If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

12 hours ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi,

Here's an interesting article about the U.S. Vaccine Court.   Apparently the Feds just set up a new Covid Vaccine Court.  Guess that's a good thing?  For some reason, in Canada, we do not have a vaccine court or any government sanctioned remedies available.

NJ 

https://www.fairwarning.org/2018/12/vaccine-court-pays-billions/

Not sure what you are seeing that's new. Think these are just the Federal Court claims/settlements for adverse effects taking any mandated Vaccines, been around for years. With Covid the US Govt basically funding development, testing and cost of Vaccines. Getting it is supposed be Free, adverse effect happens File Claim with the Court. Might be more then that if anyone wants help feel free...

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree. It’s sad the amount of deaths in NY long term care facilities. Very sad. Those deaths could have been prevented had CV patients not been sent to those facilities. 

M8

Yes, of course.  The amount of deaths in the country could have also been mitigated with earlier action based on what was known!

• Like 2

I am NOT an anti-vaccine person. 

I have a biochem background and have worked in the medical field, critical care.

I will NOT get any rushed vaccine, ever. I am not willing to be part of a test group for anything fast-tracked. 

That said, when a proven vaccine, a safe vaccine is available then YES I will get one. 

NOT being political but am standing with science on this one. 

And to all those earlier posters that said something about the numbers.

Every number is someone's family member. Every number is one too many. 

ALL of us need to do whatever we can to help get this "thing" under control.

Everyone stay safe and I hope to see you on ship soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

I am NOT an anti-vaccine person. 

I have a biochem background and have worked in the medical field, critical care.

I will NOT get any rushed vaccine, ever. I am not willing to be part of a test group for anything fast-tracked. 

That said, when a proven vaccine, a safe vaccine is available then YES I will get one. 

NOT being political but am standing with science on this one. 

And to all those earlier posters that said something about the numbers.

Every number is someone's family member. Every number is one too many. 

ALL of us need to do whatever we can to help get this "thing" under control.

Everyone stay safe and I hope to see you on ship soon.

I feel this way also. 

According to the CDC, as of yesterday, the highest number of cases per 100,000 of state population are:

Louisiana (Highest)

Florida

Mississippi

The lowest are:

New Hampshire

Maine

Vermont (lowest)

Per death rate per 100,000:

Highest (in order):  New York City. New Jersey, Massachusetts

Lowest: Hawaii, Wyoming, Alaska (lowest)

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100k

• Thanks 2

On 7/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, julesbeara said:

No way! Keep in mind it would only protect you from 1 strand of the virus -They've never required a vaccine why start now????

3 hours ago, seaface said:

No way! Keep in mind it would only protect you from 1 strand of the virus -They've never required a vaccine why start now????

If you mean one "strain" then the reality is, what is being researched and tested now is not a cure. The idea is to lessen the symptoms enough that it's like a cold.  BTW, if this vaccine works well, then the common cold may be next on the list.  

Also, I've seen in several places where the mutations are making the virus more contagious but less deadly.  The virus doesn't really want to kill it's host.

36 minutes ago, Pratique said:

It’s never too late to change course.

Things pretty good in my neck of the woods.   Our Rvalue is below 1.  

Latest CDC IFR

0-19 years - .003%
20-49 years - .02%
50-69 years - .05%
70+ - 5.4%

source

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Think you are reacting politically.  If a vaccine is not safe it will not be released.  The question you need to ask if a very very small chance of an adverse reaction versus the COVID virus.  Nobody is suggesting a vaccine now.

There have been vaccines pulled off the market after release, because sometimes severe side effects are found only when the vaccine has been released to the public and larger groups have taken the vaccine, most notably the first rotavirus vaccine and the Lyme vaccine 

I'm a vaccine advocate but even I will wait several months to get the vaccine once it is released. 

18 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

There have been vaccines pulled off the market after release, because sometimes severe side effects are found only when the vaccine has been released to the public and larger groups have taken the vaccine, most notably the first rotavirus vaccine and the Lyme vaccine 

I'm a vaccine advocate but even I will wait several months to get the vaccine once it is released. 

Lyme vaccine was safe. Pulled from market due to economics and unfounded claims. 

9 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Latest CDC IFR

0-19 years - .003%
20-49 years - .02%
50-69 years - .05%
70+ - 5.4%

source

And as what everywhere is seeing the over 70 crowd is mostly in senior facilities in patients that were already either sick or declining.  And most of those were over 80.  The numbers jump dramatically when hit age 80+.

9 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Latest CDC IFR

0-19 years - .003%
20-49 years - .02%
50-69 years - .05%
70+ - 5.4%

source

R value (Basic Reproduction Number) and IFR (Infection Fatality Ratio) aren’t the same things.  What you’ve portrayed and said is misleading and meaningless.

9 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

One particular rotavirus vaccine was pulled because 1 or 2 out of 10,000 infants developed a type of bowel obstruction which they "think" was linked to the vaccine.  There are still rotavirus vaccines on the market still being given to infants.   Rotashield was pulled off the market and it brought up a huge discussion on acceptable risk.    Herein lies the problem, people want 100% guarantee that they will have zero reaction whch isn't possible.  There will be allergic reactions just like everything is an allergen to someone.  There will be other reactions just as there are to other vaccines.  I've said it before but I had a reaction to the Shringrex vaccine to the point I couldn't go to work for a day after both shots (fever, aches, lethargy) but I'd do it all over again to avoid shingles.  It's an acceptable risk.   As is the fact that a certain percentage of flu vaccine recipients are at risk for guillame-barre.  

Most everyone I've seen say they won't get it because it's being "rushed" don't say what they think the side effects may be especially since there really haven't been any big ones.  So, right now they're afraid of nothing.  Testing is going very, very well.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

R value (Basic Reproduction Number) and IFR (Infection Fatality Ratio) aren’t the same things.  What you’ve portrayed and said is misleading and meaningless.

Did I say they were the same thing? No.  I was pointing out my area is doing a good job controlling the spread and updating others w/ latest IFR from CDC.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BND said:

And as what everywhere is seeing the over 70 crowd is mostly in senior facilities in patients that were already either sick or declining.  And most of those were over 80.  The numbers jump dramatically when hit age 80+.

Yeah, pretty sad.  We have to do our best to keep it away from those folks.  I’ve seen a lot of positive data recently about these facilities in Cincinnati doing a better job keeping it out.  A good friends wife works in a long term assisted living facility and the protocols they have in place are fantastic.  Just doing what they can to protect the venerable

8 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Yeah, pretty sad.  We have to do our best to keep it away from those folks.  I’ve seen a lot of positive data recently about these facilities in Cincinnati doing a better job keeping it out.  A good friends wife works in a long term assisted living facility and the protocols they have in place are fantastic.  Just doing what they can to protect the venerable

Where my mother in law lives has done a fabulous job.  She lives in an Erickson Community which is mostly independent living but they do have long term and memory care as well as assisted living.  The only part of the community that takes medicare is the rehab/long term care section and that's where they've had the vast majority of cases.  25 in the extended care, 45 staff (they're hands on so it's to be expected) and 2 in independent living.  12 deaths total and they were all patients in the long term care and not all were residents before Covid.  Some were transferred there after they got sick by their families.  Just like in our county where almost 70% of deaths were in the 80+ age group and in long term care facilities. 

Most everyone living there because it's on their own dime are very well educated. A lot of retired Dr's, military officers, etc.  They pretty much all want the vaccine and have been asking how soon they can get it.  Most of them lived through things like polio and have a different perspective than some 40 year old who never had to worry about it.

Edited by BND

48 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Did I say they were the same thing? No.  I was pointing out my area is doing a good job controlling the spread and updating others w/ latest IFR from CDC.  

Why not include the price of gas along with the other unrelated figures  to provide even more disjointed perspective?