another ship hopefully (but not Empress). Time will tell. Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We have a cruise booked out of New Orleans on Majesty in September 2022, which we L&S'd from this year. I assume, if MOS does not return, they would move us to another ship hopefully (but not Empress). Time will tell. Cheers!

Oops! I meant 2021. Retired brain mistake!😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SilkySal said:

6 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Oops! I meant 2021. Retired brain mistake!😉

If Empress is still in RCI’s fleet in September 2021, she’ll be doing Canada cruises. We did the  L & S of our Sept. 2020 Canada cruise on Empress to the same cruise in Sept. 2021. If Empress leaves the fleet, I don’t think any other RCI ship could replace it from Montreal.

• Like 1