CL/SL future when cruising returns.

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those ships with CL, have basically the same set up in the  DL.  In fact, many DL are much larger  than CL and have a nicer view  ( Grandeur comes to mind).   

D+ passengers really have lost NOTHING when  assigned to a DL rather than the CL.  Who cares what  the lounge is called?

m

DL are usually overcrowded...And if you were a D+ you would realize we have lost out. We like the option to use either as we used to based on the ship to use the DL or CL and yes I agree on some ships the DL is much nicer..but certainly not all. Ever been in the DL on Harmony ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

D+ should be allowed in the CL or SL...Yes ... we've earned it !!

Earned what  as  D+?     The same benefits as someone paying 10 times  the cost  a standard  cabin or the same benefits as one who has over 700 cruise points ( almost 6  times what is needed for D+)?    D+ is 180 points, a very nice show of loyalty and rewarded with a variety of generous benefits, but not worthy of what suite and Pinnacle guests should receive. 

I don't see the issue with using a DL rather than a CL?  Who cares what it is called?  What have you done  on ships  with  only a suite lounge and  diamond lounge?  If there is no CL what choice is there.  If the lounge name  is so important,  book a suite, sail enough to reach  the  Pinnacle category.    Other wise, be happy with a DL.

M

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

DL are usually overcrowded...And if you were a D+ you would realize we have lost out. We like the option to use either as we used to based on the ship to use the DL or CL and yes I agree on some ships the DL is much nicer..but certainly not all. Ever been in the DL on Harmony ?

Book a suite and use either one.  

M

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm Really ... Why ?...At a minimum D+ should again be allowed in the CL and on many ships there are so few suites it's ridiculous to not allow them in the SL..Each ship and C&A levels should be flexible to that sailing.

Agree that a blanket statement might not work for all ships and all sailings.   I've been on sailings  with  an empty SL and CL.   But, what  happens  if one is allowed access on one sailing and not another?

M

16 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those ships with CL, have basically the same set up in the  DL.  In fact, many DL are much larger  than CL and have a nicer view  ( Grandeur comes to mind).   

D+ passengers really have lost NOTHING when  assigned to a DL rather than the CL.  Who cares what  the lounge is called?

m

Many? You may have listed the only one. 

Enchantment - no view

Vision/Rhapsody  - maybe a tie

Radiance Class - no way 

Voyager Class - not sure if any CL's left

Freedom Class - no CL

Quantum Class - no way

Oasis Class - no CL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve said before, allow access to SL top 25 C&A points. If that’s a D+ or D, so be it. 

M8

Interesting concept - but a nightmare.    One who is B2B might not have the official new amount to allow access so someone  just getting on with fewer points in the  system  beats them out.   I can see folks blaming the concierge and withholding a tip,  or bribing them with an extra tip for access.  

It really isn't broken now with CL/SL access to suite and pinnacle passengers, and  many overlap.  

And like a said on the DL thread, I don't  have a dog in the fight as we rarely use the  lounges in the evening.   I don't care for most of the free drinks so have one,  maybe two drinks ( one usually being  a club soda) and  gladly pay for a decent drink.  The ship bars and lounges are so beautiful, some have music, some are outdoors, I can't understand why folks would want to  hang out in the same room every night.  We go to different bars for a  voucher drink for variety.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, DL should be allowed on all XLs, we paid our way. 

As Suite guest you pay significantly more and are a much better yieling client than most D, D+ or P's who earned their status through inside cabins and heavily discounted fares.

Hence even Pinacles should be banned from Suite Lounges if there are more tan 10 on a cruise to avoid overcrowdng.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

As Suite guest you pay significantly more and are a much better yieling client than most D, D+ or P's who earned their status through inside cabins and heavily discounted fares.

Hence even Pinacles should be banned from Suite Lounges if there are more tan 10 on a cruise to avoid overcrowdng.

With COVID19, I can see limiting the SL to SUITES only. 😇  and NOT adding more people. SMH

I also see a good possibility that no dedicated lounges will be available. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Many? You may have listed the only one. 

Enchantment - no view

Vision/Rhapsody  - maybe a tie

Radiance Class - no way 

Voyager Class - not sure if any CL's left

Freedom Class - no CL

Quantum Class - no way

Oasis Class - no CL

I said they had the same set up.      Not saying all are the same location, 

They  GENERALLY  have the  same amenities. When we've bothered to look,  offered drinks are the same, coffee machine in both,  appetizers are the same,  continental breakfast is the same.

The whole conversation is about the CL.  If there is no CL on a ship, then there is nothing to discuss. 

M

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

With COVID19, I can see limiting the SL to SUITES only. 😇  and NOT adding more people. SMH

M8

One of the benefits is having a concierge, we might also see the lounge only used as the contact point to the concierge, but no more beverages services etc will be offered at leat for the time being. At some point the cruisline will also go back to the Lounge concept or come up with something new.

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

You went from 25 to  0  That was fast!😀

At this point I don't  care, I simply hope to cruise within the next 12 months, and I hope with RCCL. 

Hey - just a few months ago, the biggest problem in the world was plastic straws!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Hey - just a few months ago, the biggest problem in the world was plastic straws!

Now ir's face masks...have  feeling this topic will remain present a while. Who cares, even with masks, as long as safe crusing will be possible again.

50 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Agree that a blanket statement might not work for all ships and all sailings.   I've been on sailings  with  an empty SL and CL.   But, what  happens  if one is allowed access on one sailing and not another?

M

That happens on B2B's at times...you follow the rules...that's what happens.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Yes, we cruise many times a year. I would rather get a heavily discounted cruise and buy the UDP than pay for a suite. On Oasis class we like Central Park. Others don't because they like to see the sea. We don't buy the BevPkg because of the D+ perks. Excellent free drinks. The only problem is if you have to many you walk funny. 

LOL

Stay Safe! 

56 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Already too crowded with just Suite Guest and P’s. Lots of kids in SL with their families. I bet you would just love that. 😇

Don't forget many kids are D & D+ and they have every right to be in the appropriate lounge with family of course.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Harmony DL deck 4 dungeon for the biggest ship just doesn't seem right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

+1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Earned what  as  D+?     The same benefits as someone paying 10 times  the cost  a standard  cabin or the same benefits as one who has over 700 cruise points ( almost 6  times what is needed for D+)?    D+ is 180 points, a very nice show of loyalty and rewarded with a variety of generous benefits, but not worthy of what suite and Pinnacle guests should receive. 

I don't see the issue with using a DL rather than a CL?  Who cares what it is called?  What have you done  on ships  with  only a suite lounge and  diamond lounge?  If there is no CL what choice is there.  If the lounge name  is so important,  book a suite, sail enough to reach  the  Pinnacle category.    Other wise, be happy with a DL.

M

"Earned what" !!!......You have no idea of the total costs I've spent on RCI since the mid 1980's...Loyalty should be what I earned!

I have no concern that you "don't see the issue" I wouldn't expect you to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

D+ could have 699 points.

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Don't think so. I believe Marci is pinnacle

Well then how would "Marci" feel if she could only use the DL going forward if she didn't book a suite ? Would she feel the loss of what she has worked toward with her loyalty?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

We are D+ and have sailed in balcony,JS and suites on 51 out of 54 cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1