Free Sprecialty Dining Promotion

tert333

I just called and they said they added it to my cruise without changing booking or price increase. How can i check to see if it was added and if it was, does it take a day or so to show up?

1 hour ago, abbiep said:

I just called and they said they added it to my cruise without changing booking or price increase. How can i check to see if it was added and if it was, does it take a day or so to show up?

Just go to your travel summary and it will show up there

Is this really a perk enticing enough to book a cruise if you weren't going to? It's not really a free meal since you already have paid for a dinner in the main dining room or any other included venue.  If it's a cruise you were booking anyway I would take advantage but it's not the dangling carrot that would entice me to book.

Since we're on the topic of Specialty Dining, did anyone else see the new revamped menu for Sabatinis on the Discovery Princess? The Sabatini DR as shown on the Princess.com site (Ships, Discovery) itself looks like the remains of the Curtis Stone restaurant, Share, that we saw on the Emerald, which is quite a change from the Sabatini's that many of us remember. Share is not listed for the Discovery, no loss as we're concerned. Not only the DR has been stripped down, but the menu also has gotten quite a haircut. Choices now read like a neighborhood pizza store: Eggplant Parm, Veal Marsala, Pork Tenderloin, etc. 

On one hand, the old, original Sabatini's was way too much food, then they pared down the menu a bit but left the specialty items. Now the specialty items appear to left the menu as well. A separate beverage menu lists a few bottles of wine and some mixed drinks. 

No menu is posted for the Crown. 

Of course, none of this really matters at this point anyway, but it may be a sign of things to come if and when we ever do get to return to cruising. 

sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

43 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Since we're on the topic of Specialty Dining, did anyone else see the new revamped menu for Sabatinis on the Discovery Princess? The Sabatini DR as shown on the Princess.com site (Ships, Discovery) itself looks like the remains of the Curtis Stone restaurant, Share, that we saw on the Emerald, which is quite a change from the Sabatini's that many of us remember. Share is not listed for the Discovery, no loss as we're concerned. Not only the DR has been stripped down, but the menu also has gotten quite a haircut. Choices now read like a neighborhood pizza store: Eggplant Parm, Veal Marsala, Pork Tenderloin, etc. 

On one hand, the old, original Sabatini's was way too much food, then they pared down the menu a bit but left the specialty items. Now the specialty items appear to left the menu as well. A separate beverage menu lists a few bottles of wine and some mixed drinks. 

Of course, none of this really matters at this point anyway, but it may be a sign of things to come if and when we ever do get to return to cruising. 

sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf 1.28 MB · 4 downloads

Thank you for sharing the new menu.  You are right a lot less food.

3 minutes ago, 1012daisy said:

Thank you for sharing the new menu.  You are right a lot less food.

There are 2 separate menus   It depends which Sabatinis you have on a given ship. Some are the original menu and those shown as trattorias have the new menu. Both are great and you do not need to eat every course 

2 hours ago, loge23 said:

sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf 1.28 MB · 9 downloads

we had this new menu while on the Sky in January, and my husband and I both agreed it was one of the best meals we have had on a cruise.   We loved it, and much preferred it to the old Sabatini's menu.

• Like 1

Just had the speciality dinner added to our cruises (3 in total) without adding extra cost or new booking number.

My TA said that Princess made a mistake—was suppose to be on new bookings only.  Told her that folks would only get specialty if requested.

The specialty dining promotion was not added to our Panama Canal Cruise though.  It is part of a world cruise and not eligible.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 8:14 PM, azgrandmax3 said:

Appreciate this topic.  We were able to add the dinner without any extra costs and kept our original booking.  We try not to change booking numbers, last time we did it affected our flight costs.  What is your understanding about when this dinner can be scheduled?  Last couple cruises it had to be first night, but then we were in a suite.  They would not allow us to change.  Thanks again.

What we have seen in the past is that there is a card in your cabin on embarkation day that tells you the time/day/restaurant you have been assigned.  You can call and change it if you are not happy with what they gave you.   They can't possibly have everyone dine on the first night with this being offered to almost everyone!  We have noticed that the first night in the specialties is usually very slow.  I guess they leave it open for the Suite guests to book on that night....but we peons can usually get in to dine on that first night.

34 minutes ago, suzyed said:They can't possibly have everyone dine on the first night with this being offered to almost everyone!  We have noticed that the first night in the specialties is usually very slow.  I guess they leave it open for the Suite guests to book on that night....but we peons can usually get in to dine on that first night.

This will be my first Princess cruise and I didn’t do specialty dining on my Carnival cruise.

Is speciality dining on the first night popular? I just got my 365 day and was able to book Share for the first night. I only chose those day because I am rarely certain this won’t be a formal night and we like to goto the MDR on formal nights. We plan to do Sterling Steakhouse also but are not able to make the reservations for this place yet. I am hoping I can get this as my free dining meal. 

6 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

This will be my first Princess cruise and I didn’t do specialty dining on my Carnival cruise.

Is speciality dining on the first night popular? I just got my 365 day and was able to book Share for the first night. I only chose those day because I am rarely certain this won’t be a formal night and we like to goto the MDR on formal nights. We plan to do Sterling Steakhouse also but are not able to make the reservations for this place yet. I am hoping I can get this as my free dining meal. 

Sometimes you can't book the first night in advance on the Personalizer (sometimes you can) but when you get onboard you can go directly to the restaurant you want to eat in and see if they have any openings.  It's not usually a problem.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Is specialty dining on the first night popular?

Not really. That is why they made it a free perk for full suites and it had to be used that evening only.

However, if many people book with a free specialty dinner perk, then a number of them may be assigned to the first night.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, tert333 said:

There is a new promotion effective today for a free specialty dining voucher.   The promotion runs until August 6.   For me, the price was the same as it was yesterday. Can be used in combination with the Princess Plus promotion.

Yes.  We had our PVP add it Friday without having to re-book or re-fare.

Since I will no longer pre pay, I will book when I get on board.

I have had free dinner before and when I pre booked they charged my credit card, instead of using the free specialty dining credit.

Had the charge reimburssed once onboard.

On 7/19/2020 at 6:50 AM, cruzsnooze said:

Is this really a perk enticing enough to book a cruise if you weren't going to? It's not really a free meal since you already have paid for a dinner in the main dining room or any other included venue.  If it's a cruise you were booking anyway I would take advantage but it's not the dangling carrot that would entice me to book.

I see it as a nice perk and incentive to NOT cancel our bookings.  

13 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

Probably a lease popular night as that is the only night assigned for the free Suite Specialty Dinners as well as the BoGo Coupon Specialty Dinners  from the TA Coupon Book.