CL/SL future when cruising returns.

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Will Suite prices come down if there is no SL?.

We booked 2 suites (granted JS) for Jan 2021 before the pandemic madness started and they are now triple the cost of what we paid. I don't think we'll be sailing yet in January though sadly.....

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We booked 2 suites (granted JS) for Jan 2021 before the pandemic madness started and they are now triple the cost of what we paid. I don't think we'll be sailing yet in January though sadly.....

Wow triple the cost.

It must be their way of making money with a lot less passengers to operate social distancing.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Wow triple the cost.

It must be their way of making money with a lot less passengers to operate social distancing.

When we booked our cruise it was KSF which it no longer is for some reason. I noticed the prices started to climb as soon as the FCC's started to get handed out. Royal knew they had captive customers......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I've been wondering if there will be another revamp of the loyalty program based on this. 

Our D+ drinks in our cabin.

Shop discount

Free HH drinks usually outside DL

Dining BOGO

First time on Explorer we used the free internet.

1 free photo each

All other D+ benefits we never use.

Now is the best or worst time to change benefits depending on how long cruising is prohibited.

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

When we booked our cruise it was KSF which it no longer is for some reason. I noticed the prices started to climb as soon as the FCC's started to get handed out. Royal knew they had captive customers......

With social distancing on the table, is there a need for KSF promotions.  Last thing they need is free bodies increasing density

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It had already started first of this year with some CL’s only open to Suites and P’s. 

M8

There are still too many Suite passengers for CL/SL even before social distancing so that's why I queried the future of these lounges or whether a free DP or similar will replace them.

Good for you Rory if it happens as you currently pay for the DP.

Graham

4 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

With social distancing on the table, is there a need for KSF promotions.  Last thing they need is free bodies increasing density

There will be no cruising while social distancing is in place. It's impossible to accomplish on a cruise ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There are still too many Suite passengers for CL/SL even before social distancing so that's why I queried the future of these lounges or whether a free DP or similar will replace them.

Good for you Rory if it happens as you currently pay for the DP.

Graham

I’ve never seen the SL crowded with just Suite Guests. Only when the number of P’s onboard is high. Same goes for CL. 

We get the DP for choice and convenience. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Kids Sail Free. We have 2 so it helps a lot. 

As far as I’m concerned, kids are welcome in the SL. After all, Royal caters to families sailing. The true entertainment is watching the P’s start their looks and rolling eyes at the kids. Lol

M8

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As far as I’m concerned, kids are welcome in the SL. After all, Royal caters to families sailing. The true entertainment is watching the P’s start their looks and rolling eyes at the kids. Lol

M8

Probably a reason why the SL future policy could change when sailing begins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You should start another thread asking if kids should be allowed in CL/SL. It would be a very entertaining thread. 😇

M8

If kids or adults are well behaved that's fine by me

Maybe someone who is affected  by kids might start that thread probably including DL as well.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, compman9 said:

To the OP - I have a very constructive reply for you

As I am a lowly Diamond Plus traveller, I have never been allowed in the CL, so I don't really care 😁

I have been in several CLs as a lowly D+ but it was only last time on Explorer that we stayed during HH and had a few drinks as usually I don't find them appealing.

You started a thread on DL so as a fellow Brit I thought CL/SL guests should have an opportunity to say what they think what the future holds for them.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I thought CL/SL guests should have an opportunity to say what they think what the future holds for them

But they are just not the same. The atmosphere in the CL is much different than that of the SL, in our experience.  You can see it here on CC. 

M8

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

So KSF trumps a pin who actually paid to be on the ship🤔

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But they are just not the same. The atmosphere in the CL is much different than that of the SL, in our experience.  You can see it here on CC. 

M8

On Oasis class where it has only ever been SLs I can't comment on because we have not been in one so I am guided by your experience.

Last time we were in a GS on Brilliance it was a CL. and a lot of ships still have CL as a Suite amenity.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Last time we were in a GS on Brilliance it was a CL. and a lot of ships still have CL as a Suite amenity.

Have been on Brilliance/Serenade/Enchantment/Freedom with a CL and the atmosphere is definitely different than our experience with SL (only Oasis Class). CL’s always seem to us to be a competition of who has the most sailings and when they will make P, who can talk the loudest especially after drinks are flowing. Lots of seat saving. 

M8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Have been on Brilliance/Serenade/Enchantment/Freedom with a CL and the atmosphere is definitely different than our experience with SL (only Oasis Class). CL’s always seem to us to be a competition of who has the most sailings and when they will make P, who can talk the loudest especially after drinks are flowing. Lots of seat saving. 

M8

Thanks.

This is good to know.

The SL experience on Oasis class is interesting and when cruising restarts I will be watching what changes are made.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

So KSF trumps a pin who actually paid to be on the ship🤔

KSF in a full suite or better.  Of course children receive their parent's C&A level and are entitled to the youth benefits of the applicable level. 

I might be in the  minority but I love   seeing families on cruises.  Reminds me of  30 plus years ago when we took our then young children on cruises.  

We enjoy Coastal Kitchen on ships that have it.    We  often sail in the summer or holidays when ships are full of children.  The larger families having diner makes it a bit more difficult for those who want  to eat early,  as many of the tables are used for families of 6  or 8.     Often two smaller tables are pushed together to accommodate families.   Luckily we eat later and generally have no issue. 

We rarely see children in the cocktail areas ( on an Oasis class ship) as  it seems the families, especially those with  young children,  are more involved  in  ship board activities and dinner.  Rarely do we see families with young children  just lounging around pre dinner.    Same for  non Oasis class ships with CL or SL.  The night or two we use it, we rarely see children.  Then of course, on non summer sailings, those off season, there are way fewer children  and many more C&A high level passengers.  So, children, regardless if paid or KSF are not an issue.  

I am a morning user of the lounges, will visit what  ever lounge is closest to our cabin and  rarely, if ever, see  children of any age in the lounge at that time.  

M

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1