Carnival Site cancelled cruises updated 7/22/2020

Quagmire789

The website shows it updated today 7/22 but I'm trying to figure out what changed.  Looks like cruises still going in October the way I read it with some being canceled that we already new about.  Can anybody tell if there is anything different?

14 minutes ago, Quagmire789 said:

The website shows it updated today 7/22 but I'm trying to figure out what changed.  Looks like cruises still going in October the way I read it with some being canceled that we already new about.  Can anybody tell if there is anything different?

True i also cant see a difference in the list. I am still on for my January sailing

28 minutes ago, Cruisertoday said:

Carnival Fantasy is now bound for Aliaga with a 7/28 arrival date per MarineTraffic

Also, the Carnival Magic is headed to Civitavecchia.  The Magic will very likely meet up with the both Fantasy & Inspiration to pick up the remaining crew right before their arrivals at Aliaga.

Edited by ch09

One of the new things listed is Magic is cancelled from March 13th - May 3rd.    We were originally booked on the Breeze for 8 days starting March 27th and a couple weeks ago we got switched over to the Magic out of Miami.     Looks like it has been cancelled now.    

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ch09 said:

Also, the Carnival Magic is headed to Civitavecchia.  The Magic will very likely meet up with the both Fantasy & Inspiration to pick up the remaining crew right before their arrivals at Aliaga.

Hi,

We have an Inspiration Cruise (our local Port) in December. I want to believe your “very likely” info you shared. I see the Marine Traffic as the source for the Magic. Was the Inspiration in the report?

Basically, I s this your opinion based on other people’s opinions Or from a particular factual source that you can name, I need to read this too. 🛳🛳
Thank You,

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

6 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

We have an Inspiration Cruise (our local Port) in December. I want to believe your “very likely” info you shared.

Is this your opinion based on other people’s opinions Or from a particular factual source that you can name, I need to read this too. 🛳🛳
Thank You,

Bobbi 

Carnival just closed bookings on the Inspiration and several other ships. so that all but confirms that changes are coming. Also the Fantasy just updated its reported destination from Izmir to the Aliaga, where ships get broken up. The Inspiration is only a few days behind the Fantasy in the Atlantic Ocean. However, I do think the ship will be replaced by a bigger ship if ships are allowed to sail. 

Edited by ch09

1 minute ago, ch09 said:

Carnival just closed bookings on the Inspiration and several other ships. so that all but confirms that changes are coming. Also the Fantasy just updated its destination from Izmir to Aliaga. The Inspiration is a few days behind in the Atlantic Ocean. However, I do think the ship will be replaced by a bigger ship if ships are allowed to sail. 

Ugh ..... well, thank you. 😔😔

10 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

One of the new things listed is Magic is cancelled from March 13th - May 3rd.    We were originally booked on the Breeze for 8 days starting March 27th and a couple weeks ago we got switched over to the Magic out of Miami.     Looks like it has been cancelled now.    

They cancelled Magic’s transatlantic cruises starting from Miami to and around European cruises during that time to leave it in Miami to take over the cruises that the Breeze was to do out of Fort Lauderdale.  I was booked on Breeze out of Fort Lauderdale April 24th 2021 they moved us to Magic out of Miami with same dates, itinerary and cabin room number.  I just looked and our cruise for April 24th is still in my booked cruises.  I even tried a mock booking and it let me.  Prices sure are higher than what I paid.

1 hour ago, iamsteph said:

The Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Sensation, and Radiance are all grayed out for me on Carnival's website now. . 

•  

Very interesting in the fact that i have a January 21 cruise on the Sensation out of Miami and a May on the Fascination out of San Juan. Maybe ships will be replaced with others. Do not want a cancelled cruise again

Well crap.  I'm thinking we're just going to cancel entirely.  Just called hubs to tell him not to pay our remaining balance for our March 13 cruise on Magic only to find he JUST PAID IT.  Ugh.  Hoping I can intercept and cancel the transaction!

17 minutes ago, KeithsKelly said:

Well crap.  I'm thinking we're just going to cancel entirely.  Just called hubs to tell him not to pay our remaining balance for our March 13 cruise on Magic only to find he JUST PAID IT.  Ugh.  Hoping I can intercept and cancel the transaction!

Just curious, why would you make a final payment so far out?  The final payment on the cruise we had scheduled for 10/25/20 was coming due on 7/26.  We called and were able to move our deposit to a cruise in October 2021.  Just wondering why, in this time of volatility in the entire cruise industry, you would even consider making final payment months before it was due.

Edited by K&RCurt

1 hour ago, Brad1972 said:

They cancelled Magic’s transatlantic cruises starting from Miami to and around European cruises during that time to leave it in Miami to take over the cruises that the Breeze was to do out of Fort Lauderdale.  I was booked on Breeze out of Fort Lauderdale April 24th 2021 they moved us to Magic out of Miami with same dates, itinerary and cabin room number.  I just looked and our cruise for April 24th is still in my booked cruises.  I even tried a mock booking and it let me.  Prices sure are higher than what I paid.

So maybe someone can answer my question on this.    We are 3 sisters - originally booked on the Breeze 4/25/20 - Carnival cancelled cruise so we re-booked for 3/27/21 with their $600 OBC offer on the Breeze.   A couple weeks ago they cancelled our booking on the Breeze and moved us to the Magic.   Like Brad said above with his booking with the same itinerary, date, and room number - just sailing out of Miami on a different ship.    They offered another $200 OBC for the inconvenience of moving us.     Now I see this notice where they are cancelling this cruise (although I too did a mock booking this morning and it still shows up) and our booking still shows up.   It shows on there if we want to re-book up thru sometime in 2023 they will give us $600 OBC.    Does this  mean they will add another $600 or am I going to lose previous OBC.    If not that would give us $1400 OBC total if we rebook.    My sisters paid on credit card but I paid with $1000 Carnival gift card (seemed like a good idea at the time because I bought them with Discover 5% cash back bonus) so for me I would probably just book out into late 2021 or maybe 2022 just to keep the OBC.   I guess I'll leave it up to them.   

Would be good to know for sure that we will have $1400 OBC on the new booking though.   Thanks for any input.    This is the place I always turn to with questions because there are so many people that follow on cruise critic.   Stay healthy.   

Personally, I would not have.  Hubs was trying to be helpful, I think!  He mentioned late last night that he had money sitting there and was going to just pay a couple of our upcoming trips so it's out of the way.  I really didn't THINK he was talking about the cruise, and just called him to make sure he DIDN'T do anything in regards to the cruise....   Fortunately, I was able to reverse the transaction so payment was not made.  His response, though, was to cancel the cruise and not rebook, he's tired of the cruiseline uncertainty.

Edited by KeithsKelly
OOOPS! Forgot to quote/respond to K&RCurt!