December ships vanish

42 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I bet the death rate in the "R" states are going start cranking up now Lol

Still something very wrong with the US when we have about 5% of the Worlds population yet about 25% of the cases

WE shall see, cases have been up for a while, so they say..death have not started back up..and I really don't see any thing funny about any of this. Carry on.  

I only posted those stats because the NYC Mayor was in GA yesterday to tell us we were doing wrong.  Typical. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, roger001 said:

Certainly not getting any better.  We go to mandatory masks in our county tomorrow.  

Not as long as you know who is president. I'm glad we  live in Canada

Edited by FranknBeans
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FranknBeans said:

Not as long as you know who is president. I'm glad we  live in Canada

Lovely country, I have had wonderful vacations there and some of the nicest cruisers I've met are Canadians. 🙂 Absolutely wonderful people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Yes, my January 3, 2021 Getaway is gone too, as is all January 2021 ships out of NY.

Umm... no. 

I just checked - and there are at least three Caribbean cruises on two different ships still listed out of NY in January 2021. 

21 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Lovely country, I have had wonderful vacations there and some of the nicest cruisers I've met are Canadians. 🙂 Absolutely wonderful people.

Thanks DC, and likewise... I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family from the US. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

Here is something you never see on the mainstream media, because it does not fit in with their sensationalist agenda.  This is directly from the Georgia Department of Public Health website.

Covid-19 Daily Report.

Annotation 2020-07-21 152100.JPG

Dave, not sure if you are saying it's a hoax and it'll just disappear so nothing to worry about like some other leaders?

Well the US as a whole and many other states aren't doing so well.  Cases continue to blow up, the reason deaths haven't followed lock step is that the distribution in age for the new cases is different, many more younger / healthy.  But for the US a country of more obese, diabetic and unfit then many other given our love of buffets, supersizing and drive up... you can expect a trend up in deaths as cases continue to explode.  Then you got the issue that as much 40% of infected don't develop symptoms yet could still transmit the disease to older and higher risk people make testing also a huge gap here.

Any questions?

covid_by_age.JPG

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-UnitedStates.png

91-DIVOC-states-Florida.png

30 minutes ago, DinaS said:

Umm... no. 

I just checked - and there are at least three Caribbean cruises on two different ships still listed out of NY in January 2021. 

I see they are back.  They were gone for a few hours.

45 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Dave, not sure if you are saying it's a hoax and it'll just disappear so nothing to worry about like some other leaders?

Well the US as a whole and many other states aren't doing so well.  Cases continue to blow up, the reason deaths haven't followed lock step is that the distribution in age for the new cases is different, many more younger / healthy.  But for the US a country of more obese, diabetic and unfit then many other given our love of buffets, supersizing and drive up... you can expect a trend up in deaths as cases continue to explode.  Then you got the issue that as much 40% of infected don't develop symptoms yet could still transmit the disease to older and higher risk people make testing also a huge gap here.

Any questions?

covid_by_age.JPG

91-DIVOC-states-Florida.png

Not saying it will disappear at all.  Just showing the facts.  My poor 87 year old mother in NY called me in a panic because her local station was saying half the population of GA was dying.  Yes, the number of positive tests were increasing until a few days ago.  BUT, the number of deaths has been decreasing since mid-April.  The press really needs to stop scaring people.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Deaths per million residents...

New York City - 2627 (Mayor orders covid positives into nursing homes)
New York State- 1666 (other than NYC)
Belgium - 857
Democrat governed US states - 681
Italy - 579
Sweden - 549
United States - 422
Georgia - 290
Republican run US states - 217
South Dakota- 100

Shocking that the death rate is higher in densely populated urban states than it is in flyover country.  Shocking I tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Deaths per million residents...

New York City - 2627 (Mayor orders covid positives into nursing homes)
New York State- 1666 (other than NYC)
Belgium - 857
Democrat governed US states - 681
Italy - 579
Sweden - 549
United States - 422
Georgia - 290
Republican run US states - 217
South Dakota- 100

If you believe NYC and everyone that will die in a nursing home already has then the 422 / million for the US comes to about 125,000 deaths for the US, pretty close to that.

Except the fact we probably only have only between 8-25% probably infected / exposed and need to get to 80% for herd immunity.  Of course the fatality rate for the 60% not infected likely lower ( except those nursing homes and elder NOT yet exposed )... figure we'll be at quarter million deaths, so would have a different response been warranted.

We did a horrible job, shutting down and surely didn't flatten the case curve, funny how certain country's simply couldn't contain their freedom / liberty or have discipline or make the necessary short term sacrifice.     

Now everyone says hmm, maybe wearing a mask is a good idea and but the disease is totally not containable now, all for not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

15 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Thanks DC, and likewise... I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful friends and family from the US. 😉

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

That has been our experience also, across 47 cruises.

I agree wrt to our neighbors in the Great White North. And...they have you're back. Ask BirdTravels. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

And....they don't talk funny....well...not much.   🤣

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

"Y'all" don't really talk funny, different, yes ... vive la difference it's all good 

Your spelling is my favourite funny thing  🙃

I lived and worked down in Texas for many years. I have to admit, "y'all" did become part of my vocabulary (had to fit in, lol). Seems that I have dropped the "y'all" since I moved back up to Michigan.

How about the people in NY (especially) Buffalo, that say "you's guys"? Btw, I saw what you did with the word favorite. Nice touch.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

"Y'all" don't really talk funny, different, yes ... vive la difference it's all good 

Your spelling is my favourite funny thing  🙃

I relocated from Los Angeles to Chicago, working at O'Hare.  The native Chicago folks that were born and raised downtown by the Loop, I couldn't understand half of what they were saying they had such a strong accent.  I live in Tennessee now and y'all is my every other word.   We have some Australian friends who visit occasionally.  He is very afraid that traditional Aussie stuff is not being practiced by their younger generation and tradition will be lost.  So when he is here and we go out in public, he goes to the extreme to be as old time Aussie as he possibly can.  He has some words and phrases and an accent that has me baffled half the time....much to his delight.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Living in Pittsburgh, I hear yinz a lot and I HATE it.  I am not a yinzer at all.  And yous.  What? And love my Canadian cruisers.  Staying pre cruise you can always tell the gang of people laughing and having too much fun are Canadians!!  Love it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BEACHBARB said:

Living in Pittsburgh, I hear yinz a lot and I HATE it.  I am not a yinzer at all.  And yous.  What? And love my Canadian cruisers.  Staying pre cruise you can always tell the gang of people laughing and having too much fun are Canadians!!  Love it.

Well, I guess the question is, "what is life without laughter?"  Love my cruising friends too, no matter where they're from.  😉

• Like 1